• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Side of Kpop: Cube, a Toxic Place for Female Idols

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogogow

"If you wanna fail, show this". I don't even understand what those pictures mean. Not so flattering pictures, don't all celebrities have them?

I always thought all the 4Minute members had weird and not so great looking hair in the early years including Hyuna. The only one exception is Jiyoon, she was always consistently looking great. I loved her short hair/shades look when 4Minute started out.

Erevador

You guys.. look at OP's post history. Every single post references articles. Pretty sure it's a bot. Even posts in gaming. Their earlier post history actually sounded normal but now it's just pictures, graphs, articles, etc.
It posts non-stop 4Minute related conspiracies, complete with graphs, and has been doing this in the K-Pop thread with enormous consistency for a long time.

There's a lot of dark and exploitative undertones to kpop but that OP is just so cryptic it's actually kind of weirding me out.

It posts non-stop 4Minute related conspiracies, complete with graphs, and has been doing this in the K-Pop thread with enormous consistency for a long time.

You guys.. look at OP's post history. Every single post references articles. Pretty sure it's a bot. Even posts in gaming. Their earlier post history actually sounded normal but now it's just pictures, graphs, articles, etc.

Oh man, actually going through it, I'm starting to think that OP's account got compromised at some point.

It's like watching someone get bit by a zombie.

Kaizer

Banned
Can't make sense of the OP, but in vaguely Kpop related news, I've been watching Show Me The Money 5 & its pretty great!

Cyan

Banned
Ok, I think I'm putting it together a little bit. OP is an insane stalker fan of K-Pop singer Gayoon, who was a member of the group 4minute, which recently broke up.

OP thinks it's very important for us to know that Gayoon looks pretty without makeup and has not had plastic surgery.

I believe the "if you want to make money show this" vs "if you want to lose money show this" is showing us two different singers from the group, the first being the one the OP is obsessed with, and the second being the one the production company that created this K-Pop group chose to promote.

OP believes that the production company deliberately tanked the career of the singer he's obsessed with and tried to make her look ugly, because they were afraid that if they showed her true beauty the other singer's career would be damaged. As evidence of this, he shows some pics that show she looks vaguely similar to Miss Korea, who we can assume everyone agrees is pretty.

Also he has a few bits about some shitty things the production company has done which don't relate to this, but presumably he thinks help support his conspiracy theories about the singer he's obsessed with.

OP, am I close?

SJRB

Gold Member
...I can't even imagine the work that went into that OP, and it ending up being all for naught since no one understands what the hell it actually is about.

Ok, I think I'm putting it together a little bit. OP is an insane stalker fan of K-Pop singer Gayoon, who was a member of the group 4minute, which recently broke up.

OP thinks it's very important for us to know that Gayoon looks pretty without makeup and has not had plastic surgery.

I believe the "if you want to make money show this" vs "if you want to lose money show this" is showing us two different singers from the group, the first being the one the OP is obsessed with, and the second being the one the production company that created this K-Pop group chose to promote.

OP believes that the production company deliberately tanked the career of the singer he's obsessed with and tried to make her look ugly, because they were afraid that if they showed her true beauty the other singer's career would be damaged. As evidence of this, he shows some pics that show she looks vaguely similar to Miss Korea, who we can assume everyone agrees is pretty.

Also he has a few bits about some shitty things the production company has done which don't relate to this, but presumably he thinks help support his conspiracy theories about the singer he's obsessed with.

OP, am I close?

Real talk, most of OP's post history is just talking about sales and the business side of games which all looks pretty normal. This creepy kpop weirdness is recent. It started off relatively innocuous and then became... this. I seriously think their account got compromised by some spambot.

Pendulum

Ok, I think I'm putting it together a little bit.

Pretty much it, but the "if you want to make money show this" vs "if you want to lose money show this" part is the same person - Gayoon. He's saying that they always "sabotaged" her in MVs in order to highlight Hyuna (who he claims in other threads is the CEO's favorite), and didn't show her as the "Miss Korea beauty" as he sees her when she appears individually on tv shows(and which would have made Cube more money).

OP is a modern day numbers station.

He's the Incheon Poacher.

scary_dolls2.jpg

You're doing good work, Parmenides. Please keep ignoring the thread you created, keeping in with the age-old GAF tradition held by those who post starkly incomplete or incorrect information.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So Cube is Lou Pearlman and all these girls are ever iteration of a pop group ever being taken advantage of mentally and physically and now it's coming to light.

Got it.

It kinda felt obvious that the whole world of pop music, over every continent of this planet, is just filled with scumbags of every sort. Looking to cut a piece off the talent for themselves, whatever that may be and however they need to do it.

Disgusted by all you guys "pretending" to be confused so you don't have to admit the truth. Bunch of Nissan Cube fans, here. Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three to get ready, and four to go.

