• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casey Affleck, Ben Affleck may join Mahershala Ali in the Triple Frontier.

This is the new film by J.C. Chandor of "A Most Violent Year" and "Margin Call" fame.
There might be hope for Triple Frontier, the JC Chandor-directed Charles Roven-produced drama that was four weeks from a production start when Paramount dropped out along with Channing Tatum and Tom Hardy. Since Deadline revealed all this April 12, conversations have been ongoing with several suitors, but they look most promising right now with Netflix. If the streaming service boards, it would offer those lead roles to Ben Affleck and Casey Affleck to join Mahershala Ali in the film. Nothing’s set, but that scenario will potentially put the reigning Best Actor Oscar winner (Casey Affleck for Manchester By The Sea) in the same movie with the Best Supporting Actor winner (Ali for Moonlight). Beyond all this, the project will have to formally extricate from Paramount, and start production later in the year. The Mark Boal-scripted thriller is set in the notorious border zone between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil where the Iguazu and Parana rivers converge. The script has long been catnip for filmmakers and talent; Katherine Bigelow once planned to direct, and Tom Hanks, Will Smith and Johnny Depp circled before Tatum and Hardy. Roven and Alex Gartner are producing. Netflix stepping up here would be a jump shot at the buzzer, but this is the kind of high profile feature the streaming service is looking for under incoming features head Scott Stuber. Stay tuned.
Well, I think Ben is definitely going to decline considering he still has to film "The Batman" for WB sometime in the future and Casey might just turn it down to now that he has an Oscar to his name. Who knows, though, more surprising things have happened in Hollywood so wait and see.

suaveric

This is the new film by J.C. Chandor of "A Most Violent Year" and "Margin Call" fame.

Well, I think Ben is definitely going to decline considering he still has to film "The Batman" for WB sometime in the future and Casey might just turn it down to now that he has an Oscar to his name. Who knows, though, more surprising things have happened in Hollywood so wait and see.

Batman won't be filming until next spring at the earliest so Ben has the time if they can get this off the ground quickly.

Batman won't be filming until next spring at the earliest so Ben has the time if they can get this off the ground quickly.
Well, I think it's less that and more the fact that the film is likely going to be shot in South America and I don't think Ben has it in him to go from filming a military thriller in South America to another grueling and long shoot.

I could be wrong though, and I hope he does take the project.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Well, I think it's less that and more the fact that the film is likely going to be shot in South America and I don't think Ben has it in him to go from filming a military thriller in South America to another grueling and long shoot.

I could be wrong though, and I hope he does take the project.

He might appreciate shooting a film without worrying about writing/directing/producing/commercial stuff.

Fucking killer cast. With casey it would actually be a step up from the already great lineup they had rumored before tbh

But I dunno why hardy and tatum dropped out? The director is pretty good.

Seems like this project has been shopped around a lot with big names

Fucking killer cast. With casey it would actually be a step up from the already great lineup they had before tbh

But I dunno why hardy and tatum dropped out? The director is pretty good.
I think it was the fact Paramount dropped out and they had tight filming schedules? Hardy likely has Series 2 of Taboo scheduled sometime in the future, Tatum though must have something or the other planned.

Goodstyle

yeah but Ben is less of a fucking creepo.

Casey Affleck hatred is way overblown. He didn't sexually assault anyone, he allegedly got drunk a lot and constantly made sexist comments. The worst thing he did was climb into a girl's bed without her permission. That's bad, but people have been talking about him like he's a convicted sexual assaulter, and I won't disparage them because I used to do the same until I read up on his case. And on top of that, he's the only one getting shit, when Joaquin Phoenix got accused by the same people.

To put it into perspective, Casey Affleck will get more people angry for showing up in any film for the rest of his life, than Bryan Singer will, and Bryan Singer has been accused of way worse things. And before you say no one can prove what has been said about Singer, the same can be said for Affleck (although I personally believe the accusations of the Casey and Singer victims).

Casey Affleck hatred is way overblown. He didn't sexually assault anyone, he allegedly got drunk a lot and constantly made sexist comments. The worst thing he did was climb into a girl's bed without her permission. That's bad, but people have been talking about him like he's a convicted sexual assaulter, and I won't disparage them because I used to do the same until I read up on his case. And on top of that, he's the only one getting shit, when Joaquin Phoenix got accused by the same people.

To put it into perspective, Casey Affleck will get more people angry for showing up in any film for the rest of his life, than Bryan Singer will, and Bryan Singer has been accused of way worse things. And before you say no one can prove what has been said about Singer, the same can be said for Affleck.

It's also worth noting that several other women working on the same set said they never witnessed any of the alleged sexist behaviors, and that Affleck has been precluded from defending himself due to the lawsuit and settlement.

I, myself, would suggest that the alleged actions were hardly so irredeemably despicable that he needs to be categorically excluded from Hollywood, forever, and that they are not relevant to his job as a professional dresser-upper, anyway, but even if you disagree with these claims, why are accusations so readily treated as unvarnished fact in this instance?

To put it into perspective, Casey Affleck will get more people angry for showing up in any film for the rest of his life, than Bryan Singer will, and Bryan Singer has been accused of way worse things. And before you say no one can prove what has been said about Singer, the same can be said for Affleck (although I personally believe the accusations of the Casey and Singer victims).
Just fucking lol if you think Casey Affleck is the only one who has and will ever get shit for alleged sexual assault. Google Nate Parker, he has it much worse

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's also worth noting that several other women working on the same set said they never witnessed any of the alleged sexist behaviors, and that Affleck has been precluded from defending himself due to the lawsuit and settlement.

I, myself, would suggest that the alleged actions were hardly so irredeemably despicable that he needs to be categorically excluded from Hollywood, forever, and that they are not relevant to his job as a professional dresser-upper, anyway, but even if you disagree with these claims, why are accusations so readily treated as unvarnished fact in this instance?

The actual answer you will get is that innocent until proven guilty is only a legal maxim that has no impact on the ability of regular people to jump to conclusions.

I don't mean that sarcastically either; I have asked the question in regards to Casey Affleck specifically and the answer I got several times was that "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply outside of a court. As though the concept of requiring some kind of proof before accepting an allegation as true is somehow untranslatable from the courtroom to every day discussion.

Goodstyle

I didn't know a lot of witnesses disputed the claims. I personally try to believe accusations though, because I feel like sex crime victims are put in a tough position compared to other victims. I try to go on a balance of probability. I believed the Casey stuff because it's shockingly common behaviour among men in Hollywood and I assumed his accusers had enough leverage to force him to not defend himself in public like they have.

Just fucking lol if you think Casey Affleck is the only one who has and will ever get shit for alleged sexual assault. Google Nate Parker, he has it much worse

I don't think he's the only one, but I do think it's way over blown on him, and you're kinda proving my point. At worst, Affleck acted like a creep. Nate Parker? That guy's a rapist whose victim committed suicide. He SHOULD have it much worse.

Sanjuro

LPEwg5E.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So I take it Ali is out?

I generally can't stand Wahlberg, so no thanks.

How come the big names kept dropping out for this?
I think it's a mix of timing and creative differences; the project's been in development hell for quite a while if the first three involved were Hanks, Depp, and Smith but once they dropped out and Bigelow dropped out, it must have just been languishing till Paramount picked it up along with Chandor, Tatum, and Hardy, only for the last two to drop out due to creative differences. Then, Casey must have straight-up passed on the film, Ben had to drop out due to Batman and the alcoholism, and Mahershala has True Detective and probably way better offers & roles on the table.

And thus, here we are.

Top Bottom