• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Side of Kpop: Cube, a Toxic Place for Female Idols

Status
Not open for further replies.
p4hgsJA.png

FinKL

What is going on in the OP. Fortunately I knew Cube Entertainment was a big company so I could kind of understand the plot but still don't know what the issue is besides surgery?

4Minute was great, i'm sad they disbanded, they were my fave KPop band.

Don't know mamamoo, but Wonder Girls, I like them too, aren't doing too great either after their comeback. The album sales are a far cry compared to their previous ones. I'm afraid they won't stay together for much longer.

I only found out yesterday that Kara disbanded, Jia left Miss A and Krystal left f(x) and joined Jessica Jung's record label. Wth is happening in the KPop scene?!
I loved 4Minute Ballads, they were some of the best even
Gayoon and JiYoons duo album was amazing.
Ffffffff Jia left!?!? Kara disbanded (they were decent nothing to write home about) Wonder Girls sales slipping? The golden days of K pop are ending :(. I'm so out of the loop

For a big OP, I have no idea what is going on here.

What are these side by side pictures supposed to be showing?

I'm confused by the OP

We could use a teeny bit of context OP.

Glad I'm not the only person with no idea what's going on

I have no idea what's happening in the OP but the whole thing has always seemed pretty dark.

I have no idea what the fuck any of this is about.

Fuck is cube?

I have no idea what you are trying to tell us.

Context please.

You might as well have wrote this in Korean because I have no idea what you are saying.

u wot m8?

Yeah, I'm confused

What is happening? Should I feel scared?

Jeff_Rigby of kpop are you.
And I understand him more than you.

I've never read so much and yet not learned anything.

What the hell is this about?

OP needs an editor and a filter. Have no idea what is going on.

I'll add to this list.

tl;dr version

OP is a huge fan of the kpop band 4Minute, especially of their member Gayoon. They disbanded earlier this year and OP lost his shit.

Ohhh. Huh? So?

What is going on in the OP. Fortunately I knew Cube Entertainment was a big company so I could kind of understand the plot but still don't know what the issue is besides surgery?

I loved 4Minute Ballads, they were some of the best even
Gayoon and JiYoons duo album was amazing.
Ffffffff Jia left!?!? Kara disbanded (they were decent nothing to write home about) Wonder Girls sales slipping? The golden days of K pop are ending :(. I'm so out of the loop

Jia left, Miss A's fate as a whole is up in the air.
Nana removed After School from her social media profiles
Minzy left 2NE1 and 2NE1 is due to drop something this summer as a trio but nothing yet.

The older groups are dropping like flies.

Kieli

We are witnessing the implosion of the K-pop music industry. The dominance from the recent Korean Wave is now officially over.

Umbasa.

Klyka

Banned
Those side by side pictures or "before/after makeup pics" show like no difference at all.

I don't understand.

Like,the weightloss pics she is not only 3 years older but i can't even see a difference in obvious weight. she looks crazy kpop skinny in all of them.

Mortemis

Banned
came here to add yet another post saying I don't get it

seriously, that's a whole lot of detail in an OP that explains absolutely nothing

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
The OP reminds me of an autistic poster on another forum. This other guy almost solely posts in pictures and never interacts with anyone else. And despite countless bans and changes to the forum UI over the years, he always manages to come back.

Don't worry guys! I got this.

Kjy9P7A.jpg

Basically 4minute is a korean kpop band who hasn't been making good music 4 a minute atleast so they broke up and the OP is making struggle posts about it. For those of you who don't know, a struggle post is like a struggle sandwich, it's when you really don't have much to say but you look through googles fridge and grab whatever is left and sort of try to make it into a coherent post. Basically you want to make sure that everyday you shock and everynight you shock so you'll lingdingdonglingdingdong get there.

Anyway the OP makes 100% sense when he's getting into plastic surgery they did. I know from, like at least, fourth hand experience that the KPOP world is getting into the craziest plastic surgery shit. I mean they used to do corrective surgery for eyelids but people always saw through that shit so now they're doing this shit.

That's right!!! they're completely removing the eye that shit is just crazy man. I'm sure none of these stars want that because now they all start to look homo generic and that's really weird. I mean look at the huge difference they used to have between two similar stars. One is famous and one isn't and you could tell by the eyes but now the eyes are gone and who knows which one is famous?
mtJwV85.jpg

That's all gone now, now they're all going to look like mazic freaks with no eyes and I don't know if that's good. And I'm like it's time to stop try to calculate you making me frustrate it's time to just trust fate you know there's nothing to hesitate. but they still do it and it's crayzy!!!! Through some real in depth reporting I have managed to locate a picture of the front of these no eye clinics and the motto is kind of disturbing

Anyway now it even worse when they get into the European-Korean Festival scene which is hot and popping with bitches like you'd have no idea. I offer this as proof of the way these bitches be operating to reek in a profit. I've been known to hang out on a bitch listening to god music quite often but when it becomes all commercial and the real bitch people get replaced by teens that don't even like the bitches it's a bitch for the real bitch people to relocate to another bitch because you get used to the bitch you lay on a lot.

So it's safe to state like the OP was trying to that the state of kpops lyricism is rapidly progressing down and upwards slope at a breakneck speed. Check out some of that hot hot KPOP Lyricism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6_5Wr3kHAc

And with that I'm out!!!! Piss Y'all.

You have been visited by a struggle post from FloatingDivider good luck and happyness will assault you if you quote this post.

Peace &

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Haha @ his post history, is this dude a K-pop bot or something? All he posts are just random copy pasted info, pictures and hyperlinks.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Let me take you on a journey of our experience in Kpop-GAF explained through our language of kpop gifs.

When you first see the bot
WD472cR.gif

When the bot posts again
pg3tMdg.gif

When the bot posts a third time
zb7GfGE.gif

When the bot posts a fourth time and you're pretty sure it's a bot
8ZlAn02.gif

When the bot posts a fifth time
roTesHN.gif

When the bot posts a sixth time
74CGKGS.gif

When the bot posts a seventh time
Ub1qWor.gif

When the bot posts for the eighth time
gZsUJVN.gif

When the bot just will not stop posting the same tired shit
u3Gc2O7.gif

When the bot spills into OT and you see everyone as confused as you were
CGzF2Kj.gif

When they want you to explain
IkqG5BK.gif

When they start to understand and you're happy someone finally sees your pain even tho they ain't really part of it
s4xmLjF.gif

Kinokou

I have no clue about what is going on here, even with explanations this bot twist keeps things confusing. Can't stop laughing though!

Oppo

Dice the fact that you had all those gifs ready to go is just about as disturbing as the OP.

but I understand that this is the language of your people.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dunno what to say, man. You just slowly collect the useful ones you see over the course of years. This thing evolved right alongside gifs themselves as a format/meme platform.

shink

I thought this was going to be about the treatment of idols in the agencies like long working hours, minimal wages etc but no it's just about 4minute disbanding I think?

Vastag

The real tragedy that I have discovered thanks to this thread is that the timecube no longer exists. The new generations will not know the truth of the 4 corners.

Violet_0

Banned
I'm pretty sure the Cube in the movie The Cube was less confusing and easier to decipher and ultimately, not nearly as cruel

Media

Are bots that post about nothing but K-Pop really a thing? Like... should I be looking into this?

How would they even make money tho

If the KPOP people are right in that he never ever responds to posts or even to his own thread, I'd say it merits some looking into.

Even if not a bot, posting random shit and never responding is weird as hell o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom