• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda registers Fallout 4 trademark

diamount

Banned
I hear there's some Deathclaws need killin.

Yeah, no cross gen please. You this last gen multiplats were bad with Fallout, cross gen will amp that shit up.

It will be cross-gen. Following their tradition we will get an announcement this year and it will release Q4 2014.

RaVMI2R.jpg

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Please be next gen and PC only!!!
Hopefully then it won't be a buggy mess.

Are Bethesda's game bug ridden on PC too?

The first thing I saw in new vegas was a decrepit old man float across the floor and ask me how I was doing as his head spun in a circle ( I know it's obsidian ). Oblivion and skyrim had some funny glitches too, I'd almost be dissapointed if there weren't any. People swimming through the air was too good in oblivion.

-BLITZ-

I want my American Fallout 3 atmosphere, monuments, houses, cities, streets, highways, schools, Raiders, Enclave & Brotherhood back and unique places to visit to remain printed into my brain. That American feeling that I'll never forget. They said Boston will be the main place, so I'm ready to show me what they got.

I had enough with that Western era with 70% of the land being just plain desert and nothing much to see.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oblivion released March 2006 exclusively on Xbox 360 and PC, only ~4 months after the Xbox 360 launch. No cross gen.

Fallout 4 will out ~12+ months after next generation systems are well under way, and will not be cross gen.

I agree, but I don't think the old systems could have handled Oblivion. Certainly not the PS2, so the 20MM Xboxes out there didn't really make as much sense to target as the 160MM PS360s.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Morrowind was released in 2002 and Oblivion in 2006.

How I fucked that up I do not know.

2002 May - Morrowind
2006 Mar - Oblivion
2008 Oct - Fallout 3
2011 Nov - Skyrim
2014 Nov - Fallout 4

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Rösti;90242693 said:
Yes, the owner was Valve. Registered via the Spanish IP firm Casalonga.
Wow that took some balls there. Wonder if Casalonga got in any trouble for that
Announced at VGX 2013.
Q1/Q2 2014 cover story in Game Informer, private press demos.
E3 2014 blow out.
Q4 2014 release scheduled.

2004: Morrowind
2007: Oblivion
2008: Fallout 3
2011: Skyrim
2014: Fallout 4

Fits Bethesda Game Studios' ~3 year cycle.
Makes sense. I assume you're basing this entirely on the cycle and not this application?

I hope most of GAF takes this with a grain of salt. Applications don't necessary indicate when a game could be released. They can extend applications and delay examination and delay the response to the examination.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
No way is this crossgen. The relatively large amount of ram in these new consoles is just begging to be put to use in a game like this. And if there's anybody who'd appreciate that, it's bethesda.

spirity

Fallout 3 blew my mind. If Fallout 4 comes even close to the greatness of 3 I'm in for a treat.

I'm throwing money at my monitor but nothing is happening, I tried it on their website and twitter account but nothing is happening why can't I get Fallout 4 should I have Thunderbird or Gmail open instead there are dents in my Dell monitor now why aren't you taking my money Bethesda why

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Sony has lockdown on content for this from what I've heard. I have a few friends who work for Bethesda. I Dont know if it's 100% legit but I thought it was worth saying

Cryolemon

No way is this crossgen. The relatively large amount of ram in these new consoles is just begging to be put to use in a game like this. And if there's anybody who'd appreciate that, it's bethesda.

Agreed. Especially if it does end up being a late 2014 release.

Quirah

Trademark comes after the 'fake' teaser website news. And its on OAMI website. Why nobody cares about fake Half Life 3 trademark news which came up on this website?

And my dudes... it will not be cross gen.

#1) Bethesda needs all the memory and performance they can get. They know dis man. They are not one to spread themselves thin especially after how hard it was to pull off their engine on last gen's consoles. ( I do not care about evil within THATS DIFFERENT )

#2) This will be released far enough into the new console's life cycles that this silly cross-gen shit will be over

#3) THIS IS THE NEXT GENERATION BABAY, this game will show us what next gen is all about

#4)
I'm getting it on PC this time HAHAHA

Derrick01

Banned
I hope they let Obsidian do a follow up to New Vegas as well.

I hope so. It would be a shame to go an entire generation without Fallout 4.

Lin Siniang said:
Why the fuck do people want another Fallout RPG so soon after NV?

By the time this comes out it will have been 4 years since NV.

The fact it's from Bethesda is the only thing that depresses me.

RdN

Can't wait! It's going to be beautiful on next gen! I just hope they don't make the mistake of making it cross gen.

Kater

Banned
Oh yeah!
I hope they can lend themselves some talent from Obisidian.
And use a new Game Engine, maybe? Gamebryo is sooo outdated.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Makes sense. I assume you're basing this entirely on the cycle and not this application?

Cycle, yeah. By the end of 2014 Bethesda Game Studios will have not produced a complete mainline title in three years. Those Skyrim expansion packs chew up staff, but not an entire development studio company for three years.

Delays happen, but if Fallout 4 isn't at least projected for that period it will be an unusually long down period for the studio.

Also fits a ZeniMax schedule.
Q1 2014 - The Elder Scrolls Online
Q2 2014 - Wolfenstein: New Order
Q3 2014 - The Evil Within
Q4 2014 - Fallout 4
Q1/Q2 2015 - Dishonored 2
Q3 2015 - Doom "Endlessly delayed" 5
Q4 2015 - Prey "What is this even?" 2

Pick 1 or 2 to be delayed into 2016/cancelled.

Top Bottom