• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't Forget to Get your Wii U Digital Deluxe Promo FREE CREDIT!!!!

Thanks for the reminder, had 10€ waiting for me there! Don't really have anything to use it on, I'll probably just grab something for VC.

GRW810

Question is, what is everyone spending their free eShop credit on?

I'm going to save mine for now. Just bought Pullblox in the deal this week so there are no more must-haves on my list. So many games lined up for future release, like Shovel Knight, and who knows if Nintendo will spring a GC VC surprise at E3?

pestul

Thanks OP. Put on a reminder to do this when I get home from work.

I'm probably going to have a few dollars in there already too.

I forgot that you had to go to the website for this. I have $10 in there plus I'm only a few dollars away from another $5. Cool!

JLck

Still can't find my product code for Mario Kart 8. It's not a red leaflet like in the others, and without it I can't register for my free game right?

It was sealed.

Many thanks for the reminder. I had 5 dollars just sitting there waiting for me and I'm close to another so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this now (and for the rest of the year!)

Buzzman

Banned
Still can't find my product code for Mario Kart 8. It's not a red leaflet like in the others, and without it I can't register for my free game right?

It was sealed.

Where do you live? I'm pretty sure they don't give out these codes in Sweden, might be other countries too.

Edit:Hmm, looks like I'm wrong, anyhow it should look something like this:

clubnintendopin.jpg

JLck

My bad, sorry, someone had thrown it. I've retreived it, but the last 4 digits have been ripped off the strip :\

Looking from the other side I'm pretty confident I can make out the numbers but they aren't registering on there. I've worked out which side they'd be on too but it;s not happening.

I don't think I'm meant to be getting this free game.

kirby_fox

Banned
Thanks OP. Didn't even think about the digital promotion.

Had $5 already for me for the 2 games I bought. I don't do much digital, but should be a nice perk when I get a few more VC titles.

JP

I was surprised to receive credit for both Mario Kart 8 & the free games! Almost 15$ CND :)
I didn't realise that I got it for the free game too. Buying Mario Kart 8 and for free I get Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart SNES and now they're giving me free money for the game that I din't buy from them!! I hope they do something similar for Smash Bros.!

EDIT:
Just remembered I used £10 of Premium Network credit to buy Mario Kart 8 which makes it even better! :)

oatmeal

Banned
My bad, sorry, someone had thrown it. I've retreived it, but the last 4 digits have been ripped off the strip :

Looking from the other side I'm pretty confident I can make out the numbers but they aren't registering on there. I've worked out which side they'd be on too but it;s not happening.

I don't think I'm meant to be getting this free game.

Take a pic of the thing and send to Nintendo. They will help.

PetrCobra

I really didn't expect them to give me back credit for a game I got from them as a bonus. This is crazy. I'm actually starting to believe that going half digital on Nintendo plaforms was not such a bad move on my part as I initially thought.

In retrospect, it's kind of absurd the steps I went through to get Mario Kart 8, and what I ended up with.

1. Sell three Gamecube games to Target for $45, buying eShop credit. (Triple Trade In Deal)
2. Use $7 of leftover Gamestop trade in credit, and $3 cash to buy a $10 eShop card.
3. Realize Mario Kart 8 is $60, not $50, and briefly curse myself out. See I have $2 in eShop account from who knows what.
4. Check Digital Deluxe promotion, and see I have 499 points from Windwaker (which I didn't buy, came with console)
5. Buy the cheapest game on the eShop (WiiU Block Drop on sale, $1.49) with preexisting credit.
6. Get 14 points, granting me $5 eShop credit.
7. Use eShop credit to buy Mario Kart 8.
8. Get New Super Mario Bros U through Club Nintendo.
9. Receive 599 points for MK8, and 599 points for NSMB.
10. Redeem credit.

So I've bought a game, went from $2 in my eShop wallet to $10, and I really only spent 3 dollars in tangible "money". This shit is crazy.

Remind me please, is this for any Deluxe (32gb) system or just the launch ones?

I bought the NSMBU bundle.

If your console's black, you've got the promotion. I bought the WindWaker bundle, and got the offer.

The digital deluxe page even has the NSMBU bundle on the sign-in screen.

Darryl

Banned
I clicked this and found out that somehow I bought Golden Sun. Had no idea. Haven't installed or played that game yet. Wonder when I did that, lol.

It appears they only give it out in multiples of 7AUD.
I have to buy 300 points worth of something to be able to redeem it.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Does this credit expire?

I don't know about the credit on the promotion website, but once you input the credit into your Wii U/3DS, its in a wallet. I would assume it won't expire there, less Nintendo want problems.

Keby

WOW thank you OP. I didn't realize it gave you points for the free game as well.
15$ in eshop credit. :)

Zee-Row

Banned
So the Digital Deluxe is ending completely? After June you won't earn points anymore? That sucks i never really took advantage of it enough. I've only gotten $15 back in digital purchases.

Hugstable

Banned
I used all my eshop deluxe credit I've been saving over time since I bought the system and bought Kid Icarus Uprising. I had 6 codes so I only had to spend 5$. Really like the digital deluxe promotion, ended up getting me a brand new game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So the Digital Deluxe is ending completely? After June you won't earn points anymore? That sucks i never really took advantage of it enough. I've only gotten $15 back in digital purchases.

It ends after this year ends. So you have a few more months!

OryoN

I just checked for my $5 code for Pikmin 3 - which i got via the Mario Kart 8 deal - and found not one, but 2 codes waiting! I already had redeemed my $5 code for Mario Kart the day prior, so this makes 3 codes from 5/31/2014 to 6/01/2014. Got lucky on a server glitch, or perhaps there's a reason for extra code?

Dominator

Hmm my "purchase" of Wii Party U hasn't shown up. I've also purchased Super Metroid today and that's not on there either. Maybe after a few days.

GulAtiCa

According to the site, I have now spent over $1050 on the eShop. And I still have over like $175 in eShop credits. Have like $15 from DDP to spend, but haven't yet, since those nice Best Buy card deal from December still leave me with an extra $100 more ready to be used.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks OP :) Had £5 waiting for me when I logged on. I guess I was hoping for more since it was the first time I logged in but I'll take what I can get!

I've bought Pushmo, Crashmo, Senran Kagura Burst, and none of them show up. Is this ONLY Wii U eShop credit? I thought they merged the two stores? Damnation!

I'm at 476 points. Just got Pikmin 3 as my free gift with Mario Kart 8, so that'll knock me over into a $5 voucher, but then I'll still be like 25 points away from another one. Double dammit!

Top Bottom