• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces new Shin Megami Tensei for Switch (Unreal 4)

Another SMT on 3DS

oh man

RPaff5D.png

marmoka

Banned

3DS Project sounds like a SMT I & II remake, or remasterization.

HD Project sounds like SMT V, but not Switch exclusive.

Whatever it is, I'm very happy. Forget the Switch year, this is the SMT year, if they both arrive to the west this year of course.

Opa-Pa

Whatever it is, I'm very happy. Forget the Switch year, this is the SMT year, if they both arrive to the west this year of course.

Coming Winter 2014.

I do love how tokusatsu-esque Odin's redesign from IV is.

Edit: Also, if P5 couldn't hit the 20th anniversary year outside of Japan, SMT's not doing it either for its 25th. It's nice to dream, though.

Semajer

I'd be perfectly happy with SMT 1, 2, and if... PS1 ports with added 3D and QOL updates. The mobile port of 1 hasn't been able to keep my attention in part because of how uncomfortable it is to use my phone with earphones plugged in.

raven777

hahaha

Fbh

System seller for me. Will buy almost any system with an HD, high budget SMT.

Sadly, this seems to be really early in development. That means it's going to be at least 2 years until it's out, probably 3 until it gets to the west.

Nachos

Super hero Odin's fine and all, but are they ever going to bring back his Soul Hackers design?

what if it's rerevealed in three years as conception 3 though
Yeah, I don't think I'll ever be ready to have a baby with Jack Frost.

So can we say SMT is still a Nintendo exclusive now?
It never was – just as Persona has never been a Persona exclusive. Those platforms just happened to make sense for the games as they were coming out, but that always could've changed for the next entry in each.

Those petals indicate that Kaneko left the flower fields.
BELIEVE

Odin enters the flower field in search of wisdom.

Odin meets Kaneko and both of them wander off into the unknown together.

Both return with new wisdom. Odin with the runes, and Kaneko with the dang Soul Hackers Odin design floating right next to him.

NeonZ

That Odin design is specific to SMTIV as I recall. The other ones and even Persona, use a different design.

It's a new design introduced by Apocalypse. Even in IV he didn't look like that. Still, unlike IV's new designs, it's way too early to say that Apocalypse's designs are IVA exclusive and will never be seen outside of it and direct sequels. It could be intended to be a permanent replacement for the old Kaneko design. Persona 5 likely was in development before IVA, so the new demons not appearing there doesn't mean anything.

I can't wait for when this gets re-revealed in three years as an idol simulator and a bunch of posters tell me I'm crazy for thinking this trailer would set the tone for the actual game.
Hey, last idol simulator was a dope ass game. I won't even give a fuck. But considering the last two SMT main games were 3DS it could go any way.

Top Bottom