• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Origins - New Screenshots - Confirms Batcave

because he's a comic book character

Mostly this, but he's also wearing actual armour this time, not just skintight spandex as usual. I'm surprised so many people have problems with Rocksteady's character design, because it's practically tasteful and understated by comic standards. Catwoman looks like an actual human, rather than a life-support system for a chest, and Batman looks more like a Crossfit athlete than Ronnie Coleman. It's a little silly that every random thug has a set of obliques you could set your watch by, but I don't mind a bit of silliness with my Batman.

I'm so excited to see how this game's bossfights turn out. The nine assassins setup is perfect for a bunch of excellent bossfights, and WB Montreal have been saying all the right things about using the Freeze fight as a standard of quality. The Copperhead trailer hints at some Scarecrow-ish hallucinations from her poison, and the Deathstroke fight should be an epic brawl. I'm also hoping for a better fight with Deadshot this time around. Something like MGS3's fight with The End, only spread out over the whole city and you don't get to snipe back. You'd have to use your forensics to track his bullet trajectories, stay out of sight and hunt him down, and he could leave booby traps and all sorts of neat stuff.

Top Bottom