• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda registers Fallout 4 trademark

Sony has lockdown on content for this from what I've heard. I have a few friends who work for Bethesda. I Dont know if it's 100% legit but I thought it was worth saying

Hopefully just scary rumours that get passed around the office. You know right there with the stuff like "dude, I heard we're getting shipped out and selected to help zenimax for the fallout MMO project >:O"

Ladies and gentlemen, today, we are cancelling patiently awaiting the apocalypse.

I really need to replay Fallout 3. New Vegas is undoubtedly a better game, but I fucking loved the music and setting of F3. It also had the benefit of being brand new to me whereas NV did not. There's nothing quite listening to "Tickled Pink" whilst trawling through the unknown depths of the DC subway system.

Cycle, yeah. By the end of 2014 Bethesda Game Studios will have not produced a complete mainline title in three years. Those Skyrim expansion packs chew up staff, but not an entire development studio company for three years.

Delays happen, but if Fallout 4 isn't at least projected for that period it will be an unusually long down period for the studio.

Also fits a ZeniMax schedule.
Q1 2014 - The Elder Scrolls Online
Q2 2014 - Wolfenstein: New Order
Q3 2014 - The Evil Within
Q4 2014 - Fallout 4
Q1/Q2 2015 - Dishonored 2
Q3 2015 - Doom "Endlessly delayed" 5
Q4 2015 - Prey "What is this even?" 2

Pick 1 or 2 to be delayed into 2016/cancelled.
Doom...5?
When did Doom 4 come out?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It's about fucking time. And now we get to see what it looks like without 360/PS3 limitation on memory.

I'm guessing Winter 2014, given that Skyrim was about a year from first news to launch iirc. Which means 2-3 years down the line, we'll have (hopefully) another Obsidian offering.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Why the fuck do people want another Fallout RPG so soon after NV? I want a new IP from Bethesda. Another post apocalyptic RPG with 40's jazz which I have experienced four times now. I really wanted Bethesda to do a modern setting RPG.
So...soon...?
ЯAW;90245372 said:
Seriously! New Vegas was such great game, one of the better games of last gen. I'll need to restart the game once again.
I need to finish the damn thing. I always start over and get bogged down with the sheer amount of shit you can do in the game

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully just scary rumours that get passed around the office. You know right there with the stuff like "dude, I heard we're getting shipped out and selected to help zenimax for the fallout MMO project >:O"

Ofcourse I dont like exclusive content for a certain platform. Microsoft and Sony both do it and I hate it.

hwy_61

Banned
So? Why do people want more Fallout?

It'd be a new place but with very similar themes. There isnt much you can do to make a post apocalyptic setting of a post nuclear America refreshing. All Fallout games share this commonality and we have seen it four times now. More if you include Tactics which I havent played. Let it go. It is now boring.

Speak for yourself.

IM PUMPED

Mondy

Banned
I'll pick this one up on PS4, just because I can. I could get it on PC and probably get a better experience but I'd prefer to sit back in bed, relax and play.

Why the fuck do people want another Fallout RPG so soon after NV? I want a new IP from Bethesda. Another post apocalyptic RPG with 40's jazz which I have experienced four times now. I really wanted Bethesda to do a modern setting RPG.

It's my favorite series of last gen, and the one I am most looking forward to. it will have been almost six years since Bethesda made a Fallout game.

apana

I assuming this will be next gen exclusive. Have Bethesda talked about where they want to see the Fallout series go? I assume better graphics are a given but what other next gen features do they want to add. I don't think a larger world is as important as constructing a more complex world with more option for the player to do as they want.

I don't mind if it doesn't look super-shiny and "next-gen", I just want the world to be absolutely HUGE. Seriously, even New Vegas wasn't really big enough. HUGE world. I want to go exploring and get lost for hours. Skyrim was a step in the right direction.

Derrick01

Banned

It'd be a new place but with very similar themes. There isnt much you can do to make a post apocalyptic setting of a post nuclear America refreshing. All Fallout games share this commonality and we have seen it four times now. More if you include Tactics which I havent played. Let it go. It is now boring.

Well if this was from Obsidian I'd tell you it's because the writing, story, quest design and RPG elements would all be amazing and we get hardly any big budget open world RPGs anymore so it would be worth it. With great writing and design you can make just about anything fresh.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Main reason I'm excited about this is the potential for an Obsidian follow up. New Vegas is probably my game of the generation.

Probably mine as well, certainly top 3.

ЯAW;90245372 said:
Seriously! New Vegas was such great game, one of the better games of last gen. I'll need to restart the game once again.

I think I will buy the ultimate edition and play through it for 4th time, since there are no next gen RPGs and Fable and South Park were delayed.

SerRodrik

So...soon...?

I need to finish the damn thing. I always start over and get bogged down with the sheer amount of shit you can do in the game
This happens to me all the time. I'm pretty sure I almost have 500 hours logged on Steam for New Vegas, and I've only actually beat the game twice. I always get too sidetracked.

To you. The amount of instant hype in this thread should clue you into the fact that you are in the minority on this one.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Have Bethesda talked about where they want to see the Fallout series go?

We know pretty much nothing. The only thing I recall being mentioned was that someone from Bethesda spoke about the 'mojave being a fun place to visit', which hopefully means we won't get another series of dilapidated subway tunnels.

I don't think a larger world is as important as constructing a more complex world with more option for the player to do as they want

From my experience, Bethesda has usually been more focused on the former. But we will have to wait and see how they've taken feedback from what people loved/hated about 3 and NV.

I do hope that they keep hardcore mode, or at least offer some cool new 'simulation' aspects. Blazing through chugging stimpacks is fun for a rambo playthrough, but does get boring after a bit.

Vooduu

I don't mind if it doesn't look super-shiny and "next-gen", I just want the world to be absolutely HUGE. Seriously, even New Vegas wasn't really big enough. HUGE world. I want to go exploring and get lost for hours. Skyrim was a step in the right direction.

Skyrim was two step forwards, one step backwards. Bigger world yet with less meaningful quests and other pointless shit just made it redundant.

Yesss Its happeningggg

I signed up for a playtest invitation earlier in the year and couple of weeks ago I was invited to IdTech in Dallas to playtest a Bethesda game. Wasnt able to attend because of work but I wonder if this is what was being playtested...

If it is then HYPE!

Hindle

Banned
Cycle, yeah. By the end of 2014 Bethesda Game Studios will have not produced a complete mainline title in three years. Those Skyrim expansion packs chew up staff, but not an entire development studio company for three years.

Delays happen, but if Fallout 4 isn't at least projected for that period it will be an unusually long down period for the studio.

Also fits a ZeniMax schedule.
Q1 2014 - The Elder Scrolls Online
Q2 2014 - Wolfenstein: New Order
Q3 2014 - The Evil Within
Q4 2014 - Fallout 4
Q1/Q2 2015 - Dishonored 2
Q3 2015 - Doom "Endlessly delayed" 5
Q4 2015 - Prey "What is this even?" 2

Pick 1 or 2 to be delayed into 2016/cancelled.

I think Besthesda will do something new between Fallout and ES. Be it another reboot of an old franchise or a new IP.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
iIasBndJ7ugH3.gif

BRING IT ON

Derrick01

Banned
From my experience, Bethesda has usually been more focused on the former. But we will have to wait and see how they've taken feedback from what people loved/hated about 3 and NV.

I do hope that they keep hardcore mode, or at least offer some cool new 'simulation' aspects. Blazing through chugging stimpacks is fun for a rambo playthrough, but does get boring after a bit.

I wouldn't count on it. Their response from all of the reaction and success surrounding Oblivion was to make the next ES game even dumber and less focused and balanced.

As for the hardcore mode I hope they scrap it. Even Obsidian couldn't do it right and like every hardcore mode in existence it felt tacked on and pointless. Bethesda needs to focus on making a good game at the core for once instead of making empty sandboxes that are only good for giving "feels" to the player while they wander its emptiness.

Dinda

PC Only seems unlikely to me.

Of course, there's no way of a PC only game, that's why i said PC and next Gen (PS4 and Xbone)
Supporting the current gen would constrain them to much to really make a step forward i think.
That's why i hope they only focus on the new hardware.

Top Bottom