• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

Alebrije

Guys I never played any game of the Soul series. Is the difficulty comparable to Ninja Gaiden? Harder?

Its different difficulty , But I guess Souls games are harder due to length and enemy variety (almost each enemy has its own pattern)

When you master certain movements on NG the games becomes easier, on Souls games you never master , well almost never.

0racle

Alright guys

I time here is done I guess. From here on out all my posts will be in the spoiler thread COMPLETELY spoiler tagged including the pictures. I will be mainly answering questions and asking a few of my own. I don't want to accidently "ruin" anything even tho I'm asking basic stuff. It seems many people are on complete black out until release and all they want to know is that yes, its a game and yes, it comes on a round disc.

barit

Ok.

I like it.

I'm jealous now. Never was that big fan of Demon Souls on PS3
shit was hard man
but this game went from maybe to must-have really quick. Too bad I'm broke and have to wait for April before getting it. Damn, well guess I continue to play some FFXIV to kill some time meanwhile *sigh*

i-Lo

*Smattering of awesome images*]

I feel a strong sense of:

vampire-hunter-d-bloodlust-photos-2.png

psxjymfiub_o.jpg

1995775-d_anime_designs.jpg

Van_Helsing_by_tomer666.png

Van_Helsing_by_snapelupinlvr.jpg

greenfish

Banned
Its different difficulty , But I guess Souls games are harder due to length and enemy variety (almost each enemy has its own pattern)

When you master certain movements on NG the games becomes easier, on Souls games you never master , well almost never.

Eh no, Ninja Gaiden black/2/sigma is a much much harder game on master ninja.

I'll agree Souls is a different form of difficulty. But if you can master ninja gaiden on MN you can beat any souls games (it's all about patience).

If you really want pure pain then play those games and do fiend challenges on master ninja, you will tear your hair out

Much different. Slower and more methodical. The longer you play, the better you get, to the point where if you went back and started over after finishing, you can pretty much breeze through 60%-80% of the game.

Thanks for the replies. Ninja Gaiden was hard but after the learning curve it becomes less harder..! I am looking forward to play Bloodborne. I get what you guys mean the enemys' attack patterns are always different making it hard to avoid dying every time you face a new one. Sounds promising!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Guys I never played any game of the Soul series. Is the difficulty comparable to Ninja Gaiden? Harder?

Both games demand that you respect even basic enemies, as they are a genuine threat if you are careless.

The pace of the two games is very different, however. Souls games are very deliberate, and even a skilled player is wise not to dive headlong into a group of enemies, whereas in NG you can basically murder them all in seconds without being touched if you have sufficient skill.

Bloodborne is faster than previous Souls games, but tactics, positioning, and stamina management are still key elements of combat. There is also more at stake when you die in a Souls game, so the psychological challenge of Souls is greater than NG. On the other hand, NG is a much greater challenge of dexterity and reflexes, though Souls games also involve those skills.

So if you are willing to be attentive and thoughtful, Souls games aren't that hard. Just as if you have good reflexes and dexterity, NG isn't that hard (on normal difficulty).

Both games demand that you respect even basic enemies, as they are a genuine threat if you are careless.

The pace of the two games is very different, however. Souls games are very deliberate, and even a skilled player is wise not to dive headlong into a group of enemies, whereas in NG you can basically murder them all in seconds without being touched if you have sufficient skill.

Bloodborne is faster than previous Souls games, but tactics, positioning, and stamina management are still key elements of combat. There is also more at stake when you die in a Souls game, so the psychological challenge of Souls is greater than NG. On the other hand, NG is a much greater challenge of dexterity and reflexes, though Souls games also involve those skills.
That's why people like it so much probably. The harder the more rewarding. Thanks for the input!

greenfish

Banned
Ninja Gaiden black/sigma needs to played on harder difficulties, because you get new enemies, new bossess, enemies with new patterns.

Beating NG on normal doens't mean much

Too bad the NG franchise is almost completly dead thanks to the utter garbage ninja gaiden 3

Would love to have seen black remade completly on PC/PS4 (no not sigma)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
- controls seems responsive but it seems there are slight delays here and there, as if a animation needs to finish or something before I can initiate another input ( such as fighting/healing )

Just as you need to manage your stamina, you will also need to become keenly aware of how long each attack takes and choose wisely based on the momentary situation. If you're the kind of person who plays action games by hitting the button more times than is required for an action, you'll want to break that habit here.

I always wanted to get to the souls games, but BB will be my first true taste of that experience. I'm a little worried it will be out of my depth. Any tips?

Don't think of dying as a bad thing, think of it as a way to learn from your mistakes. These games are all about trial and error. Some players don't seem to get this and end up getting frustrated when they are making the same mistakes over and over expecting different results.

Don't think of dying as a bad thing, think of it as a way to learn from your mistakes. These games are all about trial and error. Some players don't seem to get this and end up getting frustrated when they are making the same mistakes over and over expecting different results.

Are there elements of games like hotline miami a death heavy gameplay loop that I can apply to this?

Are there elements of games like hotline miami a death heavy gameplay loop that I can apply to this?

Having played Hotline Miami for the first time last year, it actually reminded me a bit of Dark Souls. The gameplay loop is different though. When you die you start back at beginning of the area you died in with every enemy respawned (a couple exceptions to this, but just assume every enemy is back). You lose all experience/currency (souls) you have on you but have the opportunity to go back to the spot you died to collect it again by touching your bloodstain. If you die again before touching your bloodstain it disappears.

Actually very simliar to Hotline Miami. Each time you die you learn something different and use that to apply to your next go. Althrough nowhere near as death heavy. The thing about these games is if you just play with your head(so cliche) they become much much easier.

Having played Hotline Miami for the first time last year, it actually reminded me a bit of Dark Souls. The gameplay loop is different though. When you die you start back at beginning of the area you died in with every enemy respawned (a couple exceptions to this, but just assume every enemy is back). You lose all experience/currency (souls) you have on you but have the opportunity to go back to the spot you died to collect it again by touching your bloodstain. If you die again before touching your bloodstain it disappears.

Alright, thanks for the breakdown.

Actually very simliar to Hotline Miami. Each time you die you learn something different and use that to apply to your next go. Althrough nowhere near as death heavy. The thing about these games is if you just play with your head(so cliche) they become much much easier.

Yeah, specifically learning how the positioning of enemies and maximizing efficiency of approach is what I take from HM when trying to think about a base of reference.

Bloodborne seems to be receiving the biggest marketing push of any game that Sony has released on the PS4 so far.

Which is good, it's a niche game but from the sound of it will be a great title so word of mouth will be good. Really do wish they had an easier difficulty though, really don't like hard games and this one is very long so will get pissed off quickly playing it. I do wonder what the future will be with Miyazaki though, he's now head of From Software therefore don't think he will have the time to make a game again. We shall see though, Yoshida ensuring the game gets a big marketing push shows the respect he has for the team at From, no matter how awesome it is the game will not set the charts on fire.

damn at those screens, and what the fuck a spoiler thread too?
enjoy this masterpiece you lucky bastards. enjoy it to the last drop of blood :p

11 loooooong fuckin days

Capella

Which is good, it's a niche game but from the sound of it will be a great title so word of mouth will be good. Really do wish they had an easier difficulty though, really don't like hard games and this one is very long so will get pissed off quickly playing it. I do wonder what the future will be with Miyazaki though, he's now head of From Software therefore don't think he will have the time to make a game again. We shall see though, Yoshida ensuring the game gets a big marketing push shows the respect he has for the team at From, no matter how awesome it is the game will not set the charts on fire.
I believe he said in a recent interview (Famitsu?) that he would like to continue to work as a President + Director like he did with Bloodborne.

DrkSage

Question:

I'm thinking of pre-ordering Bloodborne through Amazon, but the thing is I've never preordered a video game through it. I have Amazon prime and I was wondering:

If I order the game will it get shipped the day its released or will it get shipped earlier so it arrives here the day of release?

Question:

I'm thinking of pre-ordering Bloodborne through Amazon, but the thing is I've never preordered a video game through it. I have Amazon prime and I was wondering:

If I order the game will it get shipped the day its released or will it get shipped earlier so it arrives here the day of release?

before, you will get it on release day, maybe one day earlier.

Top Bottom