• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggy

I like the subscriber song and Twitch culture of people wanting to get mentioned etc doesnt really bother me. It's a necessary evil to keep eza going and they're just harmless fans who love the gang.

If they want to get more sponsors, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to add some Frame Trap sponsors too. Maybe make it $250 since it's a bi-weekly show.

I think they should open a preroll ad slot slot too for 1,000 (for eza podcast).

Kinda funny does something that I think eza could use.

They have tips.

I could see them trying that out on their Tuesday streams during their fan mail break.
If you tip them 2.50 or more, they'll read and answer your comment.
I'd do it once in a while personally.

Weird I was thinking the same thing. The eza 'donate' button is hidden and goes unmentioned, if they say each stream they'll read out 2.50 and above tips they'll definitely get a lot, I think Kinda Funny read out $5 and above tips and still get a lot.

It's just too loud. I'm just watching in bed with my earphones in and YOU'RE A SUBSCRIIIIIBERRR NOW is just super loud. I actually don't mind text appearing on screen for subs or whatever, as long as they don't get a robot to read everything out like the worst twitch channels.

MrMette

I am not the biggest fan of the subscribersong either (I just am not the biggest fan of people singing on stream), but I understand why they do it. Also, I know a lot of people like it as well, so while it sometimes bothers me (it is indeed loud), they should do what they feel is right.

I am not the biggest fan of all those messages on screen in general. That said, I think the EZA streams are quite good in that regard. I have seen much, much worse. They do it classy.

All in all I like watching their groups streams. It gives me a good idea of how well they work together and gives me a sense of being part of community (although I watch it later on youtube).

mcw

Well my other highest scores are 475552 and 505137. They're rare runs because the game usually decides to screw you with shit pieces. I'm convinced that unless you're a god at the game getting high scores like that is always a fluke and mostly comes down to the luck of the pieces. Kyle's biggest problem though is his inability to mash. He's better than me at slow speeds, but the mashing and random finger slips are holding him back.

Are you referring to the award-winning prime time sitcom "Slip of the Finger", now entering its twelfth season? Fridays at 7, only on NBC!

Karu

Kinda funny does something that I think eza could use.

They have tips.

I could see them trying that out on their Tuesday streams during their fan mail break.
If you tip them 2.50 or more, they'll read and answer your comment.
I'd do it once in a while personally.
Another thing I would prefer them not adopting from KF tbh :( :D The feeling of everything serving the goal of money - openly (opposed to in the background ala Top 10-Countdown content) - distracts in my opinion the content itself. A sponsorship segment is a good middleground solution as it is its own segment. But I will be honest, I am personally also not that invested in them getting more money at every corner, but that obviously differs from especially Brandon's perspective and many other fans who want the studio desperately.

Mikey Jr.

Another thing I would prefer them not adopting from KF tbh :( :D The feeling of everything serving the goal of money - openly (opposed to in the background ala Top 10-Countdown content) - distracts in my opinion the content itself. A sponsorship segment is a good middleground solution as it is its own segment. But I will be honest, I am personally also not that invested in them getting more money at every corner, but that obviously differs from especially Brandon's perspective and many other fans who want the studio desperately.

Dunno man, I want them to have all the money like KF (who I also enjoy)

I am kind of tired of all these other gaming personalities, especially on another site that I won't mention here, but everyone knows who I am talking about. They've become so cynical, that I legitimately cancelled my subscription to them and put the money towards EZA. EZA is just such a breath of fresh air.

Mario007

Its kinda funny, really. People are desperate for them to get sponsorship at every opportunity and in effect "sell out" or compromise their content for money. Like if thats the situation, I'd much prefer them getting bought up by a media outlet then having to try to milk their content for money at every step.

Guess we need a followup to this after Ben get's back:

wGwXtWk.gif

sora87

All this sub and resub stuff with notifications, songs and alerts, is part of the reason why I can't watch streams. It's the most annoying thing during the stream to me.

Yes, it's one of the reasons why I prefer the old GT streams, that and the fact it was always 2 or more people. But it's understandable why things are how they are with EZA.

Bit of a random one but I've been binging Cowboy Bebop recently and I would LOVE to hear a little discussion about it on Frame Trap, mainly Damiani's and Ben's thoughts about it and how they rank it among other series. I think it's very close to being a perfect anime.

I have watched quite a bit of anime but never a single episode of Cowboy Bebop. I was spoiled on one big thing anyway that seems to be considered Vader level of free spoil nowdays.

Also never got too far in Evangelion. I need to watch it someday, only got like 6 episodes deep.

Burt

Just to throw my two cents in, I really enjoy the sub song. It doesn't feel like "pay me for attention" as much as a celebration of someone joining the community. If they were whipping out a bugle and doing a dance for resubs, that'd be one thing, but the sub song just feels like a happy moment, especially because they usually come in group streams.

Karu

Just to throw my two cents in, I really enjoy the sub song. It doesn't feel like "pay me for attention" as much as a celebration of someone joining the community. If they were whipping out a bugle and doing a dance for resubs, that'd be one thing, but the sub song just feels like a happy moment, especially because they usually come in group streams.
Just to clarify, I at least, wasn't talking about the Sub-Song. Think that's a nice little thing they do.

Yes, it's one of the reasons why I prefer the old GT streams, that and the fact it was always 2 or more people. But it's understandable why things are how they are with EZA.

Bit of a random one but I've been binging Cowboy Bebop recently and I would LOVE to hear a little discussion about it on Frame Trap, mainly Damiani's and Ben's thoughts about it and how they rank it among other series. I think it's very close to being a perfect anime.

The GT streams had the sub song as well so I'm not sure I follow. I guess because EZA is more popular during streams they sing more?

sora87

The GT streams had the sub song as well so I'm not sure I follow. I guess because EZA is more popular during streams they sing more?

I don't really care about the sub song but all the text on screen is a tad annoying and it'd be more so if they introduced tips that appeared. I preferred them mostly though because there was always 2+ people and you never knew who was gonna pop in. Plus full playthrough fridays were the best.

I love in streams the notifications, the resub shout outs, the subscriber songs and especially the great interactions the EZA streamers have with chat as they play. I like getting to proveidea questions, comments, etc and having people like Ben, Huber, Kyle, etc react to them. Ben is really good at balancing out the chat interactions with gameplay reactions. Gives a good vibe of you on the couch with the streamer and the 300+ other viewers. Also how Kyle does any of it while playing Tetris is crazy impressive

Mario007

It honestly feels like like EZA has two communities. The first one being made of patreons that seem to stick more closely to the shows and another that they jave built on twicth. Obviously there's an overlap but they seem pretty distinct at this point.

All the Twitch stuff is a necessary evil to grow the channel and make more money for EZA. I really dislike it personally but the majority of their chat seems to love it. It'd be a lot more bearable if they had better mics for group streams.

skynidas

Banned
They need to change the $40,000 goal for the $45,000 one, I think that would definitely help them get there. I know that I'm way more interested in weekly scoring of trailers than a solo Damiani show.

Chuck

Still without luck
I just don't get why they push Twitch subs if they actually get more money through Patreon. Wouldn't it just be better to direct everyone there at all times instead?

I mean, if people give a shit about the "A" next to their twitch chat posts (eyeroll) they could probably have a system of certain patreon tiers giving it.

MrMette

I love in streams the notifications, the resub shout outs, the subscriber songs and especially the great interactions the EZA streamers have with chat as they play. I like getting to proveidea questions, comments, etc and having people like Ben, Huber, Kyle, etc react to them. Ben is really good at balancing out the chat interactions with gameplay reactions. Gives a good vibe of you on the couch with the streamer and the 300+ other viewers. Also how Kyle does any of it while playing Tetris is crazy impressive

Like I said before, I don't like most of those things (except for the interaction with chat, which I love). That said, I also understand that people like the notifications and sub and resub shoutout and song. I also think it helps build a community and gets and incentive for the people who like this to sub or resub (which is great).

