• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

NYR

Not at all, although Black Flag was great and definitely worth playing if you have the chance. I would do it before Unity simply because the movement upgrades seem to me like something that would make going back to older titles a bit difficult. Have yet to play so I could be totally wrong of course.

Nope. AC Rogue continues the story from AC3 & Black Flag. Unity starts a whole new story arc.

Though you should really finish Black Flag. The ending was awesome.

Thanks, will do. BF was the first AC I didn't finish, I had a glut of games at launch for Ps4, never finished this or Killzone.

ElyrionX

Why do people like what I don't?!

Comes into a thread about a game he doesn't care about to ask why the rest here care... Can't comprehend that people have different tastes.

Smdh

Jesus christ, what the fuck with the presumptions and hostility.

Obviously the fact that I'm asking (and that I played 3 goddamn games in the series) shows that I am interested. I own both the PS4 and X1 and I'm thinking whether I should pick this up or not and i'm curious why people seem to be excited for this when based on my brief research, it looks to be more of the same.

Jesus christ, what the fuck with the presumptions and hostility.

Obviously the fact that I'm asking (and that I played 3 goddamn games in the series) shows that I am interested. I own both the PS4 and X1 and I'm thinking whether I should pick this up or not and i'm curious why people seem to be excited for this when based on my brief research, it looks to be more of the same.

Well, some people don't love every single AC game

I liked the earlier games in the series due to their focus on assassinations and spectacular city environments.

This was somewhat lost in recent titles...I wasn't a big fan of AC3 or BF.

This looks like AC2 but with a next-gen coat of paint and some improvements to the core mechanics, but at its core it still looks like an AC game.

ZeroX03

Banned
So is the Unity App actually worth downloading and/or paying for? I don't care about cost, just can't be bothered setting it up unless necessary.

There literally is only one thing wrong with this game, no ambient music. Other than that I've really been enjoying it so far.

Have some minor complaints as well but they are more nitpicky (descend animation looks weird at times, still don't like the floating in the air distance indicator, preferred it in the corner of the screen)

Corpekata

Banned
So is the Unity App actually worth downloading and/or paying for? I don't care about cost, just can't be bothered setting it up unless necessary.

It acts like a map for the game I think so if you're like me and constantly bringing the map up in games, it's a nice alternative.

Probably not worth paying for unless you like the "game" content of the app, which there's a lot you can try free to get an idea of.

I almost bought it digitally but figured i'd try and get a retail copy at gamestop at 9pm PT without a preorder. So far the game looks great. Enjoying it so far.

quesalupa

Eh, I'm playing around with it right now and it's kinda amusing. It's kinda like the meta games in Brotherhoid and Revelations with a side of filler puzzles.

SRTtoZ

I have yet to play ACIV should I run through that before tackling this?

I wouldn't recommend it. AC4 is a pretty cool game but not needed at all, if you run through it then there's a good chance you'll burn yourself out on the AC formula.

ZeroX03

Banned
It acts like a map for the game I think so if you're like me and constantly bringing the map up in games, it's a nice alternative.

Probably not worth paying for unless you like the "game" content of the app, which there's a lot you can try free to get an idea of.

Eh, I'm playing around with it right now and it's kinda amusing. It's kinda like the meta games in Brotherhoid and Revelations with a side of filler puzzles.

Might as well grab it then. Thank you.

I got the promo code with my graphics card and unlocked it on the Uplay site. Now I have to wait until Thursday for the product code, because that's when the game comes out here. It's a bit frustrating and not how digital distribution should work.

Dead

well not really...yet
Playing on PS4, game looks stunning. Played around a bit with my TVs settings to defeat the softness of the picture and make it a bit sharper. Looks amazing now.

Gibbo

Quite annoying why some games dont have the 'xx hours left till unlock' in Steam It just says 12 Nov on the Singapore /Asian store..

Jobbs

Banned
I'm coming at this as someone who has not a lot of AC experience -- but I noticed in videos that characters in this game weild various medieval weaponry, like maces and spears, as opposed to other games where it always seems to just be the same sword over and over.

do these weapons matter? is a mace substantively different from a sword? I'm curious if the combat system has improved or become more interesting.

Preloading on Steam now.

I was a undecided whether or not to pick it up on PC or PS4 initially (I have everything except Black Flag and Liberation on PC). It'll be the first one I actually play at release too.

SRTtoZ

I still don't understand the west coast bias. When a game releases in a certain timezone, release the fucking game!

Duxxy3

Can anyone with a PS4 tell me if the game is making your system run loud? Watching ava's stream on twitch and her PS4 was loud as hell when playing.

I'm coming at this as someone who has not a lot of AC experience -- but I noticed in videos that characters in this game weild various medieval weaponry, like maces and spears, as opposed to other games where it always seems to just be the same sword over and over.

do these weapons matter? is a mace substantively different from a sword? I'm curious if the combat system has improved or become more interesting.

Wondering the same thing. While stats were different on swords you could buy, it didn't feel all that different.

From videos, however, it seems the combat is much slower/tactical and you can't destroy an army of guys using riposte's and such.

VanWinkle

I still don't understand the west coast bias. When a game releases in a certain timezone, release the fucking game!

It's really stupid. I don't understand why they can't stagger the releases. We on east coast get it at 12 EST and west coast people get it three hours later at 12 PST. Apparently that makes too much sense.

SRTtoZ

It's really stupid. I don't understand why they can't stagger the releases. We on east coast get it at 12 EST and west coast people get it three hours later at 12 PST. Apparently that makes too much sense.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but its another reason why I stay away from digital. I can be home at 12:15pm (EST) with a copy of whatever game releases at midnight, and play for a few hours before bed. With a midnight PST release time, its not even worth bothering since I'd rather sleep and wake up early to pick up the game.

Game is definitely looking a little janky right now on the PS4 from the stream I'm watching. Hopefully the day one patch will fix the bugs and the framerate.

SRTtoZ

This is thread is kinda quiet for release day. I guess everyone is waiting for reviews on this
like myself :p

Same but not just reviews, I want to see some really good QUALITY captured PS4 footage. Oh also, Target B2G1 is pretty damn important right now. Bayonetta 2 + Mario Kart 8 + AC:U would be really sweet tomorrow.

fernoca

Back from work. Shower, food... little over an hour more to go. Game finished downloading (PS4) and installing the updates and preorder bonuses.

Downloaded the app, liked how it looked and the 3D map... paid the $2.40.

Playing Disney Infinity 2.0 while downloading Advanced Warfare in the meantime.

Top Bottom