• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces new Shin Megami Tensei for Switch (Unreal 4)

jonjonaug

I'm excited for more Megaten (really, really excited), but this is still just a concept trailer. Hopefully it won't resurface in two years as an idol game.

FDBK

Hmm, it does give the impression of a fighting game.

It may be Nintendo's answer to Persona 4 Arena:

Shin Megami Tensei IV Arena

With Odin as the P1GrandPrixTeddie-equivalent.

Debirudog

Don't make this another theory like the 3D Mario game was a runner lol.

TP

What

It's a throwback to SMT III's title screen

xzheIgX.png

Illucio

Banned
Really looking forward to this.

I'm hoping this brings back the series to the fore front and is good enough to put Persona in it's shadow.

(Granted topping Persona is a difficult task on it's own.)

The main question for me is if I want to get an American Switch in or buy an Australian one. The systems may be region free but the DLC won't be and I doubt the curse of Atlus is going anywhere. Curse this game.

sense

Unless this and that square enix game is exclusive to switch, I do not see myself picking up a switch for the foreseeable future. Fire emblem, not the musou, is the only other game that I am interested in and that is probably not till 2018 most likely so I am clear for now. What a bummer.

Really looking forward to this.

I'm hoping this brings back the series to the fore front and is good enough to put Persona in it's shadow.

(Granted topping Persona is a difficult task on it's own.)

I think you need to accept that for the moment, Persona is the more commercially successful franchise. :p

SO EXCITED
I still need to beat Apocalypse, I'm stuck on
YHVH
so I'm at the very end, and I have to beat it before V!! CAN'T WAIT

The fact they're using UE4 makes me heavily lean toward the thought that this won't just be on the Switch, but will be on the PS4 as well.

ue4

maybe atlus will have sensibility by whenever this comes out and it comes to pc o=

I doubt it. Atlus is relatively small and probably can't do Console and PC launch simultaneously (unless Sega decides to be much more hands on than they have been so far). I wouldn't be surprised if Atlus USA is seriously considering doing PC ports considering that it seems to have worked out okay for XSEED / NISA / Ghostlight.

Oregano

The fact they're using UE4 makes me heavily lean toward the thought that this won't just be on the Switch, but will be on the PS4 as well.

Possibly but everyone expected it to be PS4 primarily because it would use P5 trailer.

It could be Switch exclusive.

EDIT: HD Project means multiplatform then(haha)!

Top Bottom