Cerity

All I can figure is that OP is a massive Gayoon fanboy/girl?

From what I can gather Cube Ent. is a massively shady company, but the same goes for pretty much every other girl group/idol factory as well.

gogogow

Pretty much it, but the "if you want to make money show this" vs "if you want to lose money show this" part is the same person - Gayoon. He's saying that they always "sabotaged" her in MVs in order to highlight Hyuna (who he claims in other threads is the CEO's favorite), and didn't show her as the "Miss Korea beauty" as he sees her when she appears individually on tv shows(and which would have made Cube more money).

Parmenides is wrong then, because the majority are from the early years of the band, in which 4 out of the 5 girls looks weird, except for Mirror, Mirror which is slighty newer than the rest of the examples. Why would Cube only make Gayoon look bad and not all the other girls? Not saying fishy things aren't happening in the Kpop industry. Like I said in my previous post, Jiyoon has been looking great since the start of 4Minute. Imo all the girls looks great since Volume Up and that of course includes Gayoon. So she didn't look bad from the early years of 4Minute till they disbanded.
Also Parmenides probably forgot that Cube let Gayoon and Jiyoon form a subgroup, 2Yoon.

Disgusted by all you guys "pretending" to be confused so you don't have to admit the truth. Bunch of Nissan Cube fans, here. Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three to get ready, and four to go.

Ohhh so it's a stealth Pokemon Go thread? Of course. It all makes sense now

It's weird cos normally bots are like "Wanna buy cheap shoes" but this one is like "I AM PROGRAMMED TO TELL YOU THE TRUUUUTH ABOUT KPOP IDOLS"
Finally a robot with a noble cause that I, the reader, can invest in

Foggy

OP is a fever dream but kpop singers and actresses have been prominently exploited by executives for years. It's a very ugly business and very little has been done in spite of forced prostitution and numerous suicides.

Pendulum

Parmenides is wrong then, because the majority are from the early years of the band, in which 4 out of the 5 girls looks weird, except for Mirror, Mirror which is slighty newer than the rest of the examples. Why would Cube only make Gayoon look bad and not all the other girls? Not saying fishy things aren't happening in the Kpop industry. Like I said in my previous post, Jiyoon has been looking great since the start of 4Minute. Imo all the girls looks great since Volume Up and that of course includes Gayoon. So she didn't look bad from the early years of 4Minute till they disbanded.
Also Parmenides probably forgot that Cube let Gayoon and Jiyoon form a subgroup, 2Yoon.

You're trying to attribute some sense of logical unbiased thinking to Parmenides, even if incorrect, which is folly. There's his repeated, inane Gayoon sabotage posts, but this is also the guy that would harp on about the YouTube "like/dislike" ratio as a sign of 4Minute's superiority while conveniently omitting releases that had a higher ratio.

Jintor

Real talk, most of OP's post history is just talking about sales and the business side of games which all looks pretty normal. This creepy kpop weirdness is recent. It started off relatively innocuous and then became... this. I seriously think their account got compromised by some spambot.

It's weird cos normally bots are like "Wanna buy cheap shoes" but this one is like "I AM PROGRAMMED TO TELL YOU THE TRUUUUTH ABOUT KPOP IDOLS"

I've dealt with that on other forums. The spambots look for keywords and have pre-prepared messages regarding that keyword.

Theoretically the bot would've picked up on the k-pop thread and used that to begin posting things, as well as other threads while it's at it. Then when you're least expecting it, it starts posting links. They're designed to look innocuous at first.

I'm guessing OP probably fell prey to a phishing scam or something, somewhere along the line.

I've dealt with that on other forums. The spambots look for keywords and have pre-prepared messages regarding that keyword.

Theoretically the bot would've picked up on the k-pop thread and used that to begin posting things, as well as other threads while it's at it. Then when you're least expecting it, it starts posting links. They're designed to look innocuous at first.

You mean it's evolving?

Dear god the Hyuna and the 4minutes virus has spread all over GAF.

It was actually funny on the K-Pop OT thread as I thought it was just some bored 4minute stan but now? I'm a little concerned tbh. Hopefully it's a bot and not a real human being behind those posts.

also please listen to Heize and Deans song titled And July
thanks

all kpop noobs please listen to You're The Best by Mamamoo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbhmTM1cRro

and i know yall are gonna ask so imma just tell you now - her name is Hwasa

I have no clue who you are but you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Solar is mine though so plz stay away from her.

The OP is a MESS.

Was legit hoping for a good, lengthy investigative piece, the whole idol culture is fascinating, sad, and kinda scary. Anyone know of some actual good single pieces profiling the seedier aspects, and not just a diarrhea of scattered links?

jwhit28

I didn't think K-popgaf could be more confusing than popgaf. Should I feel guilty whenever I tune into StarCraft early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom