• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
seems like impressions have been pretty positive so far. pretty hyped for tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. Looks like the "play now" feature was restricted to the prologue section.

Still impressed with the visuals. That face tech and the post processing they are using is impressive as hell. One part really reminded me of what we saw in that early Deep Down reveal.

Damn. Looks like the "play now" feature was restricted to the prologue section.

Still impressed with the visuals. That face tech and the post processing they are using is impressive as hell. One part really reminded me of what we saw in that early Deep Down reveal.

PC?

Not just because of that, but because of heavy (and simple) post processed AA. Which is a shame considering how good AA solution they had in AC4, which they almost for sure are not using here. 900p generally should not look this blurry. And yeah, framerate is not stable 30 on PS4, and even less so on XB1, it seems.

AA solution on PS4 AC4 was quite impressive, second only to Infamous, and maybe Ryse (if you like that cinema blurry but defined look). They used SMAA+temporal supersample in AC4. Here however, they seem to just be using FXAA dialed to 11 for maximum overblur :\
So disappointed when hearing this :( But I don't know why Ubisoft didn't use any AA solution as you said. Is it because the PS4 is incapable of allowing Ubisoft that such thing?

Tomorrow, 9:am PT, 12:pm Eastern.

Bleh, for whatever reason I thought reviews were out at midnight PST.

Starting to get a bit worried about the quality of this game if they're holding reviews until halfway through the day on release day. Guess it doesn't matter either way, Amazon's already shipped it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I wanted to play this at midnight. Stupid Uplay.

Uplay?

I bought it on GMG and downloaded from Uplay starting at around 7:50 p.m. Pacific.

I was able to play the game at around 8:30 p.m. or so.

ElyrionX

Can someone tell me why people are excited for this? I played AC1 to 3 and got tired of the formula. Isn't this more of the same?

kudoboi

oooh not sure if posted but looks like AC unity is up for pre load on steam

LDaEQIG.png

TheRed

Uplay?

I bought it on GMG and downloaded from Uplay starting at around 7:50 p.m. Pacific.

I was able to play the game at around 8:30 p.m. or so.

Well, I got code through Nvidia geforce deal and still don't have an option to even download.

Can someone tell me why people are excited for this? I played AC1 to 3 and got tired of the formula. Isn't this more of the same?

Comes into a thread about a game he doesn't care about to ask why the rest here care... Can't comprehend that people have different tastes.

Smdh

NYR

Do I have to finish Black Flag to understand this? I got this in the mail today but haven't played it yet, since I never finished Black Flag.

ZeroX03

Banned

• Not everyone played AC1 to 3 (especially since a lot us favor 4 the most!)
  • New characters, storyline & location.
  • Graphical & gameplay improvements.
  • Sometimes people like more of the same.
  • Change of platform.
  • Not everyone gets excited over the same thing or likes what you like.
  • Like a bunch of other reasons.

Yeah, it's most likely the same crap with fresh paint... Which is enough for many people. I am mostly buying the PC version for the graphics and got it super cheap. Otherwise I would have definitely waited.

Do I have to finish Black Flag to understand this? I got this in the mail today but haven't played it yet, since I never finished Black Flag.

Not at all, although Black Flag was great and definitely worth playing if you have the chance. I would do it before Unity simply because the movement upgrades seem to me like something that would make going back to older titles a bit difficult. Have yet to play so I could be totally wrong of course.

hydruxo

Nope. AC Rogue continues the story from AC3 & Black Flag. Unity starts a whole new story arc.

Though you should really finish Black Flag. The ending was awesome.

Top Bottom