• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves will Have no New Raid

Deku Tree

So sad. IMO this is a total give in to all the players complaining about no MM for Raids. Destroyed one of my favorite gaming activities in the last decade.

Nothus

Hang on, didn't they advertise the HoW expansion originally as including a raid? So it's not unreasonable to assume that people would have paid their money for the dlc, on this basis?
So how can they now alter the content, long after many people have already paid for it? Aren't there trade laws against doing that kind of thing? Seems a bit shady.

OneUh8

Well this is a gigantic disappointment. Like they are just cruising right now. They got all that money and seem to not care too much to add content. I've put 100s of hours in this game, I might be done with it. I'll check out the expansion, but they are in a losing battle going against the Witcher 3. They are going to have to add a ton of Content and multiple raids with comet if they expect a purchase from me.

Sayers

fe9XViU.gif

My favorite Mario Party Party moment

cooperma

Couldn't they just have made another level 32 raid offering new loot to get? Wanting the next dlc to have the highest level difficulty raid isn't an excuse for this dlc to be barebones.

I agree. Just thinking about what they could possibly be thinking with no raid. I do remember there was a big jump from 28 to 35 and that they had lightswitch and arc burn on them which always sucks with the fallen

border

I can't believe they're going to make us wait nearly a damned month until they explain what the Prison of Elders Arena actually is!

They obviously know that they will take a huge hit of bad publicity for not having a raid ready. Why not at least try to soften the blow by explaining the cool new mode that is going to take the place of the raid? No, better to leave people angry and seething for weeks on end.

This is just terrible PR.

Orayn

Hang on, didn't they advertise the HoW expansion originally as including a raid? So it's not unreasonable to assume that people would have paid their money for the dlc, on this basis?
So how can they now alter the content, long after many people have already paid for it? Aren't there trade laws against doing that kind of thing? Seems a bit shady.

IIRC it was only listed as having a raid in a very very preliminary presentation slide.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Fuck that.
I have over 1000 days played in Destiny. I love Destiny. But I play Destiny for the raids... everything I do is in bettering my position to raid. I've never enjoyed horde modes; that's not going to hold me over. Plus horde mode is only for 3 players? How the fuck is that supposed to go over for those of us who have tight knit raid teams?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Fucking angry right now... Bungie, I want to keep playing Destiny, and I'm happy to keep playing Destiny, but you need to keep feeding me new raids to conquer.

What on earth happened? I've heard nothing but bad things about how this game has been handled since launch. How did they jump from Halo to this? How?!

1. They have no clue what they are doing, or what they want this game to be.
2. They punish the players more than any game I have ever seen
3. Bungie is lost.

My god what this game was presented as and what it ended up being its so funny to look back on now.

10 year plan ungh? They didn't have a launch day plan.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So what exactly are they gonna be drip feeding info on content wise with no raid? More pvp maps and strikes? 3 story missions? You'd think they would have expected learned after their last "expansion" not to hype up such little content. Not enough lolz for releasing same day Witcher 3 too.

Nori Chan

LMAO where the destiny stans at? Fucking how do you defend this shit? Probably all those guys who complain about not having a group of 6 to play the raids inside the damn OT where people are always asking to do a raid. This is the first time ever I've been burned by a season pass.

Fuck you bungie.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Fuck that.
I have over 1000 days played in Destiny. I love Destiny. But I play Destiny for the raids... everything I do is in bettering my position to raid. I've never enjoyed horde modes; that's not going to hold me over.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Fucking angry right now... Bungie, I want to keep playing Destiny, and I'm happy to keep playing Destiny, but you need to keep feeding me new raids to conquer.

You got the game 3 years in advance?

Trogdor1123

Fuck that.
I have over 1000 days played in Destiny. I love Destiny. But I play Destiny for the raids... everything I do is in bettering my position to raid. I've never enjoyed horde modes; that's not going to hold me over. Plus horde mode is only for 3 players? How the fuck is that supposed to go over for those of us who have tight knit raid teams?

You mean hours right?

Also, what is there to do in Destiny for 1000 hours?

So sad. IMO this is a total give in to all the players complaining about no MM for Raids. Destroyed one of my favorite gaming activities in the last decade.
I'm trying to figure out what thought process led to concluding not having a raid = Bungie listening to people complaining about matchmaking, but I got nothing here.

Worst 35 euros I ever spent.

I was holding on to the base game in case they came up with something worthwile for this expansion, time to sell it to some poor bastard now.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What on earth happened? I've heard nothing but bad things about how this game has been handled since launch. How did they jump from Halo to this? How?!

Am sure Activision had something to do with it when you look at their usual MO when it comes to business practice vs how Bungie has been with its fans in general before Destiny.

At least Id like to think thats the reasoning and not Bungie having lost their shit.

border

Time for RAGE MATH:

~10 million people bought Destiny

Make a conservative assumption that 20% of them bought the expansion pass for $35.

2 million players x $35 expansion pass = 70 million dollars

70 million dollars is only enough to design one raid and 6 multiplayer maps, apparently.

KodaRuss

Damnit. What the hell bungie. Stupid decision. I am sure they are just tired of people cheesing the encounters. What a waste of an expansion

I wonder if they looked at the percentage of players who are actually playing the raids and decided it wasn't worth the time and effort. I know my group of friends have barely touched the first raid, there are only 4 of us and we couldn't even get past the first part.

anddo0

LMFAO!

I feel sorry for my friends who are invested in this. I was a sucker too, bought the digital guardian addition. But I never got my hopes up for HoW, because I gave up on the game three days after The Dark Below turned out to be such a slap in the face.

The only way Bungie redeems themselves is if they release the new raid they're working on for free to those who own the season pass and purchased the dlc individually.

Fitts

Arena is going to end up being one of those lazy "clear the waves of enemy" modes, isn't it?

The Destiny "expansion pass" is the new horse armor.

This is so sad. Halo Firefight was endless fun without any carrot-on-a-stick to chase after. Now people won't play Destiny unless they can get a shiny weapon (and then stop playing again).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
god damnit.

is what i would have said had i had any realistic expectations of being ale to actually participate in a rad. add fucking matchmaking bungie. also, comet sure as shit be a SIGNIFICANT addition of content and EXPAND the gameplay systems, story and story delivery in huge, meaningful ways

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This actually sounds awesome to me. If it's anywhere near as good as Reach's Firefight mode then I'll be ecstatic.

urge26

Frustrated.... won't the existing Raids be somewhat invalidated now that you can get your Fatebringer up to 365? And no new Raid to work on? And now you're splitting my raiding group? I mean I don't really give two shits that I bought the season pass, I'm pulling my hair out more on splitting the group. Fuck that.

Wynnebeck

Banned
LOLOLOL and they want me to pay $20 for this shit? Fuck this studio man. You make us wait how many months of doing the same shit over and over again to come out and go, "Herp we didn't make this decision lightly. Go and play a shitty Crucible mode and get cool loot gaiz!!!" Seriously tempted to sell this game and delete all data associated with it. This is unacceptable.

BokehKing

Banned
What scares me is how many people still play Destiny, I just don't get what people find so appealing about it still.

I bought the original game with the expansion pass and got rid of the game a month later

Game was never for you it seems like so you will never realize why people have been playing it everyday since launch. They obviously played more than just the story

Razdek

Banned
Why should it? The community was asking for a horde mode from day one. I just wish they gave an indication that they were going to do this before I got out.

Who was asking for horde mode? All their mission levels are basically horde mode with waves and waves of enemies.

Top Bottom