• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda registers Fallout 4 trademark

spirity

Why do you care what I buy or don't buy?

So the answer is yes, you're getting it.

I'm just wondering because your schtick is 'bethesda make awful games and they suck'. You never miss an opportunity to run them into the ground. Yet you're going to buy Fallout 4. Why, when you know it won't be for you and you'll hate it? I don't buy games I know I won't like, but you seem to. I don't get it.

Will Bethesda be in charge of writing, characters, lore, scenarios- the fictional and abstract content of a game that makes it actually different from others in its genre? Will they be in charge of character mechanics, traits, and those interactions- like speech spamming my way to the top in every scenario no matter what?

I find this kind of opinion really stupid. I do not feel emotions when someone on the internet doesn't like my preferred video game company.

I'm glad some of you enjoy paying (by the end) near 80$ for a POS like FO3, but some of us like to be a little more discerning

Or maybe some people don't enjoy being insulted for liking something you don't. NV fans are the worse because they get off to belittling and insulting anyone who doesn't circle jerk NV. It's happening in this thread right now.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Fallout 4 has to be announced at the VGX, right? It's time for a new Fallout. PS4/XB1/PC only pls

;___;

NBtoaster

I'm just wondering because your schtick is 'bethesda make awful games and they suck'. You never miss an opportunity to run them into the ground. Yet you're going to buy Fallout 4. Why, when you know it won't be for you and you'll hate it? I don't buy games I know I won't like, but you seem to. I don't get it.

He actually did enjoy both Fallout 3 and Skyrim but suddenly started hating on them because they "tricking him into thinking they were good" or something.

Some of the newer codes being cracked-- particularly the one referencing the "Great Game" are getting me super hyped. I really enjoyed the backstory of Desmond vs. the Professor in the Point Lookout DLC, and anything that ties into that Great Game is a plus in my book.

He might be a masochist.

Vooduu

Fallout 4 has to be announced at the VGX, right? It's time for a new Fallout. PS4/XB1/PC only pls

;___;

There's only two possible outcomes.

• Fallout 4 will be announced but it will be cross gen. Because of this, the current gen versions won't be to their full potential.
  • Fallout 4 isn't announced and will be here 2015/2016.

Pick your poison

Edit: lol Shinobi
BygizgZ.png

Patryn

There's only two possible outcomes.

• Fallout 4 will be announced but it will be cross gen. Because of this, the current gen versions won't be to their full potential.
  • Fallout 4 isn't announced and will be here 2015/2016.

Pick your poison.
Or the most likely: Fallout announced, next gen only, coming November 14.

Bethesda games tend to be evergreen. They've reached the limits of the current consoles, and they experienced massive success by going 360-only early in its lifespan when there were less of those than there will be PS4 and XBones. The tail for Fallout 4 will be much longer if they don't cripple by going cross gen, plus they avoid any potential PS3 problems.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Because if it's an improvement then it would be great to play.

Plus, you can't criticize a game without playing it first.

To be fair Obsidian created a great game but they basically did what moderns did to Fallout 3. They were given the tools and just had to create content. All the groundwork was already laid for them by Bethesda. Yeah I'm a Bethesda fan.

UF_C

Banned
If real, judging by the latest cyphers/codes coming from TheSuvivor website, we may be fighting a whole lotta androids....

If real, judging by the latest cyphers/codes coming from TheSuvivor website, we may be fighting a whole lotta androids....

Could be the Enemy Unknown, and they're infiltrating human settlements to prime them for whatever the hell it is androids do.

It'd be pretty neat.

UF_C

Banned
Could be the Enemy Unknown, and they're infiltrating human settlements to prime them for whatever the hell it is androids do.

It'd be pretty neat.
Well, whatever it is, it seemed to have taken out a whole vault in no time. Could the "strange humans" in the distance be the droids or perhaps they are the 1st ghouls to appear after the Great War? Anyone know how long in the Fallout timeline it was until Ghouls showed up?

Well, whatever it is, it seemed to have taken out a whole vault in no time. Could the "strange humans" in the distance be the droids or perhaps they are the 1st ghouls to appear after the Great War? Anyone know how long in the Fallout timeline it was until Ghouls showed up?

Well before 2299.

I think the morse code from The Survivor website is supposedly from when the bombs hit to shortly afterward. Fallout Wiki says ghouls took weeks, maybe months to turn, so whatever took out the vault wasn't the undead....

Androids were supposedly only created after the Great War by the Commonwealth, though, or at least that's my understanding from Fallout 3.

Maybe it's something else entirely.

jmcoo7

Banned
Androids were supposedly only created after the Great War by the Commonwealth, though, or at least that's my understanding from Fallout 3.

Maybe someone else had androids pre-war? Hence they could go out in radiation and wipe out vault so soon.

UF_C

Banned

Yes! Wait.....No! That's the questions I don't know the answer to. Does Beth introduce a whole new species?/character?/army? that hasn't been addressed in past games/lore? I'm not sure I'd really like that all too much. If they don't create something brand new (other than androids of course) what in the Fallout Universe could it be?

Yes! Wait.....No! That's the questions I don't know the answer to. Does Beth introduce a whole new species?/character?/army? that hasn't been addressed in past games/lore? I'm not sure I'd really like that all too much. If they don't create something brand new (other than androids of course) what in the Fallout Universe could it be?

I sure hope they create new factions etc., it was pretty lame playing Fallout 3 set on the east coast and the 3 main factions are Brotherhood, Enclave, and Super Mutants, all from the old West Coast games. I can see why they wanted to stick to the Fallout "staples" for their first go-round with the series but now I hope they take advantage of the new setting by throwing some more original characters and factions. Let Obsidian take the reigns for another West Coast spinoff game with all those old staples.

Here's a really good attempt at putting together the entire survivor2299 deal so far by a redditor. The quotes are the transmissions via morse code, ciphers, etc that we have gotten from survivor2299.com so far. The parentheses are what he believes may be happening.

LINK

from redditt
all messages together

October 23rd, 2077
Air Raid Sirens go off. The Great War begins and lasts two hours
“Calling any station. Calling any station. Calling any station. This is OZ (Bridgeport). Please stand by.”
“Bridgeport, this is Concord (MA), message: Quabbin Reservoir is hit, repeat, Quabbin Reservoir is hit, over.”
(Boston is hit by a nuclear warhead. The NCRA was in the process of being updated with a situation report)
"National Catastrophe Relief Auxiliary Unit, Boston 314, 7 Emergency Message: NEW YORK STAGE 7 WASHINGTON STAGE 7 LOS ANGELES STAGE 7 AUSTIN STAGE 7 CHICAGO STAGE 7 NEW ORLEAN STAGE 7 LAS VEGAS UNKNOWN MIAMI STAGE 7 DALLAS STAGE 7 DENVER STAGE 7 SAN DIEGO STAGE 7 SAN FRANCISCO STAGE 7 BOSTO-"
(A vault technician opens 119 to any survivors of the initial attack. IT is possible 7667 is the code needed to enter the Vault)
“Calling all stations, calling all stations, calling all stations, this is Vault Technician 2510730 one six emergency Vault-Tec shelter for survivors in Quabbin, number 119, repeat, emergency Vault-Tec shelter for survivors in Quabbin, number 119, over”
(The radio operator who attempted to reach the NCRA realizes Boston is now gone and that there is no hope)
“Calling all stations, calling all stations, calling all stations. Boston is gone, I repeat, Boston is gone. No Hope. Frequency 3450 Return Transmission. Goodbye America.”
(Six days pass, and the Nuclear Winter occurs)
TIME ELAPSES
July 4th, 2299
(The Survivor heads to the Institute for help)
”MY DEAR SISTER. I’M HEADING TO THE INSTITUTE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE NOW. THIS OLD BASTARD WILL HELP US. HE MUST HELP US. –0321–”
(The Institute refuses to help the survivor. He decides to venture to Black Row.)
THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON'T HELP US. I'M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -NGQHT 5120-
(In the meantime, Vault 119 is being attacked)
"Calling all stations, this is overseer 119 emergency enemy unknown, SOS. Vault 119 Quabbin 7667, repeat, SOS, Vault 119 Quabbin 7667 enemy unknown."
(The attackers manage to breach the vault doors. The vault dwellers retreat to level 4.)
"Calling all stations, this is Vault Overseer 119, anybody near Quabbin? SOS Vault door breach, repeat, SOS Vault door breach, enemy unknown, level 1, 2, and 3 gone, survivors on (service lift to OR in secure location) level 4"
(The attackers manage to kill the overseer (whose code is 15334), who probably attempted to defend his vault dwellers and hold off the attackers. The attackers now attempt to breach Level 4)
"Calling all stations, this is Vault 119, SOS, Level 4 is under attack, Overseer is dead, repeat, SOS, Level 4 is under attack, Overseer is dead. We won’t make it."
(The Survivor has reached Black Row. They send our a Quick Response Force to help at Vault 119.)
"Calling Black Row Out Station. Ground is safe. Too Late. Level 4 breach. No survivors, 899 corpses. We are leaving Vault 119. Over, back to you."
Someone, presumably a synthetic humanoid (android), attempts to hack into the Overseer's computer but uses a wrong code - 15812 instead of 15334 -and the incorrect log-in marks the android as an enemy. The message below is left on the computer)
"THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S COMING. IT'S A KEY TO THE GREAT GAME"

let me add to that

Desmond Lockheart point lookout dlc

If kept alive, Desmond disappears from the game after you exit the Underground Lab upon completion of A Meeting of the Minds. If talked to beforehand, he will mention traveling north to pursue his next rival, another "player" in the "Great Game", a Post-War struggle between former geniuses and billionares.

”MY DEAR SISTER. I’M HEADING TO THE INSTITUTE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE NOW. THIS OLD BASTARD WILL HELP US. HE MUST HELP US. –0321–”

is the old bastard, desmond lockheart?
he is referred to that

new code
e

any translators out there?

ZYX 5625478+7878 - HVCD AYX XOTF LFG IVL EGIBDYU CD RZWVI? UJY'H VOSC FW SFP'GS POCVK KYVI L UWX IVYGLV. XZAG YU, DHNY PJFF CCZ! ZM'K NZHP HQ QV. NAWLV OSS HEJB RGO TVXS HBVD?

from the fallout forums at beth

◾
Key is LOCKHRTSURV, which Iztoli found by typing the numbers 56254787878 on a phone keypa

◾
ZYX meaning unknown

WHAT THE [censored] ARE YOU LOOKING AT KIDDO? DON'T TELL ME YOU'VE NEVER SEEN A GUN BEFORE. COME ON, MOVE YOUR ASS! IT'S TIME TO GO

sounds like desmond?

see this link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...AZZiM0Rh-odwWCDc3VEMVE/preview?pli=1&sle=true

This is the coolest ARG thing I have ever seen. It's tricky, but if you do get the rings to align there is indeed a 4.

I can't wait for VGX!

Without wanting to shit on the parade, but where's the link to Bethesda in that website? It looks like it's been registered in Utah.

havent been following this at all, heard about the site, then heard many quickly disregard it because of the whois info. Guess now there is solid proof that the site is a real ARG?

Top Bottom