• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DeNA: "Nintendo games currently in the pipeline are all free to play" [Update 11/16]

QaaQer

by far the most interesting bit is miitomo not being called a game. A Nintendo facebook/twitter thing could be fun if they aren't too heavy handed with the moderation and control.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why is this not in the OP?

Well if you look at the slides and his statement, you'll note that he's making this assumption based on DeNA implying all the games they're working on are f2p.

It's very possibly correct, but it wasn't outlined as a statement of fact.

Not surprising. That's what popular on mobile.

It's much better to expose microtransactions to as large a n audience as possible rather than having an upfront cost.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Here's the full quote text from the Q&A:

DeNA said:
Q4
In Nintendo’s Corporate Management Policy Briefing / Semi-Annual Financial Results
Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2016, I believe they mentioned that some
collaborative apps will require a certain amount of money to be paid in order to
download. Could you tell us more about the monetization method and expected
business scale of the collaborative apps?

A4
During the briefing, pay-per-download was only mentioned as an
example of various possible options for monetization methods. We believe that monetization methods must match the gameplay, and this approach hasn’t changed.
The apps in our pipeline, for which we currently have an idea of the type of gameplay, will be free-to-play (free-to-start).

We believe that the business scale will depend on the individual app’s gameplay, monetization points and average revenue per user
(ARPU), and therefore, we are unable to discuss specific details at this time.
http://v4.eir-parts.net/v4Contents/View.aspx?template=ir_material&sid=45510&code=2432

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I just saw the whole Q&A in English was up, I thought no one updated yet...but it seems I was a day late, lol.

The rest of the Nintendo-related segment doesn't seem to be as interesting as the clarification on the monetization's approach.

Top Bottom