• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda registers Fallout 4 trademark

TMNT

Banned
Fallout-3-Three-Dog.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Rösti;90242279 said:
With the OHIM Half-Life 3 debacle, I'm not gonna get excited just yet, it could be another hoax/trolling. There's really no reason for Bethesda to trademark "Fallout 4" as they already have the Fallout trademark.
Ummm...the owner of the application IS Bethesda. I didn't view the application for HL3, but was the owner Valve on the application?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rösti;90242279 said:
With the OHIM Half-Life 3 debacle, I'm not gonna get excited just yet, it could be another hoax/trolling. There's really no reason for Bethesda to trademark "Fallout 4" as they already have the Fallout trademark.

I'd already burned that travesty out of my memory. Bah. OHIM filings aren't hard to fake.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Ummm...the owner of the application IS Bethesda. I didn't view the application for HL3, but was the owner Valve on the application?
Yes, the owner was Valve. Registered via the Spanish IP firm Casalonga.

Cade

I know it's an RPG but I also know that Bethesda is streamlining everything so I wouldn't mind combat that more closely resembles a shooter... I'll wait and see on this one.

TCRS

Banned
aww yiss. motha. fukin. fallout.

I hope they build in more mutant humour like in New Vegas. That radio station was too funny.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How long would thatmen we wait for the game then?

Announced at VGX 2013.
Q1/Q2 2014 cover story in Game Informer, private press demos.
E3 2014 blow out.
Q4 2014 release scheduled.

2004: Morrowind
2007: Oblivion
2008: Fallout 3
2011: Skyrim
2014: Fallout 4

Fits Bethesda Game Studios' ~3 year cycle.

injurai

Banned
I know it's an RPG but I also know that Bethesda is streamlining everything so I wouldn't mind combat that more closely resembles a shooter... I'll wait and see on this one.

If so they could make the first proper open world shooter RPG.

Riky

$MSFT
Fallout 3 was most played game last gen in our house, this can't come soon enough. Just hope it is next gen only.

diamount

Banned
Rösti;90242279 said:

Yeah, but really no reason to fake Fallout 4. We know its coming and Bethesda already said they bought the franchise to make more than one game.

legacyzero

Banned
I hear there's some Deathclaws need killin.

Yeah, no cross gen please. You this last gen multiplats were bad with Fallout, cross gen will amp that shit up.

Announced at VGX 2013.
E3 2014 blow out.

Yup. I expect TES:VI to be revealed in 2016, for a release in november of 2017.

Christ, that's in four years. :(

EatChildren

Oblivion released March 2006 exclusively on Xbox 360 and PC, only ~4 months after the Xbox 360 launch. No cross gen.

Fallout 4 will out ~12+ months after next generation systems are well under way, and will not be cross gen.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Announced at VGX 2013.
E3 2014 blow out.

I hope they let Obsidian do a follow up to New Vegas as well.

Top Bottom