• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight On PC Is Not Very Good [UP: WB suspends future sales until fix]

Who is responsible for this mess of a port?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
This is atrocious. I'm not a PC gamer, but I can feel your pain. What the hell were they thinking? Ugh.

Akronis

Is there any chance of this being fixed at all? From the looks of it it sounds like a hopeless case. I wanted to buy it but it looks like a giant fucking mess.

Usually patches can't fix this terrible level of performance. The lack of AO is probably a bug as well as some of the other missing features, texture streaming will probably improve, fixing most texture issues.

Performance will probably remain shit unless there is one stupid thing causing the performance issues, but that's typically not how it is.

diamount

Banned
There is a reason this game was in Nvidia giveaways and 40%+ off at GMG. They all knew it would be a shit cash-in and they sold it anyway.

Using your logic then the Witcher 3 was a shit-cash-in right? Anyway, obviously WB went to a bargain basement dev to get this port done and they were given a short amount of time so lets not lay the blame on Iron Galaxy's feet. The blame should solely be on WB and WB alone.

Akronis

This is atrocious. I'm not a PC gamer, but I can feel your pain. What the hell were they thinking? Ugh.

money43.jpg

ghst

thanks for the laugh
it's been coming a while, ever since cerny dropped the mic and unloaded 8GBs of GDDR5 on the gaming universe, it was only a matter of time before devs really got to grips with HUMA and the PS4 would begin to blaze a trail that even the highest end PC would struggle to match.

don't blame the guys at iron galaxy for attempting to accomplish an impossible task. like carmack said, coding to the metal will always yield atleast 2x the performance, and i don't see many graphics cards with 16GB of RAM out there.

Playing on PC knowing other platforms have a better experience. So that's what that feels like.
Ugh.
I really hate to look like the AK defender on GAF, but I think some of you need to sit down and think things through before getting dramatic and making silly statements like this.
How the FUCK does two graphical effects equate a "better experience"? PC has four additional effects that consoles will never have. It CAN run at 60fps. It can run at resolutions higher than 900/1080. Etc

It's a disappointing port for sure, but come the fuck on.
It will be fixed. It has to, considering their DLC plans.

Akronis

The game won't ever be fixed either will it?

If their patching habits follow Origins, then no, it won't.

Ugh.
I really hate to look like the AK defender on GAF, but I think some of you need to sit down and think things through before getting dramatic and making silly statements like this.
How the FUCK does two graphical effects equate a "better experience"? PC has four additional effects that consoles will never have. It CAN run at 60fps. It can run at resolutions higher than 900/1080. Etc

Frame rate average at 60 doesn't equate to a smooth experience. Hitching and microstutter make 60 frames look worse than 30 frames.

alife

Capitalizing Every Word Of A Thread Title Is Also Not Very Good. It Is Not Grammatically Correct And It Hurts People's Eyes.

This post contributes nothing to the topic of discussion and not even correct. Did you even go to school?

On-topic:
Never even heard of Iron Galaxy.

ref

it's been coming a while, ever since cerny dropped the mic and unloaded 8GBs of GDDR5 on the gaming universe, it was only a matter of time before devs really got to grips with HUMA and the PS4 would begin to blaze a trail that even the highest end PC would struggle to match.

don't blame the guys at iron galaxy for attempting to accomplish an impossible task. like carmack said, coding to the metal will always yield atleast 2x the performance, and i don't see many graphics cards with 16GB of RAM out there.

This!

I'm sure this will be fixed in good time... good sweet time.

NIN90

LOL no way would the vast majority of players ever notice that if it wasn't pointed out to them.

The game just feels off without AO. Ambient Occlusion is not an effect that is very noticeable by itself but it adds a lot to the scene at a subconscious level.

Permanently A

Ugh.

I don't think he was talking about better graphics. He specifically said "experience" and he's right. I'd take solid 30 fps with no drops (which is apparently what the PS4 has) over 60 fps with microstutter. Who cares if PC has smoke effects and shit? I'd trade all the PC exclusive graphics bonuses to get rid of the stutter.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Hopefully people are making use of the Steam refund system. Maybe they'll get the message. Especially after WB pulled this crap with MKX.

joeyjoejoe

Neo Member

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

CLEEK

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd here come the excuses for WB / Rocksteady / Iron Galaxy

That's quite the leap of logic.

I had to scan the image of the three version hard to pick out any difference. Didn't even notice that the PC image was missing AO until it was mentioned here.

