• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odrion

Banned
cg8OcgC.png
It's pretty good!

Man, they are doing this right, in my eyes. Looking forward to the actual reveal. WWI was a wild, bloody war that lots of people seem to forget actually happened when talking about wars. There's plenty of crazy set pieces for them to draw from.

If true, I wonder why they're so intent on sticking with that terrible "orange sparks/blue mist" art style? To me it just looks tacky and out of place, especially for a WW1 setting. I honestly haven't liked that style since it made its debut back in BF3.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
But WW1 was just trench warfare, gas attacks, and bolt action rifles with no attachments and airplanes were only used for scouting!

/s
That's a gross exaggeration of what little moments of engagement there actually were in this massive global war! Most of the time soldiers were just sitting in their trench being rained on.

Sometimes there was an artillery shell.

Hell yeah WW1 I knew it LET'S GO BABY!

y4gtdjxvyd9imwrlopfc.gif

f54b8l1v1e8xou2carzp.gif

I'm also very excited to see how the game will perform on a current gen only development, Battlefield 4 suffered due to the 360 and PS3 versions

bones123

Its a perfect name. Its set in world war 1 and there never was a first battlefield, just 2, 3, and 4. I dont understand how people dont get this.

Making a numbered sequel to a series that contains "Battlefield 2", "Battlefield 3" and "Battlefield 4" and calling it "Battlefield 1" is ridiculous.

This doesn't confirm any lead platform. It's just a marketing deal, and probably early DLC (which everyone hates, but we know that is what is going to happen)

Battlefield = Xbox deal, since BF4 anyway.

Battlefront is not Battlefield.
Hardline had a PS4 marketing deal, didn't it?

Whompa02

the...Harlem...Hell...fighter?

The costuming is like a bad overly designed JRPG character.

For all the smack talk some of them were doing on twitter, that looks kinda terrible.

Sober

That's a gross exaggeration of what little moments of engagement there actually were in this massive global war! Most of the time soldiers were just sitting in their trench being rained on.

Sometimes there was an artillery shell.
I feel like everyone in this thread needs to listen to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History series Blueprint for Armageddon.

The gas mask excites me. I hope it's something we all have, and have to equip during gas raids or something of the sort (maybe levolution?).

That would be awesome. Imagine smoke suddenly filling the battlefield obscuring everyone's vision, and while masks would be needed to breathe it would further limit your fov. Squad tactics are disrupted and send all into disarray, so what a moment ago was a joint effort becomes a free-for-all of close encounters with bayonets :O

nOoblet16

If it really is called Battlefield 1 it's probably going to be one of the most insane naming ever...this one is even worse than Xbox One because it has a number and the series has previously used number 2, 3 and 4.

Imagine someone who doesn't know about games wants to buy a game for someone as a gift. Thinks of getting a game BF4 or BF1? Well I'll take BF4 since that's probably newer. :p

Hell yeah WW1 I knew it LET'S GO BABY!

y4gtdjxvyd9imwrlopfc.gif

f54b8l1v1e8xou2carzp.gif

I'm also very excited to see how the game will perform on a current gen only development, Battlefield 4 suffered due to the 360 and PS3 versions

Also how may hours are left for the reveal?

Disxo

If it really is called Battlefield 1 it's probably going to be one of the most insane naming ever...this one is even worse than Xbox One because it has a number and the series has previously used number 2, 3 and 4.

Imagine someone who doesn't know about games wants to buy a game for someone as a gift. Thinks of getting a game BF4 or BF1? Well I'll take BF4 since that's probably newer. :p

Add a: From the makers of battlefield 4, maybe?

Lol, it will be worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom