• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest press event to be held on 7/28 in Japan, livestreamed, "main series"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

maybe s-e can include a demo for final fantasy versus xiii to increase awareness/sales. it was really effective for dqviii.

Maybe. DQ8 sold better in Europe than in NA, and did not include the FF12 demo there. So it's hard to say.

Maybe. DQ8 sold better in Europe than in NA, and did not include the FF12 demo there. So it's hard to say.
I remember they made it a pretty big deal though, giving it the usual big release treatment, with tons of ads, localization in every language, etc.
They did the same with IX obviously.

"We're pleased to announce that Dragon Quest 11 will be coming soon. And as a sign of appreciation for our fans here in Japan, we're also pleased to announce that Dragon Quest 11 will never be released outside this country."

Kyoufu

I want a large pretty overworld with visible enemies on the field. Battle speed needs to be much faster than DQVIII's, but if they can go for something like that game again then I'd be very excited.

I dont care what its on as long as it gets localised.
Horii better not have been messing with the controller and big screen stuff.

Arzehn

Do you think we'll get more than 1 game announcement at this thing? What's the wording been like in the magazine?

I'm still hoping that a remastered/remake title comes out before XI and even Builders!

LtOrange

I'm so bummed that everyone is talking about XI and I'm still dying for X to make it over. I was hoping for a PS4 port of Dragon Quest X and that it somehow led to a localization. I know it will never happen, but I'm not ready to move on yet.

Go_Ly_Dow

I would love for them to partner with Level 5 and use the Ni No Kuni Engine to power DQXI on PS4. Would like quite stunning.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Was the PS4 version [bold]native 1080p or just up-rezzed[/b]? That would explain why the PS4 version looks so-so.
Isn't this question 'was it native 1080p or not?' Surely every sub-1080p game is 'up-rezzed 1080p' on PS3 and ps4.

Some Nobody

I'm thinking DQ XI, and probably some Dragon Quest Heroes 2 stuff as well.

As far as platforms: PS4/PS3, and to throw a curveball? I'm gonna say a reworked version on 3DS.

And as to "why does it matter"? I want my PS4 to see use. But if it were exclusive to 3dS I wouldn't be mad or "salty", I just wouldn't play it.

Now I'm just waiting on the Mana PS4 reveal, lol. (Only kinda joking.)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wonder what's the goal of SE announcing so many titles, espacially DQ games

2016 is Dragon Quest's 30th anniversary.

Also they've switched to a model of making a ton of small scale and mid-sized titles while lowering the number of AAA titles they're making, so a huge game count jump is going to be a side effect of that.

When you have 350 people in teams of 20-40 instead of all working on one AAA game, you just end up generating tons of output.

Rymuth

I wonder if we'll get cosplay on par with DQHeroes unveil

iZV36AbpTguQt.gif

KoopaTheCasual

Also they've switched to a model of making a ton of small scale and mid-sized titles while lowering the number of AAA titles they're making, so a huge game count jump is going to be a side effect of that.

When you have 350 people in teams of 20-40 instead of all working on one AAA game, you just end up generating tons of output.
I really dig SE's new direction a lot.

BlackJace

I wish that, like Monster Hunter, all the people that view the series as a prize for their system of choice would actually buy the muhfuckin games, man.
LLShC.gif

Sesto

Banned

well DQH and DQ Builders are outsourced but I only asked me if it won't affect sales with so many DQ titles on the horizon^^

I'm really interested in seeing more of Builders and just how different it is compared to Minecraft. We still don't know much about it in terms of actual gameplay.

BadWolf

They also seem to be doing a lot in the way of collaborations with other companies.

Dissidia - Team Ninja
Nier 2 - Platinum Games
DQH - Omega Force
etc.

Teletraan1

Banned
As long as I can play it in my home on a TV I am stoked. Unless it is some ARPG now or something because only faded relics like myself who are eternally trapped in the past or commuters like a good turn based rpg apparently.

Aeana

I'm really interested in seeing more of Builders and just how different it is compared to Minecraft. We still don't know much about it in terms of actual gameplay.

I still find it weird that Kazuya Niinou is directing DQ Builders. I wonder what he'll be doing differently from Minecraft, too.

Hellraider

You know, we have spent so much time talking about the platform but do we even have any idea who the developer is gonna be? Of course in DQ's situation it matters a lot less than any other game because of Armor Project, but it's still an interesting speculation.

What do you guys think? Does Senix have spare staff to make it in house?

Go_Ly_Dow

Western side aside I would say the Japan side is still producing a fair amount of AAA whilst giving us all these small/mid budget games too.

XIV, XV, VIIR, KH3 and potentially DQXI.

Would say a large factor to this approach has been very astute outsourcing ventures across Asia (example how XV has devs even in Taiwan) and also increasing the number of internal staff in other branches (Osaka).

Philippo

Then what can we expect out of this?
-Game announced (platform, title)
-Logo
-CGI trailer

Then we have the Jump special for the first details and maybe some screens, and for the rest of the year there's TGS and Jump Festa, hope we get some gameplay by then.

You know, we have spent so much time talking about the platform but do we even have any idea who the developer is gonna be? Of course in DQ's situation it matters a lot less than any other game because of Armor Project, but it's still an interesting speculation.

What do you guys think? Does Senix have spare staff to make it in house?
The X team was internal IIRC what I read here a few weeks ago but that was like the only DQ with internal programming.

I guess level 5 is still a possibility. I hope for anyone who can nail that cel shaded look, we don't have enough cel shaded RPGs. I've said it before but visually, CyberConnect2 could kill it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Western side aside I would say the Japan side is still producing a fair amount of AAA whilst giving us all these small/mid budget games too.

XIV, XV, VIIR, KH3 and potentially DQXI.

Would say a large factor to this approach has been very astute outsourcing ventures across Asia (example how XV has devs even in Taiwan) and also increasing the number of internal staff in other branches (Osaka).

I would be surprised if either FFVIIR or KH3 had AAA sized game teams by modern standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom