• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda registers Fallout 4 trademark

We've had great FP RPGs for years and years before FO 3 came out

P.S: FO 3 an "old school RPG"

Yes but FO 3 came right smack dab in the middle of Halo/Gears/COD style games saturating the industry.
Every other game was a variation of the previous. Oblivion was pretty early still.

Also, laugh all you want but it was one of the few "smart" games out there. I didn't say it was old school, I meant it TRIED to emulate the style
Whether it succeeded it up to the players.
But you just sit there and post gifs of people laughing

FACE

Banned
I said great, why are you bringing up Oblivion? :p

Edit: Just saw your comment at the top of the page and guess what? I backed WL2 on the first day of the KS campaign.

Let's imagine terrible features to reduce our hype:

1. QTE Finishing Moves
2. Real Money Shops where you can pay $10 for a Gauss Rifle
3. Voiced PC that sounds like generic tough guy

spirity

Let's imagine terrible features to reduce our hype:

1. QTE Finishing Moves
2. Real Money Shops where you can pay $10 for a Gauss Rifle
3. Voiced PC that sounds like generic tough guy

4) Square Enix develops. You play as Vanille Duh'Oerban, and happy-go-lucky fuck head that laughs at everything and runs like a child pretending to be an airplane. You have to 24 hours to save the Capitol Wasteland, which is actually a city that sits on a huge Mech's knee. VATS has been replaced by a dress sphere, and you power up your attacks by changing your hat. Its no longer in first person, instead you see the action from your companions eyes, a 2ft blob of water with a shoe on its head, and you control both Vanille and Shoe-head alternatively. You never see through the eyes of the person you're controlling, so don't run out of shot, haha!

There's a bit of climbing and some crap about a hen that lives in an afro.

Atruvius

I haven't seen any reason to believe this.

Attributes were removed from Skyrim because TES's leveling system has been horribly broken for years and they opted for a scorched Earth policy. They could have put something in its place, and I hope they do someday, but removing stats entirely is better than the shitty "specialize in skills you hate and never, ever use your favorites until you want to level up" system present in Morrowind and Oblivion.

I liked the system and I didn't try to cheat the system by specializing skills I don't use. Only picked skills that my character would use the most. And I liked those little messages you get when leveling up, which were sadly missing from Skyrim.

And Bethesda is always taking out skills in their sequels. Morrowind -> Oblivion lost many combat skills like short swords, armor skills like medium armor and no armor. Oblivion -> Skyrim lost more combat skills like blunt weapons and unarmed, athletcis and acrobatics + most of attributes. Fallout 3 also has 5 skills less than Fallout 2. I see a pretty clear pattern here.

Drazgul

And Bethesda is always taking out skills in their sequels. Morrowind -> Oblivion lost many combat skills like short swords, armor skills like medium armor and no armor. Oblivion -> Skyrim lost more combat skills like blunt weapons and unarmed, athletcis and acrobatics + most of attributes. Fallout 3 also has 5 skills less than Fallout 2. I see a pretty clear pattern here.

For TES it even goes further than that; Daggerfall had more skills than MW, and fans lamented the loss back then. Little did they know at the time what dark future lay ahead.

Fallout 3's skill removals made more sense; first aid/doctor was kinda redundant, and outdoorsman and gambling were almost completely useless in the originals too. I'd rather they had kept the weapon skills maybe, but oh well.

Dyno

Fallout 3's skill removals made more sense; first aid/doctor was kinda redundant, and outdoorsman and gambling were almost completely useless in the originals too. I'd rather they had kept the weapon skills maybe, but oh well.

Fallout 3 had a great character development system. It was simple, easy to understand, had a high degree of variety, had a nice pace of increment, and I found no way to break the system (unlike Oblivion.) It also looked sharp and legible on the Pip Boy so that it kept you in the game. As a lifetime D&D and RPG player I give it high marks.

Obsidian tweaked the character development in New Vegas and I didn't think it was for the better. They gave perks once every two levels instead of every level. I presume it was because they thought characters were getting too powerful but it dulled the thrill of levelling up your character. With Skyrim, Bethesda went back to a perk or new special ability per level and so I assume they tweaked the system for balance yet again.

So in my mind Bethesda has shown that they are improving on the statistical aspect of their RPGs. I don't expect big changes and if I had to wager I would say the character sheets will still be Pip Boy compatible as opposed to a new and flashy character sheet like the Skyrim constellations (which I thought was very beautiful and creative.)

I'm really looking forward to Fallout 4. These kinds of ambitious, open-world/multiple approach games tends to get the biggest boost from new hardware.

Moa

What is the message? The site seems to have crashed ...
e7wUlhT.png

Lautaro

A fucking code... this is starting to annoy me.

It better be Fallout or I'm going to do something
(rage in impotence most likely)

That's not Bethesda's, is it?

No one knows. Check THIS link for everything that has happened with it so far.

looks like a launch code

Possibly, but a few days ago the missles were launched. (I think idfk)

“NCRA UNIT BST 314 7 EMRG MSG NEW YORK STAGE 7 WASHINGTON STAGE 7 LOS ANGELES STAGE 7 AUSTIN STAGE 7 CHICAGO STAGE 7 NEW ORLEAN STAGE 7 LAS VEGAS UNKNOWN MIAMI STAGE 7 DALLAS STAGE 7 DENVER STAGE 7 SAN DIEGO STAGE 7 SAN FRANCISCO STAGE 7 BOSTO-”

Stage 7 being the most severe on the International Nuclear Event Scale.

and this one: “Calling all stations, calling all stations, calling all stations. Boston is gone, I repeat, Boston is gone. No Hope. Frequency 3450 Return Transmission. God Bless America.”

Wanny

I think it's one of those codes that just just gotta find what letter replaced a letter... I deciphered one of those in a Secret World investigation quest. Gonna try lol.

Wawahead

KVNGR REV ALPHA PPS VT PIZ UHMYLPVOQ CM XHWMZP.
NBJB SPI'T BYQS QT D'Y BYFGEOB FI VQDYL MAQ.
NGQHT

Deciphers to:

Steam can bring all of you happiness or loving.
Love Gabe, Sexy in my bulging OP swole man tower.

jmcoo7

Banned
To be honest my gut instinct is telling me it's real. Usually I'm rather cynical but well something about this has Bethesda written all over it. Should be good I enjoyed fallout 3 and New Vegas immensely on my 360. Can't wait to try fallout 4 on my ps4 :).

rjinaz

According to some peeps on reddit:

Reverse Alphabet and pass phrase vaultec or something or another.
THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON'T HELP US I'M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -TBNLS"

Is there a black row in Boston? Must google.

According to some peeps on reddit:

Reverse Alphabet and pass phrase vaultec or something or another.
THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON'T HELP US I'M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -TBNLS"

Is there a black row in Boston? Must google.

KVNGR (Keyed Vigenere)
REV ALPHA (Reversed Alphabet)
PPS VT (Passphrase VaultTec)

lol laid it out for us and everything.

rjinaz

KVNGR (Keyed Vigenere)
REV ALPHA (Reversed Alphabet)
PPS VT (Passphrase VaultTec)

lol laid it out for us and everything.

Ahhh, now it all makes sense. Too bad what was translated doesn't make a lick of sense.

Edit: New Morse code:

The new morse code reads(translated): Calling all stations, calling all stations, calling all stations. This is Overseer of Vault 119. Emergency. Unknown enemy. SOS SOS SOS. Vault 119. Quabbin. 7667. SOS SOS SOS. Vault 119. Quabbin. 7667. Enemy unkno-

This is all interesting but it doesn't mean anything without an official confirmation.

Hip Hop

So FO4 confirmed?

I believe so.

It's time for Bethesda to be working on something and they usually take what, 3 years to finish off a game? It's a whole year after they announce the game, then it releases. I'm expecting a Fall 2014 date for F4.

If this was all fake, they would have said something already. I don't see how not saying something helps. If the site is fake, I'm sure the announcement of Fallout 4 isn't too far off either.

Top Bottom