• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Side of Kpop: Cube, a Toxic Place for Female Idols

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if i'm getting this right this Cube place just kinda awkwardly picked up this girl who was thought of as not exactly good looking, made an effort to maker her good looking, people were shocked by how pretty she was and began to doubt her, turns out she actually sang well, somehow things went well for Cube but then things went bad and they fucked it up, girl was let go then things went even more bad then she refused to come back and the rest of the group refused to renew their contracts? And probably they took advantage of the girl's low self esteem except she was just as good looking back then as she was after they picked her up.

Actually i was expecting that the girls were being trafficked for sex work for industry members or something like that. At least it isn't that bad.

Sunster

So if i'm getting this right this Cube place just kinda awkwardly picked up this girl who was thought of as not exactly good looking, made an effort to maker her good looking, people were shocked by how pretty she was and began to doubt her, turns out she actually sang well, somehow things went well for Cube but then things went bad and they fucked it up, girl was let go then things went even more bad then she refused to come back and the rest of the group refused to renew their contracts? And probably they took advantage of the girl's low self esteem except she was just as good looking back then as she was after they picked her up.

Actually i was expecting that the girls were being trafficked for sex work for industry members or something like that. At least it isn't that bad.

Is that a thing that happens in the kpop industry?
I know nothing of kpop

Ok, I think I'm putting it together a little bit. OP is an insane stalker fan of K-Pop singer Gayoon, who was a member of the group 4minute, which recently broke up.

OP thinks it's very important for us to know that Gayoon looks pretty without makeup and has not had plastic surgery.

I believe the "if you want to make money show this" vs "if you want to lose money show this" is showing us two different singers from the group, the first being the one the OP is obsessed with, and the second being the one the production company that created this K-Pop group chose to promote.

OP believes that the production company deliberately tanked the career of the singer he's obsessed with and tried to make her look ugly, because they were afraid that if they showed her true beauty the other singer's career would be damaged. As evidence of this, he shows some pics that show she looks vaguely similar to Miss Korea, who we can assume everyone agrees is pretty.

Also he has a few bits about some shitty things the production company has done which don't relate to this, but presumably he thinks help support his conspiracy theories about the singer he's obsessed with.

OP, am I close?

iC1kKyq.jpg

FZZ

Banned
Ok, I think I'm putting it together a little bit. OP is an insane stalker fan of K-Pop singer Gayoon, who was a member of the group 4minute, which recently broke up.

OP thinks it's very important for us to know that Gayoon looks pretty without makeup and has not had plastic surgery.

I believe the "if you want to make money show this" vs "if you want to lose money show this" is showing us two different singers from the group, the first being the one the OP is obsessed with, and the second being the one the production company that created this K-Pop group chose to promote.

OP believes that the production company deliberately tanked the career of the singer he's obsessed with and tried to make her look ugly, because they were afraid that if they showed her true beauty the other singer's career would be damaged. As evidence of this, he shows some pics that show she looks vaguely similar to Miss Korea, who we can assume everyone agrees is pretty.

Also he has a few bits about some shitty things the production company has done which don't relate to this, but presumably he thinks help support his conspiracy theories about the singer he's obsessed with.

OP, am I close?

You a real one for this

also you should change your name to green

Is that a thing that happens in the kpop industry?
I know nothing of kpop

It probably happens in every industry led by rich folk trying to make the most of their investments who are in a position to abuse the men and women who work for them without having to fear for any consequences. Put people in a place where they can abuse others and it will probably happen enough times to be a problem.

llehuty

Is spamming a bannable offense?

I just want this account to be gone, it's s annoying, and the walls of stupid links and nonsense stats than no one cares about.

I wouldn't even be mad if there was at least an attemmpt at discussion from his part, but he just dumps the "articles" and the cherry picked stats at random intervals in the k-pop thread and he won't even enter in discussion with anyone, like this is tumblr or something.

There are 2 options, he is either a bot or a troll, and I don't want to deal with any of it.

Media

Is spamming a bannable offense?

I just want this account to be gone, it's s annoying, and the walls of stupid links and nonsense stats than no one cares about.

