• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol wut? Yes it did.

It had mostly generic tunes that played. There was nothing iconic, and you couldn't even choose which song was playing. It was lame as shit.

The original BF Vietnam, on the other hand, included such songs as:

- Fortunate Son
- Hush
- I Fought the Law
- Nowhere to Run
- Surfin' Bird
- Wild Thing
- White Rabbit

And last, but not least, Ride of the Valkyries.

EDIT: I just did a quick search and it appears BC2 Nam did, in fact, have Fortunate Son and Ride of the Valkyries. I stand corrected on those. The rest of the songs were garbage, though, and you still couldn't choose which song was playing. So yeah, its implementation of radio/music still sucked ass compared to the original game.

While im excited we are going back, something needs to be different. There were no choppers in WWI. Choppers are a big part of Battlefield.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
*trailer opens with WWI footage*
Just then, a portal opens up on the battlefield.
"Commander Rodgers, we need your help in 2241! Get your best men and suit on up!"
Exosuits walk out of the portal as Rodgers is sucked in the middle of an all out spacewar.
*Battlefield 1 logo*

I swear, if they show some footage and it ends up being WWI BUT WITH EXO-SUITS it will absolutely make my day.
I will be done with gaming if this happens.
*trailer opens with WWI footage*
Just then, a portal opens up on the battlefield.
"Commander Rodgers, we need your help in 2241! Get your best men and suit on up!"
Exosuits walk out of the portal as Rodgers is sucked in the middle of an all out spacewar.
*Battlefield 1 logo*
I will torch my Xbox if this happens in addition to previous said statement.

jaaz

Well...time to prepare for the premier :)

img-products-multi-classic-pepperoni.jpg

Snoopy-and-the-Red-baron.jpg

It had generic tunes that played. There was nothing iconic, and you couldn't even choose which song was playing. It was lame as shit.

Whereas the original BF Vietnam's included such songs as:

- Fortunate Son
- Hush
- I Fought the Law
- Nowhere to Run
- Surfin' Bird
- Wild Thing
- White Rabbit

It was so bad ass to fill a huey with people and blast Ride of the Valkyries while flying across the map. Loved that game.

It had generic tunes that played. There was nothing iconic, and you couldn't even choose which song was playing. It was lame as shit.

- Fortunate Son
- Hush
- I Fought the Law
- Nowhere to Run
- Surfin' Bird
- Wild Thing
- White Rabbit

BFBC2 Vietnam has Fortunate Son and Ride of the Valkyries atleast

rSpooky

It had mostly generic tunes that played. There was nothing iconic, and you couldn't even choose which song was playing. It was lame as shit.

- Fortunate Son
- Hush
- I Fought the Law
- Nowhere to Run
- Surfin' Bird
- Wild Thing
- White Rabbit

EDIT: I just did a quick search and it appears BC2 Nam did, in fact, have Fortunate Son and Ride of the Valkyries. I stand corrected on those. The rest of the songs were garbage, though, and you still couldn't choose which song was playing. So yeah, its implementation of radio/music still sucked ass compared to the original game.

uuuhm.. this it he song list BC2 vietnam had. it includes Fortunate son and Valkyries.
Licensing it not always easy to get ... Vietnam was great DLC for a great price.

Track Title Artist
Fortunate Son Creedence Clearwater Revival
Ride Of The Valkyries Richard Wagner
Village Strollin Wolf People
Picture Of Spring (remixed version) Jack Arel
Strange Galaxy Jack Arel
L'Amour Et L'Enfer Jack Arel
Freak Out John O'Brien-Docker
Sock It To Me Baby John O'Brien-Docker
Samantha John O'Brien-Docker
Susie John O'Brien-Docker
Bewilderment Pierre Dutour & Jack Arel
Muscle Soul Anders Lewen
Memphis Guitar Soul Anders Lewen
Rhythm Under The Skin Jean-Claude Petit

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield:_Bad_Company_2:_Vietnam_Radio_Soundtrack

DOWN

Banned
Y'all should be through the ceiling excited to finally see what the Frostbite studio's own flagship series will finally look like when current gen only.

BFBC2 Vietnam has Fortunate Son and Ride of the Valkyries atleast

You're right, I goofed on those. I just now remembered Fortunate Son on the main menu. I edited my post above. You still couldn't choose which song was playing, though, which was incredibly lame. If one of the many generic songs was playing instead of something as awesome as Fortunate Son or Ride of the Valkyries, guess what? Tough luck! IIRC, the radio's volume was way too low as well. In the original BF Vietnam, songs blared out of vehicles to the point of enemies being able to hear them approaching. It was so, so much more epic than BC2 Vietnam.

Boss Mog

Honestly unless there's a big twist with some kind of futuristic tech (for that era) I doubt I'll get this and I'm a big BF fan. A BF game with no helicopters or even a fully automatic rifle, it's gonna be really tough to get me hyped for such a game.

rSpooky

Boss★Moogle;202810333 said:
Honestly unless there's a big twist with some kind of futuristic tech (for that era) I doubt I'll get this and I'm a big BF fan. A BF game with no helicopters or even a fully automatic rifle, it's gonna be really tough to get me hyped for such a game.

I'd say lets wait until the full reveal. even if not having a big twist it might be amazing . ( though maybe it has time portals through which modern tech invades wwI ;)

Nah seriously lets wait and see.

Scotia

Banned
I'm fine with the game being alternate history, but I'd lose my shit if it was pure WW1. I've been wanting a WW1 FPS since World at War.

Oh god, I can just imagine my accuracy percentage lol. I'm going to get destroyed and I'm going to love every minute of it hah.

I believe the BAR came out toward the end of WW1, as was posted earlier. They do have some options.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I should have shortened the quote (I have done now) I was indicating that they are the "Harlem Hellfighters" that he was indicating was a silly made up name by Dice.
Ah, okay. I knew about the Harlem Hellfighters beforehand so the liberties they took in their promo art is what stood out to me most, not the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom