• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins screenshot leaks, new details (AC4 team, Naval combat, more)

18-Volt

Deeke[VRZ];235950478 said:
I wonder if this will take place in the Ptolemaic period of Egypt's golden age, when Greeks mingled with Egyptians to make the Hellenistic period.

I hope it's Ptolemaic period, there would be much more buildings to climb. That being said, Sphinx was buried in sand in that period and lighthouse of Alexandria was to be built years after Ptolemy's death. That timeline would be missing two of the most important landmarks. Though AC games have never been historically accurate, they gave us Galata Tower with its cone.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
A female character and Greece would get me to buy this game...so I think it's horseshit. It'll be Egypt, and a silent buff dude. We know that already.

Roufianos

Deeke[VRZ];235950478 said:
I wonder if this will take place in the Ptolemaic period of Egypt's golden age, when Greeks mingled with Egyptians to make the Hellenistic period.

I'd say that's a safe bet given that Rome is also meant to play a part in the upcoming series.

Arttemis

Assassin's Creed IV's naval combat was amazing! I really loved it!
I liked it but hated how claustrophobic they made the Caribbean. There was never a moment when you were the only ship in sight, with two to four ships seemingly always around you. I want to see ships near ports, but let me go out to sea and said in peace! I hope the sailing is made more realistically; instead of instantaneous takeoff, let the sails drop, fill with air, and then the boat should lurch forward.

Fall / Holiday 2017 is so nuts

Destiny 2
RDR 2
Assasin's Creed: Originals
CoD: WW2
Star Wars: Battlefront 2

and all seem to deliver on previous (in some points) disappointing iterations

and maybe even more not yet announced stuff

I'm surprised they never made naval combat spinoff games as a separate IP franchise.

They already have Revelations and Chronicles, so Origins is naturally the next on the list of overused nouns to insert into a game's title. Will Assassin's Creed Unleashed be next?

jdstorm

Banned
Sounds great.

But seriously please go back to calling it Assasins Creed Empires. It was a much better name.

Greek_Trireme.png

Trireme battles would be fun.

They were literally built to just ram into other ships and board them. An assassin amongst that would be perfect.

I'm sure, from a business standpoint, that doubling down on huge open worlds and adding WRPG features to the game is a good idea, but to me it just seems like they took the year off to make the game even more generic, everyone seems to be moving in that direction.

We'll have to see though, havent even seen the game yet so i shouldnt be complaining.

Cool to see the naval combat staying around. Ashraf Ismail is an amazing director! I'm personally glad to see an Egyptian helming this game if it's set in Egypt.

Akai__

Can I just have a new Assassins Creed game that has the scope of AC2?

And I really don't want yet an other Naval Combat game. It really should have been it's own IP, instead of using the Assassins Creed name to generate more and safe sales.

Why would you want more of the worst parts of each game?

The present stuff was interesting in 1, 2 and Brotherhood. Fuck everything that came afterwards, even the ridiculous attempt of getting onto that "2012 is where the world will end" train nonsense.

jdstorm

Banned
Been thinking more about the dual Male/Female protagonists. I wonder if Assasins Creed:Origins is going to go back to its Prince of Persia roots and do an epic romance. Gosh now my brain is running wild.

Imagine an ancient egypt/greece game with the 7 wonders of the ancient world to explore, The Library of Alexandria, the hanging gardens of babalyon, and ships that sail across the Mediterranean. Combine that with playable dual protagonists. (so Prince of Persia but you can choose to play as the Prince or Farrah, or Uncharted but you could choose to play as Elena) Then have Aristotle or one of the other ancient greek philosophers as the Davinciesque Tech guy. This is sounding amazing.

Edit: Given its an Alternate History take on the period, there will obviously be Ancient Superweapons that make the Naval Battles more interesting. (Like the mythical Solar Laser)

sam777

I assume the main characters will work similar to how they work in AC Syndicate where you can switch between Jacob and Evie at anytime.

Also I hope there is not much Naval combat as I find it pretty boring.

I'd love this. But I'm worried that we're just gonna get another cookie cutter Ubisoft map

I am totally expecting some snake eating its own ass stuff.

AC inspired Far Cry post 2 and helped create "Ubisoft Open World game TM".

Now Far Cry could inspire AC with how to make a open world game outside of the urban setting but still might now be the shift these games need.

I really hope Ubi Montreal can turn the AC franchise and every open world franchise they have around. I feel like I loved them all at one point before the fatigue set in.

"Bigger" is no longer a selling point to me, it just means it's laced with more pointless collectibles.

Yep. I'd even go so far as to say it actively makes me disinterested in a game. I usually don't even do half the available stuff in an AC game when I play it, so what's the point of adding more?

DOWN

Banned
Love the series so I'm excited

I just wish they hadn't downgraded the visuals for Syndicate and added the convuluted leveling up systems

Its structure is said to be less linear, featuring a character progression system less tied to the story. A development source we spoke to compared it numerous times to Bethesda's Skyrim.

The game will apparently grant the player considerably more freedom, featuring a greater emphasis on exploration over previous entries in the series.

YES to all of this. Now leak the game already Kotaku.

Top Bottom