• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces new Shin Megami Tensei for Switch (Unreal 4)

Yo93

They want to know who or what your source is and to prove it.

I want to do it but posting directly about him would compromise him.
Is there any procedure to post leaks here? talking with a mod or something...
Its a delicate situation

spiritfox

I want to do it but posting directly about him would compromise him.
Is there any procedure to post leaks here? talking with a mod or something...
Its a delicate situation

I think you can talk to a mod and they'll do their verification.

DJChuy

The wait for this is going to suck balls.

Hopefully it comes out to the PS4 as well because all 4 HDMI ports on my TV are occupied, and I ran out of space anyways. If not, oh well. I'll move my PS3 to the living room.

Definitely got Nocturne vibes from that little teaser.

SMTIV to me was fantastic and all but it's really nice to see a potential HD SMT with the 3D demons and bigger budget like Nocturne. The franchise deserves it. Unreal engine 4 suggests multiplatform development which is great news as well. Can't wait.

Curious about the 3DS project too. Hopefully not some port compilation. SMT I, II and if remakes would be amazing. I hope we can also get Nocturne remastered.

Welp, I have been told things from a source and he is usually right.
Take with a grain of salt:
-This proyect started as a PS4 game some years ago.
-Now is PS4/Switch.
-Nintendo and Atlus have been in talks of a timed exclusivity deal.
I really trust this guy so thats why I post this.
I'm confused.

Hasn't SMT typically been with Nintendo? Why would it start as a PS4 game with Nintendo trying to get timed exclusivity?

Bish is gone though so who is in charge of that now?
Wait, what?

I'm confused.

Hasn't SMT typically been with Nintendo? Why would it start as a PS4 game with Nintendo trying to get timed exclusivity?

Wait, what?

No, it's traditionally been Playstation. Overwhelmingly so. Nintendo has only had SMT4 and 4A and some handheld spinoff titles

Edit: Brain fart. For some reason I confused the early SMT games with Persona

No, it's traditionally been Playstation. Overwhelmingly so. Nintendo has only had SMT4 and 4A and some handheld spinoff titles

Every Shin Megami Tensei game has been on a Nintendo system aside from III. Nocturne is literally the only SMT game ever developed for Playstation (although some of the earlier ones had ports).

gngf123

So there really is no confirmation that this game is coming to Switch or that it's Switch exclusive?

It being shown at the Switch event is basically a confirmation of it coming to the switch.

Absolutely nothing so far suggests that it is exclusive, beyond Atlus' history of making exclusives.

Dekuboy

Neo Member
Is it confirmed that the 3ds and Switch are entirely new games?

Maybe 3ds gets mainline game and Switch some Spin off?

Definitely got Nocturne vibes from that little teaser.

SMTIV to me was fantastic and all but it's really nice to see a potential HD SMT with the 3D demons and bigger budget like Nocturne. The franchise deserves it. Unreal engine 4 suggests multiplatform development which is great news as well. Can't wait.

Curious about the 3DS project too. Hopefully not some port compilation. SMT I, II and if remakes would be amazing. I hope we can also get Nocturne remastered.

If we get SMT I and II as remakes, I will go crazy. And just the thought of a remastered Nocturne..hnnnggg. Still, we possibly won't know for quite some time.

So uh, not that I'm doubting this'll come over anyway but NoE just uploaded the trailer to their channel. PEGI rating and everything, and English captions at the end. Bit weird after that Atlus US comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIIu_kcWXpA

Tbh there's always the chance that localization won't have started yet. And that they're waiting for Atlus Japan to actually start the process, or announce release dates, before confirming it. Aaaand I guess there's a chance that it will be Deep Silver published in EU and Atlus USA in US like SMTIV Apocalypse was.

Opa-Pa

Atlus USA seem to have a weird relationship with Atlus where they only get help when Atlus feel like it. They probably don't know which other games might come out along with HD SMT and they don't have enough man power to localize many at the time (Etrian Odyssey V is still unconfirmed) so it's obviously safer for them to not promise anything.

I'm 100% sure it's coming, but it's in their best interest to not set many expectations, I mean, look at P5's localization lol.

Joqu

Tbh there's always the chance that localization won't have started yet. And that they're waiting for Atlus Japan to actually start the process, or announce release dates, before confirming it. Aaaand I guess there's a chance that it will be Deep Silver published in EU and Atlus USA in US like SMTIV Apocalypse was.

Yeah, they won't have started localization yet. They've barely started development. Doesn't mean you can't confirm it though, and an upload like that feels like confirmation to me.

But yeah, this basically doesn't matter much right now. I just thought it'd be worth noting.

The only ones explicitly stated as being Japan specific at the Switch presentation were Dragon Quest 10 and 11 anyway ;_;

Joqu

Would 1 + 2 + If... be too much to ask for? If remakes happen I don't want to miss out on If... :(

Also, fuck that title. If... is so awkward to type

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm confused.

Wait, what?

SMT was with Sony in the 6th gen though, and since they have put their previous 2 HD games on PS platforms, going Switch exclusive for this one while using middleware seems strange.

I actually think after P5 Atlus may be trying to go multiplatform with their bigger projects again(like Catherine), since their new studio was founded based on the game supposedly being able to run on several different types of devices

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Welp, I have been told things from a source and he is usually right.
Take with a grain of salt:
-This proyect started as a PS4 game some years ago.
-Now is PS4/Switch.
-Nintendo and Atlus have been in talks of a timed exclusivity deal.
I really trust this guy so thats why I post this.

I am happy to take a PM about this.

As an Atlus newcomer, the only game I played from that company is Persona 4 for the PS2. Can you come into any SMT game without having to know the plot of the previous games?

Top Bottom