• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Anyone else know how well the game unlocks have been lately when buying a game from UK/EU from the US store? This *should* unlock here in the UK at 8am tomorrow (12am PST) but after the Mordor glitch I'm a bit concerned. I really don't want to have to redownload all 43GB again just to be able to play tomorrow.

So, anyone know if this glitch has occurred since Mordor??

majik13

So I just entered my pre order code from Amazon on the PSN store, but it only unlocked the Axe, not the DLC mission. Also that pre order code didnt work on the spin to win UPlay page(even though its advertised aggressively by Amazon), because Ubi expects a much longer and different pre order code. How is this stuff not worked out? I hate DLC! Amazon support wasnt much help and they said to contact Ubi about it, but now its too late I beleive for that bonus.

Anyone know how you are supposed to get the Chemical Revolution mission unlocked?

I have not played AC4, you think I can jump into this game and not be missing much with the story. I guess I would have to read up on the animus future stuff but i assume this story has little to do with the pirates.

I have not played AC4, you think I can jump into this game and not be missing much with the story. I guess I would have to read up on the animus future stuff but i assume this story has little to do with the pirates.
Stories aren't really connected anymore since they seem to be done with Desmond. Having watched the first 2-3 hours of the game, they don't mention anything from the previous games. Might be a good read to just read upon the previous games though so you get a feeling of the lore.

fernoca

So I just entered my pre order code from Amazon on the PSN store, but it only unlocked the Axe, not the DLC mission. Also that pre order code didnt work on the spin to win UPlay page(even though its advertised aggressively by Amazon), because Ubi expects a much longer and different pre order code. How is this stuff not worked out? I hate DLC! Amazon support wasnt much help and they said to contact Ubi about it, but now its too late I beleive for that bonus.

Anyone know how you are supposed to get the Chemical Revolution mission unlocked?
If it's a retail copy:
-Chemical Revolution is inside the game (bundled with digital copies too)
-Spin to Win codes were sent the day you preordered, so check emails from back then

DOWN

Banned
Contrast this mentality to that of the DA:I developers who have no qualms about showing off their masterpiece...which is why I'll be avoiding AC and buying DA:I day one
When is the DAI embargo? There's been tons of streams and footage of unity put out.

I think you'll be fine. Rogue is a direct followup to 4 though so If you plan on playing both someday I guess avoid spoilers. 4 is amazing.

majik13

If it's a retail copy:
-Chemical Revolution is inside the game (bundled with digital copies too)
-Spin to Win codes were sent the day you preordered, so check emails from back then

Ok, Amazon didn't explain that about Chemical Revolution, just said it was a pre order bonus on the prioduct page and I get them with my pre order code. But if its in the package thats not really a pre order bonus. Also Amazon only ever sent me a order confirmation email. Nothing else in my spam or anywhere from Ubi or Amazon

After about 5 hours, I asked Amazon support where my pre orde code was. They then replied the next day with a PSN code saying it would unlock the Axe and Mission. I then emailed back saying ok that code should work for PSN, but it doesnt match what Uplay wants for a code for the spin to win. They replied again saying, thats all the info they have and I would need to contact Ubi about that pre order code. Seems others have had this issue, as well as codes not being sent out after you order. Seems Amazon also may be changing policy about only sending pre order codes out when the game is ready to ship.

Jito

Banned
Does anyone know when it's available to stream on Twitch? I assume people have it already but Twitch is taking down early streams.

Edit: I'm an idiot, the game just isn't as popular as I thought it would be. Only 600 viewers!

Does anyone know when it's available to stream on Twitch? I assume people have it already but Twitch is taking down early streams.

Edit: I'm an idiot, the game just isn't as popular as I thought it would be. Only 600 viewers!

Yeah streams have been up all weekend.

DOWN

Banned
Watched a bit of the game on YouTube, and it doesn't seem like the absolute shitshow that some people have been claiming.

I would even hazard to stick my neck out and say the graphics are quite good.

[edit] Oh and it also has the seamless cutscene to gameplay transitions that I had read only exist in the technical masterpiece that is MGSV.
Paris looks amazing. I hope they never go smaller than this sprawling area and building scale.

DOWN

Banned
DA:I's review embargo is up tomorrow at 3am EST. I believe that reviews of DA:I are actually going to hit before reviews for Unity.
Yeah, that's cool. While I think many games have proven their release day embargoes weren't hiding some secret mess, I really look forward to reviews so I'm excited to get DAI info tomorrow.

I think you'll be fine. Rogue is a direct followup to 4 though so If you plan on playing both someday I guess avoid spoilers. 4 is amazing.

I have 4 I just didn't get around to it. Plus I have BB gamers club so I can get unity for $40, I hate playing a later game first but I kind of want to get in on unity while everyone is playing online.

Of course I will play 4 eventually.

Hyunkel6

I just got the game for PS4, and played the first 45 minutes. It's definitely more of the same, but with prettier graphics and art, especially the interiors.

Pop-ins are very noticeable, as are the framerate drops when you go from the inside of buildings to crowds outside. It sucks as they do take you out of the immersion.

I am not far enough to comment on the combat system, but from what I've played so far, the enemy AI is the same as in the other ACs. Wait+Parry+Counterattack = insta-win.

I realize this is a very early impression, but it was not a very good first impression. If only they could fix the pop-ins and the framerate.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well Paris sure is a lot more British than I expected, completely takes me out of the setting.

Is it possible to go French audio with English subtitles?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeh it probably is, I'm just not a fan of reading subtitles the whole game instead of paying attention to what's on screen.

So... you wanted them speaking English with goofy French accents?

I think there was a thread about this a long time ago. I'll never understand that desire, if so.

dex3108

Well this is disappointing. Companion app has upgrade option for 2,22$ and includes CooP Heatmaps, Database content, Assassins etc.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They managed it just fine in AC2?

Yeah, I'm of the mind that it was dumb as hell in AC2. I loved the games, but having them all speak like a bunch of Italian immigrants who are extraordinarily proficient in English in everything but accent only worked to take me out of the game. It makes zero sense for them to be speaking accented English while mixing in words from their native tongue. It would be downright racist if there were ill intent.

I guess Ubisoft finally realized that when the language in question was French.

Muffdraul

I just got the game for PS4, and played the first 45 minutes. It's definitely more of the same, but with prettier graphics and art, especially the interiors.

Pop-ins are very noticeable, as are the framerate drops when you go from the inside of buildings to crowds outside. It sucks as they do take you out of the immersion.

I am not far enough to comment on the combat system, but from what I've played so far, the enemy AI is the same as in the other ACs. Wait+Parry+Counterattack = insta-win.

I realize this is a very early impression, but it was not a very good first impression. If only they could fix the pop-ins and the framerate.

After what happened with AC3 and its Tyranny DLC, i.e. incredibly obvious bugs that they never bothered to patch, I have no faith in Ubi soft in this regard. I just have to hope that the game isn't so glitchy and bugged that it will really hinder my enjoyment in any significant way. AC3 was incredibly disappointing in this regard, but at least the bugs weren't apocalyptic game-stoppers. I re-played it recently for the first time since it came out, and I actually had a much better experience because I knew what to expect, the bugs were not an unwelcome surprise. The DLC on the other hand did have at least one nasty ass game breaking bug that forced you to uninstall and start over, and then pray it didn't happen again. The fact that Ubi basically just pretended those bugs didn't exist and never patched them is inexcusable. But I had no issues with AC4 or Watch Dogs as far as bugs and glitches, so I'm not going to assume the worst about Unity. I can live with pop in and frame drops to a certain extent. Tomorrow I'll find out for myself how "bad" it is. So far I'm not too concerned because I've been watching the same footage as everyone else and none of the flaws have been particularly distracting to me. On Friday it looked like co-op was a good way to break the game- not an issue for me as I won't ever be touching that mode.

Pavillion

20 minutes in and im really bothered. there's this huge rectangle on the screen that says " you've leveled up your intiate profile! press back to go to the website!" I press back it opens internet explorer I sign in and do the stuff. Go back to the game and its still there... wtf

ymgve

The companion app was visible in iTunes for a few minutes but I was not able to download it and it's gone now.

Sounds like they needed a bit more time to tune Unity, but didnt want to miss the lucrative holiday season. Ubisoft stock price dived when Watchdogs was delayed out of the year.

Yeah one of my disappointments watching videos is that it kinda just looks like prior games in terms of combat, which is very disappointing playing other games like shadow of modor.

woen

Is it possible to go French audio with English subtitles?

English audio with (or without) english subtitles is the way to go
at least as a French who hates French low-cost dubbing, when the performance was recorded in another language

Those concerned about combat difficulty, don't worry, enemies and locations are rated in difficulty and you can and will get your ass handed to you more so then in any other AC game imo.

Gaz_RB

Those concerned about combat difficulty, don't worry, enemies and locations are rated in difficulty and you can and will get your ass handed to you more so then in any other AC game imo.

Awesome news. AC's combat difficulty never really gave you an incentive to sneak around/crowd blend. Glad to hear it does now.

If anyone commented on this I might have missed it, but anyone have an idea how much progress needs to be made to unlock co-op play?

Corgi

Banned

what does that even mean? Do they have quicker sword attacks, or non parry able etc?

Top Bottom