Saying that in no way validate this bad port.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Someone needs to explain to me what happened with Dave Lang's phone.

He got really drunk at E3 and was making really insipidily stupid jokes on a podcast, and this weird guy who was also on the podcast was super insecure and thought he was being bullied so he decided to passive-aggressively tweet Dave Lang's phone number in revenge.

The whole thing was like watching drunken 9th graders get in a fight on D&D night.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have a high end PC but I'm going to grab it on PS4 when the GOTY edition hits.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Seems that unless a developer is willing and capable of porting the game to PC themselves like Monolith did with Mordor, WB will always outsource the port to some cheap studio that can't get the job done right despite all of their games being extremely well selling. That's plain disrespectful to their customers

When did WB become so shitty? First the obnoxious DLC and now this. Hope that they won't repeat the same stuff with Mad Max because I'm really looking forward to that game

jerry1594

This post contributes nothing to the topic of discussion and not even correct. Did you even go to school?

On-topic:
Never even heard of Iron Galaxy.

They Ported SF3/Darkstalkers/D&D arcade for Capcom on PS360/WiiU/PC and are doing Killer Instinct right now.

gdt

There is a reason this game was in Nvidia giveaways and 40%+ off at GMG. They all knew it would be a shit cash-in and they sold it anyway.

This is just silly. GMG does those deep discounts for every big steam works game. Did it for the last two Batman games as well. I can't count how many AAA PC games I got at $36 from GMG.

Ugh.

It will be fixed. It has to, considering their DLC plans.

That's not how it works..........

The game is a WRECK at 60fps even with a 980ti with frame drops and hitching everywhere. Its a worse experience than the 30fps on a PS4

It really sucks for everyone who got this on PC, but really folks this is why you shouldn't ever pre-order.

No risk if you buy through steam. Just us guys who bought cheap keys through gman and others are screwed. But really we paid winter sale price for it so maybe it will be fixed by then.

MattyG

Banned

During the E3 Giant Bomb coverage, this happened.

He got really drunk at E3 and was making really insipidily stupid jokes on a podcast, and this weird guy who was also on the podcast was super insecure and thought he was being bullied so he decided to passive-aggressively tweet Dave Lang's phone number in revenge.

The whole thing was like watching drunken 9th graders get in a fight on D&D night.
Holy shit. This is amazing.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This is just silly. GMG does those deep discounts for every big steam works game. Did it for the last two Batman games as well. I can't count how many AAA PC games I got at $36 from GMG.

They dont actually. Been buying from them for a long time now and 40+% off is the highest a new AAA game has been reduced. Before that around 43$ was the cheapo rate in the VIP section.

Gr8one

Fuck WB. They have taken the crown from EA for worst publisher. With their bullshit pre-order DLC practices, using a scrub studio like Iron Galaxy to port their premiere franchise, adding additional shit drm. They just shit over PC gamers. Iron Galaxy should be stick to making cow clickers, fuck those guys. What a disappointment. I shouldn't have bitten on the GMG sale last month. Wish I could get a refund, guess i'm stuck waiting for patches and praying to lord gaben to fix this mess.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Denuvo DRM used as well? That means an automatic performance drop just because they don't fucking trust us lot.

So, that means the eventual crack will make the game run faster?

Lol, fucking DRM. Well, there is nothing to be done about it. they've decided the extra copies sold thanks to delaying the crack are worth the negative impact on their honest customers.

I wonder how much extra money that is. I wonder how much money it is, divided by the number of legitimate buyers!

an extra...500K copies? $30M, so that's around $5 per customer if the game sells 6M copies. $3 if it sells 10M. If we'd all pay $3 or $5 extra, we could sponsor all the pirates and play games DRM-free.

I'd do it ;)

kanuuna

Not biting on that Nuuvem deal was a good choice in retrospect.
Unless they massively improve things along the way, I'm inclined to pick up the game up when it's complete with DLC and all that in 2016. And even then probably on PS4.

SlickVic

It's a bad situation all around, but I kind of hope this game becomes the poster child for the Steam Refund process. If you as a Publisher can't manage your product to put out a competent PC port at time of release, then be prepared to lose a large chunk of your Steam preorders on top of deterring post-release sales. The clock is ticking, and as time passes without a fix expect more people to request a refund. There is hopefully some direct accountability now for these bad PC ports, something Ubisoft and many big publishers of the past were able to dance around and hope people would simply forget or move on as time went on. Now refunds on Steam or as simple as clicking a few buttons and submitting a ticket.

Top Bottom