I wouldn't even be mad if there was at least an attemmpt at discussion from his part, but he just dumps the "articles" and the cherry picked stats at random intervals in the k-pop thread and he won't even enter in discussion with anyone, like this is tumblr or something.

There are 2 options, he is either a bot or a troll, and I don't want to deal with any of it.

Honestly sounds like bot behavior.

Perhaps OP can return to the thread and declarge it's self not a bot and have a conversation with us to prove it?

Pendulum

A troll would have picked up on the fact that CEO Hong - whom he blames the disbandment of 4Minute on - quit the other day and would have said something about it. It takes a while to factor that into this bot's code apparently.

Sunster

It probably happens in every industry led by rich folk trying to make the most of their investments who are in a position to abuse the men and women who work for them without having to fear for any consequences. Put people in a place where they can abuse others and it will probably happen enough times to be a problem.

I meant is it a pervasive issue?

Takao

Banned
A troll would have picked up on the fact that CEO Hong - whom he blames the disbandment of 4Minute on - quit the other day and would have said something about it. It takes a while to factor that into this bot's code apparently.

He mentions that in his OP:

Hong, the former CEO and now chairman (he quit on July 21, 2016), has always lacked basic ethics e.g.

Of course, it looks like this thread was lifted from a post that went live on another forum today. I've had a bot copy/paste my owns words before, but I don't remember that happening within an hour.

Pendulum

He mentions that in his OP:

His posts are always rehashes of the same 3 templates (one of which could be called "Hong/Hyuna's fault") so to be honest I was kinda...

tumblr_m8cf996WlT1rsskhm.gif

...when I saw the OP. Expected more to be said since that's where he puts the blame.

Breads

Banned
I don't get it. I went through it earlier and here I am again now and I'm still not sure what the point is.

What you are showing is an industry that pretends to be one thing but is still a business in the real world.

I don't know if I'm supposed to be moved by this. All I know is that I'm not.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sorry guys, we call this a bot because they have literally never interacted with us in the kpop thread. Just keeps posting 4minute shit nobody cares about against heavy derision.

NlBQoUd.gif

Let me try and actually make sense of this for two seconds. If Cube's CEO really deliberately held Gayoon back from becoming some kind of national superstar because he either had some personal vendetta against her, or wanted Hyuna to be the big star... I just wonder... Why? Why would a businessman turn down an opportunity to have her generate a bunch of income? I've always been rooting for Gayoon too, but jesus christ if OP isn't seeing ghosts here.

NlBQoUd.gif

Let me try and actually make sense of this for two seconds. If Cube's CEO really deliberately held Gayoon back from becoming some kind of national superstar because he either had some personal vendetta against her, or wanted Hyuna to be the big star... I just wonder... Why? Why would a businessman turn down an opportunity to have her generate a bunch of income? I've always been rooting for Gayoon too, but jesus christ if OP isn't seeing ghosts here.

Well you have labels like YG where artists have to beg to release music so that wouldn't be too out of the realm of possibility.

But I highly doubt that's the case here and just a jumbled mess of rambling from the OP.

llehuty

NlBQoUd.gif

I guess OP watches too many k-dramas? His conspiracy theory angle is just plain weird. I guess Cube just threw money on the 2yoon subunit to make everyone think that they were supporting Gayoon, right? Just nonsense.

But wait
tumblr_mhk9padcpV1rvh4e8o1_250.gif

what if it's a plot to promote the incoming Hyuna comeback?

I guess OP watches too many k-dramas? His conspiracy theory angle is just plain weird. I guess Cube just threw money on the 2yoon subunit to make everyone think that they were supporting Gayoon, right? Just nonsense.

But wait

Oh no, I think you're on to something. lol OP needs help.

PInk Tape

Banned
I didn't think that the bot would actually make a thread about this conspiracy garbage. So embarrassing.

iiScNNI.gif

But wait

I wish it was tbh.

Bu-But you don't get it; it's a huge conspiracy! *puts on tin foil hat*

*starts ranting about the Cubespiracy in broken Korean*

Cyan

Banned
Are bots that post about nothing but K-Pop really a thing? Like... should I be looking into this?

How would they even make money tho

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im so confused by this OP. I dont even mean that jokingly, I think even if I was super into K-pop that op would still be confusing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom