• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on PS4 - 4 player splitscreen footage

SerTapTap

All I can see are still frames due to IGN's glorious media player, looks alright, cramped but what can you do. Glad they're supporting 4 player local multi. I played BL2 and TPS all on PC but BL1 was pretty fun with couch co op.

BigDug13

Consensus is BL2 4 player splitscreen maintains around 60fps. The Presequel needs some work and has significant framerate dips in 4 player split.

Build wasn't final. Hopefully it's fixed.

Danlord

Can someone post the direct link to the .mp4 that I've seen done before for IGN players please?

Damian.

Banned
So Gearbox is taking a page from Blizzard and fucking the PC version over. Real classy after fucking the PC userbase with a full priced DLC to BL2.

BigDug13

So Gearbox is taking a page from Blizzard and fucking the PC version over. Real classy after fucking the PC userbase with a full priced DLC to BL2.

If splitscreen is your definition of "fucking the PC version over", then Borderlands 2 has done that since day one, providing splitscreen for consoles and none for PC. If DLC is your definition of "fucking the PC version over", I don't know what to tell you. The PC version is like 2 years old now, how is it "fucking you over" when a 2 year newer version of the game comes with more DLC? If I buy DLC for $1 each on a STEAM sale, does that also fuck you over because you paid full price?

Damian.

Banned
If splitscreen is your definition of "fucking the PC version over", then Borderlands 2 has done that since day one, providing splitscreen for consoles and none for PC.

The PC version is like 2 years old now, how is it "fucking you over" when a 2 year newer version of the game comes with more features?

I'm not sure you can comprehend what you just said, you answered your own question, but still have an inquiry. Try again.

BL2 4 player splitscreen?!!?

r8wa7ubxtdjrugs6exoe.jpg

as a huge fan of splitscreen couch co-op, this just made me
jizz in my pants

Derpyduck

Banned
1080p and 60fps in single player (and I assume online co-op)? Didn't think any game would make me want to play it more than Bloodborne, but I will be playing this more. I love these games. I just hope the framerate issues in Pre-Sequel don't also find their way into the single player.

BigDug13

I'm not sure you can comprehend what you just said, you answered your own question, but still have an inquiry. Try again.

The game is two years old. You can buy each DLC for like $2 during STEAM sales. How are you "fucked over" by buying the DLC at full price 2 years ago?

Damian.

Banned
The game is two years old. You can buy each DLC for like $2 during STEAM sales. How are you "fucked over" by buying the DLC at full price 2 years ago?

You missed my point, I was referring to BL:TPS as being BL2 DLC. It's on the short side, unfunny and obviously made by a B team with little effort put in. I paid $25 for it thanks to Nvidia, and still feel ripped off, especially after this release, as it was obvious TPS PC was a cash grab to fund this project that actually has some effort put into it.

nakedeyes

Banned
You missed my point, I was referring to BL:TPS as being BL2 DLC. It's on the short side, unfunny and obviously made by a B team with little effort put in.
Non biased third party opinion: you are not making good points. How is it fucking over the PC user base if they release the game in the same format on all consoles as well? I'm confused.

"Try again" yourself duder

catbrush

Releasing a game for consoles but not PC (even a 'goty' style re-release onto a platform that the game wasn't previously released for) is considered an act of war to some people.

I wonder if more PC games would have local co-op support if Steam allowed multiple IDs to log in at once on one client.

Edit:

The point is over both of your heads as well, that's not even the issue I'm discussing. Try again.

Sorry, I wrote my post before I saw your clarifying post. Let me try again:

Damian considers the release of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on PS4 to fuck over the PC version of Borderlands 2 (why just the PC version?) because it includes Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. In Damian's eyes, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel should have been DLC for Borderlands 2 because "it's on the short side, unfunny and obviously made by a B team with little effort put in."

This screws over PC gamers because...? This is related to Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on PS4 because...? How many tries do I get?

Damian.

Banned
Non biased third party opinion: you are not making good points. How is it fucking over the PC user base if they release the game in the same format on all consoles as well? I'm confused.

"Try again" yourself duder

Split screen being a console exclusive and releasing a game that is barely good enough to be considered BL2 DLC as a full priced release to fund a good console project is fucking the userbase over. You need to try again, or better yet, probably not since you can't make valid points to argue the facts. :p

nakedeyes

Banned
Releasing a game for consoles but not PC (even a 'goty' style re-release onto a platform that the game wasn't previously released for) is considered an act of war to some people.

I wonder if more PC games would have local co-op support if Steam allowed multiple IDs to log in at once on one client.
Ohhh! I see now. That's for effectively communicating what that raging dude was peeved about!

I guess as a response to that, I would say that I see the point, but the reality of the situation is that I'm sure you could get both of these games and all DLC cheaper on PC if you have a bit of patience and look around a bit for a sale.. Entitlement generation, amirite?

Damian.

Banned

Ohhh! I see now. That's for effectively communicating what that raging dude was peeved about!

I guess as a response to that, I would say that I see the point, but the reality of the situation is that I'm sure you could get both of these games and all DLC cheaper on PC if you have a bit of patience and look around a bit for a sale.. Entitlement generation, amirite?

The point is over both of your heads as well, that's not even the issue I'm discussing. Try again.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
60 fps 4 player split screen with all the dlc is pretty awesome. I'm not the biggest borderlands fan but playing it on the 360 with my gf was pretty fun...May have to double dip if some pals get it

nakedeyes

Banned
Split screen being a console exclusive and releasing a game that is barely good enough to be considered BL2 DLC as a full priced release to fund a good console project is fucking the userbase over. You need to try again, or better yet, probably not since you can't make valid points to argue the facts. :p
Omg you are embarrassing.. You once again pointed out how your opinion of the presequal is that it's not as good and DLC teir..

Do you understand it is the same game on the other platforms? Or did you think console gamers got the "real" BL sequel. Hahhaha. You are hilarious dude.

Now crying about no split screen is somewhat valid ( pretty much the only valid thing I can parse from your crying ). But is pretty much par for the course on PC..

it's almost as if you have no clue on what to expect with a console or PC game! Great joke thread!

Fury451

Banned
Consensus is BL2 4 player splitscreen maintains around 60fps. The Presequel needs some work and has significant framerate dips in 4 player split.

Build wasn't final. Hopefully it's fixed.

BL2 having 4 player maintaining 60 is pretty impressive.

Damian.

Banned
Omg you are embarrassing.. You once again pointed out how your opinion of the presequal is that it's not as good and DLC teir..

Do you understand it is the same game on the other platforms? Or did you think console gamers got the "real" BL sequel. Hahhaha. You are hilarious dude.

Now crying about no split screen is somewhat valid ( pretty much the only valid thing I can parse from your crying ). But is pretty much par for the course on PC..

it's almost as if you have no clue on what to expect with a console or PC game! Great joke thread!

I'm not saying the BL:TPS console version is better than the PC version in any way besides having local splitscreen. You didn't comprehend what I was saying. It will be the same dull game, but with added local co-op. ;)

BL2 having 4 player maintaining 60 is pretty impressive.

Especially impressve seeing as the PC version can't maintain 60fps in single player with a lot of action going on even with a $5,000 PC.

I don't understand any of this. You think the PC version of The Pre-Sequel was made specifically to fund The Handsome Collection? What.

What?

So I never played these before. Is borderlands 1 necessary for story? And what kind of genre is it lol?

Not at all. BL1 story is bare bones at best; great game though, imo.

Both are random loot-driven FPS games. Haven't played TPS but played the shit out of BL2 and loved it. I will definitely be picking this up eventually since I never got around to finishing the last DLC for BL2 and this remastered version allows me to import my characters so no progress will be lost.

Wasp

It would be awesome if we could have the single player graphics in splitscreen now, at least for just two player co-op.

The visuals in both BL1 and BL2 took quite a big hit when playing in splitscreen, for example I specifically remember there being no or seriously reduced shadows in splitscreen. I will be disappointed if we get the same co-op graphics in this collection, just this time in 1080p, like they did in The Master Chief Collection.

Corine

I'm not saying the BL:TPS console version is better than the PC version in any way besides having local splitscreen. You didn't comprehend what I was saying. It will be the same dull game, but with added local co-op. ;)

Especially impressve seeing as the PC version can't maintain 60fps in single player with a lot of action going on even with a $5,000 PC.

I don't ever remember borderlands 2 dropping below 62 fps on my last 2 pcs. Neither of which cost anywhere in the realm of 5k. At least since steam put in the fps counter. That's maxxed out except for the nvidia physics(have amd). Even while streaming it.

Edit: Yeah and looking at benchmarks it's fairly easy to stay 100% above 60fps. An i5 with a 760 has a minimum framerate of 71 and a 109 average framerate. Not exactly the $5k rig you're saying.

Yoo great news! I see some saying the pre sequel is equal to DLC, how is the length? I'm not yet tired of the BL format so I hope it had as much as 2

Derpyduck

Banned
Not at all. BL1 story is bare bones at best; great game though, imo.

Both are random loot-driven FPS games. Haven't played TPS but played the shit out of BL2 and loved it. I will definitely be picking this up eventually since I never got around to finishing the last DLC for BL2 and this remastered version allows me to import my characters so no progress will be lost.
BL1 had a story. Not deep, but knowing it and the characters will definitely make BL2 a more enjoyable experience.

BL1 had a story. Not deep, but knowing it and the characters will definitely make BL2 a more enjoyable experience.

Hmm, I guess? I played all of the BL1 content so I definitely appreciated the references to BL1 in 2, and of course seeing returning characters, but there are enough exposition dumps in BL2 to bridge the two in terms of narrative so unless someone was jonesing for the "complete" BL experience I would say just go straight to 2.

bebop242

Dont care about local coop but sign me up if single player is locked 60fps. I was starting to get second thoughts about getting this thanks to other lackluster remasters.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I guess? I played all of the BL1 content so I definitely appreciated the references to BL1 in 2, and of course seeing returning characters, but there are enough exposition dumps in BL2 to bridge the two in terms of narrative so unless someone was jonesing for the "complete" BL experience I would say just go straight to 2.

I would say play Borderlands 1 because its a great game IMO and the writing in 2 is much worse. Anthony Burch was one of the worst things to happen to that franchise as head writer. Much preferred the first game humour wise.

Top Bottom