• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (IntSys 3DS) Assets (Box, Screens)

jepense

Stills don't look that good, but all the tweets I read from the reveal were very positive, so I'm assuming it looks fine in motion. The style reminds me of the super stupid/awesome Elite beat agents look, which worked, and at least it isn't yet another generic anime art style. Anyway, IntSys strategy games often look mediocre but play sublimely, so I'm definitely in.

Lijik

Not really, I was reminded more of flash cartoons like Doctor Bees than what they claim the inspiration was.

i had to look up doctor bees and if you showed me a picture of that apropos of nothing the last thing id think is "flash cartoon"

i guess that term just carries a different meaning these days

random25

IntSys working on this game? I'm in! Can't remember any game they made that was underwhelming to me. Looking forward to this.

Chindogg

"NINTENDO MAKE SOME NEW IPS REHASHING FUCKS"

*shows a totally new IntSys IP*
*sees the screens, zero video at all*

"LOOKS LIKE SHIT WHERE THE FUCK IS MAJORA"

facepalm.gif

HeroR

facepalm.gif

Pretty much.

You know, I have been lurking on and off for years and I have to ask, when will this board learn not judge a game's graphic when it will not be released for several months, especially a 3DS game which never looks good on stills. The same thing happened with 3D World (some calling it a DS game because no one seems to remember what a DS game looks like) and were eating crow by the time the game was ready to be release.

culafia

facepalm.gif

I hate this line of thinking because it's ignorant and treats the internet like one person. Criticism always speaks louder than praise, and when someone does the opposite thing they were doing before, the criticism by the larger crowd is going to be the opposite of what criticism was before. Sorry, but you're attempting to expose hypocrisy where it doesn't really exist.

Cuburt

I'm only underwhelmed by the logo/boxart, otherwise it looks pretty good.

It's made by Intelligent Systems, I have faith it will be good.

Gartooth

My biggest problem (like Splatoon to a lesser degree) is that the name just sucks. They really couldn't have gone for something other than Codename: S.T.E.A.M. for the new IP?

Silvawuff

In my humble opinion, I don't like the look of this game. The premise and art style are both a turn off for me, personally. I feel like Nintendo hyped up something they could have done more with. This reminds me of third-party shovelware.

I know it's probably too early to tell what kind of game this will be -- this could very well be an excellent game, but I will hold my reservations until then.

Infinite

In my humble opinion, I don't like the look of this game. The premise and art style are both a turn off for me, personally. I feel like Nintendo hyped up something they could have done more with. This reminds me of third-party shovelware.

I know it's probably too early to tell what kind of game this will be -- this could very well be an excellent game, but I will hold my reservations until then.

Damn, this is crazy.

Jagsrock

Banned
Wait is this the big 3ds announcement? Personally I think it looks pretty cool. It's always nice to see a new IP. But does this mean no majoras mask or metroid for sure? (At least at this e3?)

Gartooth

Wait is this the big 3ds announcement? Personally I think it looks pretty cool. It's always nice to see a new IP. But does this mean no majoras mask or metroid for sure? (At least at this e3?)

Probably, although we all know that Nintendo will get to a MM remake at some point, so it is just a manner of when it happens rather than if.

I'm anxious to see the trailer for this after all the descriptions.

GCX

My biggest problem (like Splatoon to a lesser degree) is that the name just sucks. They really couldn't have gone for something other than Codename: S.T.E.A.M. for the new IP?
Hey now Splatoon is an ingenious name, it's quite an accomplishment to include three of the game's key elements (splash, toon and platoon) into such a short name.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wait, is this a turn based strategy game?? Is it a new fucking IP from one of the best turn based strategy devs in the buisness and people are complaining?

Tookay

I'm sure the game will be good because intsys but the art looks like it's out of a flash game. And in-game looks messy (but I'll hold off until I see it in motion).

R.I.P

Just woke up to the news, saw the screens and I'm so confused now, but kind of in a good way. Not sold on the artstyle yet but a new srpg from Intelligent Systems is a must buy in my book.

Tookay

It's almost like this site is composed of different people with different opinions.

To be honest, while I wouldn't mind some new Nintendo ideas. I really like Nintendo's old games and I want more of them. I don't mind getting lots and lots of Mario games, because I like Mario games.

And I would probably be more open minded to this if it weren't for the fact that I don't really like that kind of American comic art style. And I don't like hypermasculinity.
I like My Little Pony and the Powerpuff Girls and Ruby Gloom and lots of American cartoons. But that isn't really my personal taste.

Top Bottom