• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: Nintendo Working on Unannounced Wii U Game [Update: Paper Mario]

Feeling conflicted about this. On one hand, they don't have that much announced for the Wii U for 2016 (presumably its last year of support). On the other, I'm confident that I'll be very early on the NX train. Well, curious to see what it is anyway.

ito007

Eh... Everything that's supposed to come out to wii u now just has me feeling it should be on NX. Oh well, I can't blame Nintendo's commitment to give their current consoles SOMETHING

thefro

I'd guess this is Next Level Games' other project besides Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

Or it's another Western third party studio working with Nintendo publishing.

Vena

Wouldn't it make more sense to hold a new IP back for NX though? Given the Wii U's current situation, I don't think it makes sense to release any new properties on the thing anymore.

As I said, Iwata had promised to support the WiiU to the end. If they deem the project to be a worthy enough sunk cost and, potentially, something that fans would be very happy to get.... they'd be all the better for it. You don't want to leave the WiiU on a Wii-note, if you have to sacrifice some stuff then you wills sacrifice it and end on as high a note as you can.

If it really does well, then you can port it up.

maxcriden

Ōkami;192987363 said:
A proper Animal Crossing game for WiiU would be way to costly and time consuming for it to be wasted on Wii U, really don't expect that.

Expect a very small, not important game, something like Game & Wariorer or Wii Fit U2.

Wouldn't be surprised if they'll talk about a game that was cancelled either.

I agree with what you said about ACWU, but I do think Wii Fit U2 would be the most tone-deaf announcement in regards to the current market in ages. Man. I love Wii Fit and Wii Fit U but I hope Nintendo doesn't waste time trying to make that happen again in the same way anytime soon. Same with Wii Sports, I suppose.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
At this point, I'd rather wait till NX to get a proper 3D Metroid game, so that it'll look as good as possible.

I'd guess this is Next Level Games' other project besides Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

I didn't know they had another project going on. I'd gladly take a Luigi's Mansion 3.

Malus

but then we wouldn't have a 30 page neogaf thread hyping this "announcement" up to the heavens and being disappointed when it isn't metroid prime 4

I'd honestly be disappointed if MP4 was on Wii U at this point. NX is coming soon so it might as well be on the shiny new hardware.

I hope it's the Sin and Punishment equivalent of a 1st party announcement, whatever that is.

JCX

I just don't see what a console AC can improve on a handheld version. They'd have to really change it up to make it worthwhile.

Garlador

I'd honestly be disappointed if MP4 was on Wii U at this point. NX is coming soon so it might as well be on the shiny new hardware.

I hope it's the Sin and Punishment equivalent of a 1st party announcement, whatever that is.

I'd take Sin & Punishment 3.

TheJoRu

What's up with the teasing? If you want to break Nintendo news (or any gaming news in general) the worst thing you can do is be vague and tease, because the build-up of expectations will become so massive you can't possibly meet them.

Unless it is something truly big, but I have a feeling it isn't that big.

Vena

I'd take Sin & Punishment 3.

Treasure doesn't have the capacity for making games like that, and I doubt Nintendo would really do much with the IP unless Treasure themselves were involved. Parse and parcel for the S&P experience and brand.

Next Level Games has a second project in development? Do you have any source or information on this? I'd like to read about it.

I initially read the title and first two pages of posts as unannounced NX game while thinking "well, I should hope so!".
I guess i'm still trying to comprehend them announcing an unknown Wii U game at this point.

"It's a franchise that has fans" is hilariously nonchalant. Not the best way to say it's something people would care about.
Well we can rule out Urban Champion at least.

Oh boy... DKCR 3. The game they've been working on since Tropical Freeze and we will actually have to wait another 3 years to see their new game on NX. GAF will explode for the bad.
3 years? no my friend the DKCR trilogy NX remaster will pop out in early 2017 I'm sure

edit:
Finally, Urban Champion 2!
Okay so we can't rule out Urban Champion

AdanVC

I'm honestly not expecting anything big of a game. At this point is literally suicidal to keep producing games for Wii U. It will be better for Nintendo to just finish what they are working on for Wii U in schedule like Star Fox, Zelda, etc. and completely focus on NX. But then again, we don't know shet about NX so it's all speculation and I'm sick of speculations. Looks like I'm gonna have to play Splatoon till the end of times.

Top Bottom