• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

MrTexor

Question:

I'm thinking of pre-ordering Bloodborne through Amazon, but the thing is I've never preordered a video game through it. I have Amazon prime and I was wondering:

If I order the game will it get shipped the day its released or will it get shipped earlier so it arrives here the day of release?

I buy most of my games thru amazon.. You get it on release day if you select that option.

specdot

You guys...are you suuuuure this isn't coming to PC?!
lol j/k.
Having played every Souls game at least once, I can safely say this one looks like it's gonna be as great as Demon's. I'll be honest though, I am gonna miss my shields. =p
Hopefully there are some bad ass guns that'll deflect enemies better than the shields in previous games.

lol j/k.
Having played every Souls game at least once, I can safely say this one looks like it's gonna be as great as Demon's. I'll be honest though, I am gonna miss my shields. =p
Hopefully there are some bad ass guns that'll deflect enemies better than the shields in previous games.
There is at least one shield in the game. lol

before, you will get it on release day, maybe one day earlier.

Ooo, I never thought about getting it a day early. I have it for release day shipping right now, but there's an Amazon warehouse ~1 hour away from me so I generally get packages 1-2 days faster than the estimated date. I've never done release date shipping before though so it might not be the case this time.

lol j/k.

This should 'deflect' smaller enemies all across the room.

BB4.gif

In before ppl start begging Sony to break street date

Haha, every single game.

*random people start posting pics of their copy*

SONY JUST RELEASE IT

Have they ever actually done that? The only time I recall them dropping street date was on games and accessories prior to PS4 launch

Haha, every single game.

SONY JUST RELEASE IT

Have they ever actually done that? The only time I recall them dropping street date was on games and accessories prior to PS4 launch

Tomb Raider Remastered. They sent a memo to retailers saying street date could be broken - likely because of the 60 vs 30 FPS debate that got so heated a week before launch.

viveks86

The spoiler thread should be called the hype thread. The actual spoilers are so minimal. Just a lot of awesome impressions. Looks like the game is as hard as DeS. All that talk about being more inclusive was just PR

Haha, every single game.

SONY JUST RELEASE IT

Some third parties have. Don't think Sony ever has

Ellite25

If the game is out there already Sony should just say fuck it. The only downside for them is it would mess up the review cycle.

Looks like the game is as hard as DeS. All that talk about being more inclusive was just PR.

When From talked about making Bloodborne more accessible they meant it in terms of presenting more easily understood mechanics, progression and story. They always said difficulty would be on par with previous games.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
If the game is out there already Sony should just say fuck it.

lol every time :)

I'm sure it would fuck up much, much more planning than just the review cycle. Planned ad campaigns, reviews, contests, features, exclusives, tv campaigns, interviews, dependencies of other games, day0 updates, merch, all the stores planning for launch and so on.

I'm sure we'll survive 1.5 more weeks guys ;)

Ellite25

lol every time :)

I'm sure it would fuck up much, much more planning than just the review cycle. Planned ad campaigns, reviews, contests, features, exclusives, tv campaigns, interviews, dependencies of other games, day0 updates, merch, all the stores planning for launch and so on.

I'm sure we'll survive 1.5 more weeks guys ;)
Hey don't bring logic into this!

Loakum

Banned
lol j/k.

There are shields in Bloodborne.

takriel

Fuck it I will make it my duty in these 1.5 weeks to search for any nearby store that might sell the game early! I will go to great lengths in order to get this game early! I really really need it!

Boke1879

I really hope the reviews of this game really help push sales. I know people can get turned off by the "hardcore" nature of it. But I hope people who are on the fence take a chance on this.

Lets start a pool. Guess the number of streams of Bloodborne on Live With Playstation come Tuesday morning.

I'll start it at 600 ( 800 was a bit much )

Most I've seen is 760 or so from Destiny. I dunno. This game is pretty hyped around work, from people I never expected to be hyped for it. So it could sell rather well possibly. And we are 9 days out and it is already in the Top 10 on Amazon. Something The Order didn't do until like 4-5 days out from release.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I really hope the reviews of this game really help push sales. I know people can get turned off by the "hardcore" nature of it. But I hope people who are on the fence take a chance on this.
Yeah. I wonder if it'll sell enough to warrant a sequel.

Demons Souls sure did.

And that was with it being a real slow burner. Word of mouth drove sales up on that title into being a bit of a phenomenon.

Think when it originally launched in Japan it sold like 40k copies? Word of mouth spread and was so strong when it launched here in the US it sold like 150k or something like that.

Quite the dramatic rise from such a pultry opening.

I wonder if they would try to have the first huge Expansion / DLC ready for the holiday season? Could be one way to have a " big " title during the holiday season along with whatever else they have planned. One of which I hope is NMS.

I also wonder if Sony can sign up Miyazaki and his team for another exclusive or if they rather want to make a multiplat again.

Still crazy to think that a company that began with titles like King's Field and Armored Core is now one of the hottest developers out there.

I think Bloodborne sales may positively surprise some. Especially after reviews hit and people start streaming, putting up content on Youtube and discussing it everywhere.

It looks good enough to have some mainstream appeal.

I think Bloodborne sales may positively surprise some. Especially after reviews hit and people start streaming, putting up content on Youtube and discussing it everywhere.

It looks good enough to have some mainstream appeal.

Yeah I think people generally are thirsty for something perceived as a "great" game, especially PS4 owners. Reviews could have a big impact, and it sounds like the reviews will be great.

Fhtagn

Shu admitted the mistake of not supporting Demon's Souls back then. They're not gonna let Miyazaki not follow up on Bloodborne.

I hope the "b team" learned a lot of lessons during the rushed develeopment of Dark Souls 2 and does a better job* on either Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne 2, while Miyazaki gets to make another game however he likes, whether a direct sequel, a ShadowTower revival, or something "entirely" new like Bloodborne.

*heck, even if they do just another equally decent job, I'll have something to play in the intervening years.

sublimit

Banned
Yeah I think people generally are thirsty for something perceived as a "great" game, especially PS4 owners. Reviews could have a big impact, and it sounds like the reviews will be great.

I don't think the reviews are that much important when it comes to the sales of Souls and Souls-like games.Word of mouth from the hardcore community was always more important ever since the Demon's Souls import days.

As much as From and Sony wants to broaden the appeal of these games they are still niche at their core.

I don't think the reviews are that much important when it comes to the sales of Souls and Souls-like games.Word of mouth from the hardcore community was always more important ever since the Demon's Souls import days.

As much as From and Sony wants to broaden the appeal of these games they are still niche at their core.

Great review scores—coupled with the apparently more easily understood game mechanics and story—plus the gorgeous graphics would make the game more broadly appealing at a time when a lot of people are waiting for that killer 9/10+ PS4 exclusive.

Rurunaki

6 weapons over 40 hours.. EDGE reviewer confirmed casul?

This week will be a draaaaaag.. It's taking every bit of effort to stay away from the spoilers.. Damn the hype..

While I fully agree with you, the less-hardcore audience will see the 90+ aggregate review score for a PS4 exclusive and, given the thirst for that first "great" next-gen exclusive, likely consider buying, especially considering how the game isn't a Souls game by name.

Us here on GAF can't really identify with that, but I expect this game to sell quite a bit.

Great review scores coupled with the apparently more easily understood game mechanics and story plus the gorgeous graphics would make the game more broadly appealing at a time when a lot of people are waiting for that killer 9/10+ PS4 exclusive.

In my opinion this is a big deal and will help drive sales for this game

For those that rely on reviews to purchase, I don't think people need to worry about scores, FROM has been extremely consistent and their games have resonated with the mass gaming media.

Dark Souls 2, which was considered inferior to Demon's/Dark Souls 1 by a lot of people, still managed to average a 91

JOFS4MU.png

Top Bottom