• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins screenshot leaks, new details (AC4 team, Naval combat, more)

Gamezone

Gold Member
No modern day, meaning they will skip the going into a machine stuff? It's the worst part about every Assassins Creed game. How did it last this long?

rackham

Banned
The start of the boat garbage is literally when I stopped caring about this series.

Work on the core gameplay instead of fucking pirate simulators

The start of the boat garbage is literally when I stopped caring about this series.

Ummm, AC4 was a game about Pirates... What did you expect?

Also, silly of you to assume naval combat will be a big aspect in this entry, just because of a single screenshot. The time period doesn't serve well to naval combat since it was very limited back then. He's also on a boat not a ship, so it will probably be used mostly for traversal rather than combat!

rackham

Banned

Also, silly of you to assume naval combat will be a big aspect in this entry, just because of a single screenshot. The time period doesn't serve well to naval combat since it was very limited back then. He's also on a boat not a ship, so it will probably be used mostly for traversal rather than combat!

I'm well aware of what AC4 was about.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Im just gonna put this here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_navy

AC4 was probably my favourite AC game after 2 (roughly even with Brotherhood).

I've played a lot of AC games now, so if they want to hold my interest the games need to feel fresh. Black Flag managed that with the pirate/naval motif. A feudal Japan motif (with ninjas and samurai) could be amazing too, and I'm disappointed they didn't opt for that, but that one would be a fairly big departure with a lot of culture shock. Probably best to save that for when the series needs a dramatic change of pace.

Ancient Egypt? It could be great with a strong story, and I'm assuming the parkour elements will be underground/interior ones (inside cavernous tombs, raiders of the lost ark style).

No modern day, meaning they will skip the going into a machine stuff? It's the worst part about every Assassins Creed game. How did it last this long?

Where do you see this? Last rumor posted specifically mentioned the modern day plot moving forward from AC3.

Who wants to bet that this will be the most pointless, cookie cutter, unfocused, assembly line like collectathon AC yet?

They specifically took an extra year to make real improvements to the game/series, and yet you think it'll still be the worst?

They're probably expecting an Assassin's Creed game to not be about pirates to begin with. I can't say that I agree, but it's not exactly a sentiment that's hard to understand.

Yeah. Personally IV was refreshing after the mess that was III, but I wouldn't want all games to be like that, and I love Naval combat. Having said that, the rote formula of the Ezio trilogy also got old fast.

Mifec

Where's Crossing Eden, have they posted yet?

Man I was fine with sailing in IV and it's deffo the last one I enjoyed most but I don't want full on naval combat anytime soon unless it is it's own game.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Nah.... the modern day stuff was a neat idea but badly executed in almost every single game except 2 and the very first AC. I would even argue that this is what kept the series going this strong up to AC3 as sales only dropped heavily after 3.

Really hope the improve the modern day story with this next entry. There is so much potential here.

Mifec

Hopefully no Arno, he's an incredibly bad character. Like whoever wrote him needs an award for being such a bad writer. Same for the whole plot of Unity.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Heard some rumor that the reveal will be 19th May, but can't find the source, is there any source ?

Don't think so. A couple of sites have cited the most recent 4chan thread, but it makes no mention of an unveiling date.

Where's Crossing Eden, have they posted yet?

He copped a ban early last month and it hasn't expired yet.

plushyp

Hopefully no Arno, he's an incredibly bad character. Like whoever wrote him needs an award for being such a bad writer. Same for the whole plot of Unity.
Yeah but I need to see Shay die a nice death for all the trouble he caused.

Where do you see this? Last rumor posted specifically mentioned the modern day plot moving forward from AC3.

They specifically took an extra year to make real improvements to the game/series, and yet you think it'll still be the worst?

yep. im expecting less narrative than ever before with a ton of repetitive missions that you just do because reasons

Inviusx

What do you think will be the big 3 marketing points that Ubisoft pushes this time?

*The biggest world they have ever created
*Town building similar to Fallout 4
*Revamped parkour system

Nah.... the modern day stuff was a neat idea but badly executed in almost every single game except 2 and the very first AC. I would even argue that this is what kept the series going this strong up to AC3 as sales only dropped heavily after 3.

Really hope the improve the modern day story with this next entry. There is so much potential here.

IV sold very well, only sightly less than III. The huge drop started with Rogue/Unity which combined sold less than IV.

Hystzen

Arno deserves another shot his story was well done and worked the whole Assassins and Templars are bad as each other well. He should got his game following the downfall and corruption of Napoleon due to apple with some egypt and battle waterloo.

Smoolio

I want the modern day stuff to be equal in scope as the past, it is the main thing that keeps me interested in the franchise.

ReMaKe

I'm glad they're bringing naval back! AC4 was the last "good" AC in my opinion.

Maybe it's time I dust off syndicate. This got me wanting to play some AC.

I skipped the last three entries and the idea that the protagonists are returning in some form doesn't entice me to try the new one since I'm now out of the loop.

Crafting sucks.

Who wants to bet that this will be the most pointless, cookie cutter, unfocused, assembly line like collectathon AC yet?

They purposely delayed it which was out of the norm for ubi and they've put out some pretty decent games recently. Willing to at least wait for impressions down the road before jumping to conclusions.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Personally, I would like it if they used the trips to the past as a tool rather than the main event. Given them both equal importance. Make it so that your character is seeking out an artifact or clue in modern place, take the trip back to the ancestor to play through to clue/item reveal, play modern sequence to obtain clue/item from past sequence reveal. Something like that.

Top Bottom