I guess the whole twitch thing is not completely for me (which is fine, I think it is great they do both). Usually I only watch some of their streams (on youtube) anyway (the groupstream, Kyle's Tetris stream and Talking Syndrome).
I do want to watch their long half-iversary stream, but I don't think I will have the time to do so unfortunately. I will try to make it work.

It honestly feels like like EZA has two communities. The first one being made of patreons that seem to stick more closely to the shows and another that they jave built on twicth. Obviously there's an overlap but they seem pretty distinct at this point.

I also think it is great they have 2 different sides in their community. I am not even sure if that's the best way to describe it. Just some people like twitch streams and other like them less. There is nothing wrong with that.
I don't think they should change the way they think twitch should be done as they are clearly successful with it (I love that some many people are subscribed to them). I don't watch it that often anyway (as I don't have time for it and I am usually in bed when they stream) and there are a lot of people who seem to love it (which is all that matters).

All the Twitch stuff is a necessary evil to grow the channel and make more money for EZA. I really dislike it personally but the majority of their chat seems to love it. It'd be a lot more bearable if they had better mics for group streams.

Yeah, better mics would be nice. One of the reasons why the song sometimes bother me is because I usually have to crank up the volume to hear what they are saying and then a sub comes and they start singing, which can get a bit loud.
But I guess it will never be perfect with that many people in one room (and I love when everybody is there).
Also, I don't mind there being stuff which is not for me. Especially as other people of the community are loving it and EZA is loving it.

Karu

I ignore Chat during the group streams completely, as there are too many people, but for smaller streams, with 200, 300 people watching there can be some nice little conversations beyond spamming emoji's. One important thing to keep in mind is that as Brandon said on Cup of Jones Twitch doesn't interfere with their show output at all.

Auctopus

Just to clarify as I think something has been lost in translation. I don't have a problem with the sub-song and I most definitely wasn't saying the sub-song was a cry for attention.

I was saying that introducing stream discourse for the sake of a couple dollars would just ruin streams. Things like reading out personalised messages etc. would just be distracting and repetitive. I like to think that the EZA community Is respectful and mature enough to not need to be pandered to. To be honest, 8 think that might just be the Twitch side as that's how a lot of big Twitch streams turn out.

Mista Koo

LiquidSolid explained what I'm saying. I guess this is a good point to drop it.

I have watched quite a bit of anime but never a single episode of Cowboy Bebop. I was spoiled on one big thing anyway that seems to be considered Vader level of free spoil nowdays.

Also never got too far in Evangelion. I need to watch it someday, only got like 6 episodes deep.
I've recently tried watching both of them but only got a couple of episodes in. The big spoiler I got was on Evangelion though :p (character names aside, it was more or less the only thing I knew about the series before I even thought about watching it.)

Burt

what the hell is wrong with twitch. i cant watch last night's dumb game monday. says the page can't be found or it was deleted.

Here it is on YT, I think. Don't know why it wouldn't show up on Twitch, maybe they had some reason to delete it.

Just to clarify as I think something has been lost in translation. I don't have a problem with the sub-song and I most definitely wasn't saying the sub-song was a cry for attention.

I was saying that introducing stream discourse for the sake of a couple dollars would just ruin streams. Things like reading out personalised messages etc. would just be distracting and repetitive. I like to think that the EZA community Is respectful and mature enough to not need to be pandered to. To be honest, 8 think that might just be the Twitch side as that's how a lot of big Twitch streams turn out.

Oh yeah, I'm not big on long message readouts either, especially for tips and stuff. Nothing worse than the autobots speaking tips out.

Agreed, it's a Twitch problem not an EZA problem

Mikey Jr.

Hmmm, I guess it did end up mostly a 10 hour video game stream.

Hoping they would have done something different.

1. Pictionary is always fun, and you can involve the audience.

2. That electrocution game where you hold the handles.

3. Playing that card game that they got on one of their group streams. Would have loved to see that played.

Ohh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom