• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

jesus, my gamestop just told me to show up 4 hours early as they are expecting hundreds of people. Why do companies feel the need to release all games during a span of two or three weeks in a year.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
English audio with (or without) english subtitles is the way to go
at least as a French who hates French low-cost dubbing, when the performance was recorded in another language

I don't understand very much French, so I doubt I'd be able to recognize poor voice acting.

I think having a bunch of British-sounding dudes would feel very out of place as the main cast of a game set in revolutionary France, though. I'm sure the voice acting is great, but I'd prefer it sound more appropriate to the setting.

jesus, my gamestop just told me to show up 4 hours early as they are expecting hundreds of people. Why do companies feel the need to release all games during a span of two or three weeks in a year.

Are you canceling and going somewhere else? That's insane.

I just called and my Best Buy canceled their midnight store opening.

This game looks great. I'm not sure what some people were hating on. Frame rate is a problem though. Still, I'm really enjoying it so far. Good protagonist.

Ubisoft set a new benchmark for Virtual Worlds with this game.

Just can't imagine how awesome the tools and level editor they use in house to generate the city environment. Would love to see and indepth feature of someone working with that.

Also i finally reached the point were my brain can't process all the visual information the game is throwing at me. For example, i know there are character clones but when looking at the crowds it is not obvious to me.

Compliments to the animation algorithm they are using, it's amazing how well it handles navigation through complex environments like Paris. By no means perfect, but when it works glitchless is beautiful. The animations for spear like weapons deserve compliments also.

Too bad they didn't release this some months later as it could use more polish.

what does that even mean? Do they have quicker sword attacks, or non parry able etc?

No auto counter. Attacks must be parried, enemies no longer seemingly wait to attack you, the harder they are the more they block, dodge, and even sometimes using flash bangs to blind you.

dex3108

Are you fucking serious.

Yeap

B2HSFJhIEAEa66x.jpg

murgo

Well this is disappointing. Companion app has upgrade option for 2,22$ and includes CooP Heatmaps, Database content, Assassins etc.

What the fuck? Seriously?

Edit: Seen the screen above. What the actual fucking fuck? Now that's the scummiest type of IAP I've ever seen.

Gaz_RB

Yeah tonight is going to be crazy at retail. Glad I'm going digital.

Red Comet

It's actually available to preload in the Uplay client itself if you bought it directly from Ubisoft, which is a nice feature to finally have. I'd be very surprised if a US VPN doesn't make it playable tomorrow for non-US people.

I bought it from Ubisoft, and I'm not getting a preload option. It's in my library on UPlay, but no preload option. I'm in the U.S. though, so it may be different in other parts of the world.

gossi

For anybody who doesn't know, review are embargoed until tomorrow after business hours UK time - the game goes on sale midnight tonight, so the reviews will be out almost a day after the game goes on sale.

dreamfall

No doubt!

I'm glad you're not getting this on PC like usual haha

My rig is showing it's age! I think I'll be waiting around for 980 >4GB VRAM before I really upgrade. But it's nice to know that even with the focus on some co-op objectives, the homies shall be there!~ I seriously thought about missing playing multiplayer Wanted from the previous AC games on console, so I bought ACIV on the cheap for PS4 just to pop into multiplayer every now and then.

But yes! And then GTA V? Whaaaaat. Things are looking good!

BraXzy

Damn I forgot this was coming out this week too. I've missed the past couple of Assassin's Creeds for one reason or another but I definitely want to dive into this one at some point.

The reveal made my jaw drop, has this had much of a downgrade since in terms of visuals? I've not really followed it too much. The lighting and IQ in the reveal was incredible imo.

Gaz_RB

My rig is showing it's age! I think I'll be waiting around for 980 >4GB VRAM before I really upgrade. But it's nice to know that even with the focus on some co-op objectives, the homies shall be there!~ I seriously thought about missing playing multiplayer Wanted from the previous AC games on console, so I bought ACIV on the cheap for PS4 just to pop into multiplayer every now and then.

But yes! And then GTA V? Whaaaaat. Things are looking good!

Yeah November is crazy...

I'm really hoping the coop missions in AC Unity are pretty challenging. That always extends coop games for me. I remember playing Rainbow Six Vegas terrorist hunt on the hardest difficulty for dozens of hours.

I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but when is this coming out. I thought it was on the 14th, Friday, but it seems lots of people are getting theirs tomorrow and saying the review embargo is tomorrow too. Im in the UK btw.

Zafir

I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but when is this coming out. I thought it was on the 14th, Friday, but it seems lots of people are getting theirs tomorrow and saying the review embargo is tomorrow too. Im in the UK btw.
Comes out tomorrow in the US that's why some people are getting it early.

I'm personally going to try and play it earlier using a VPN (Got the PC version pre-ordered digitally) because I can't be bothered waiting for the UK release.

Yibby

US 11, Germany (maybe other countries too) 13, UK 14.

Ah cool, I guess that gives me some time to read reviews and some impressions first. Not that it usually matters for AC games since I have enjoyed them all.

LtOrange

Really sucks they are pushing out such a buggy product. I purchased it on PSN, so I am getting it no matter what. Hopefully the co-op works, because that is what got me excited in the first place.

neilka

I bought it from Ubisoft, and I'm not getting a preload option. It's in my library on UPlay, but no preload option. I'm in the U.S. though, so it may be different in other parts of the world.

Weird, maybe as it releases in the US tomorrow they decided to only do the preload elsewhere? This is what my client looks like at the moment:

p79OrzD.png

dex3108

Weird, maybe as it releases in the US tomorrow they decided to only do the preload elsewhere? This is what my client looks like at the moment:

p79OrzD.png

For ACU preload is only available for EMEA countries. Far Cry 4 will be available worldwide for preload.

Catdaddy

1/2 Day work tomorrow so, be picking it up around 11, figure take me 2 hours to actually start the game. How I long for those days of pop the disk/cartridge in and start playing.

woen

I don't understand very much French, so I doubt I'd be able to recognize poor voice acting.

I think having a bunch of British-sounding dudes would feel very out of place as the main cast of a game set in revolutionary France, though. I'm sure the voice acting is great, but I'd prefer it sound more appropriate to the setting.

Yep.

And I agree, they should have use French as the original language (with great voice acting, no
fucking
Canadians, they can afford it), and also pay for good English dubbing. But Ubi marketing wouldn't agree I guess...

Top Bottom