• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer - PS4 and Xbox One in 2015 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
These articles are useless
I mean they are written by different writers, even though I assume the Editor in Chief looks over both, being that is his job and all.

Calling the Xbox One year a textbook year after criticizing its lack of game releases in the first half is quite strange but again: Consistency is not Eurogamer's strong suit.

Justinh

Well one thing is for sure, Spencer was on board with Matrick when the whole original x1 concept blew in their faces! So any way, Spencer has a lot to do with the shitty decisions made at the xbox division!

I'm pretty sure I remember an interview where Spencer said something like he was still a part of the team before Matrick left and he shares "some of the responsibility" of how the console launched and its messaging.

I'm going to have to dig around for the interview (maybe it was IGN, he was on there a lot), but I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that right.

Sadist

One of these things is not like the other.

One of these things just doesn't belong.

So they have games, but not the type of games us gamers like, which are just first-party titles?

Some of y'all are moving that goalpost.
Don't do this please. I'm merely pointing out that the article is mostly talking about first party output and not in a single way do they present their arguments like this. This is not moving goalposts, its just how Eurogamer apparently feels about Sony's first party output in 2015. I mean, they give Bloodborne a firm nod in the article as something they want to see more from Sony themselves. They wished they got more than just Bloodborne. Is that an unreasonable request?

Just for the sake of my curiosity, would you mind telling me all these promises Sony have made you? I am fascinated to know what kind of contract you signed when you bought a PS4.
I don't own a PS4. But I'm looking at the PS4 from a first party point of view and I feel it lacks some substance.

It isn't the most surprising outcome in the world - I've always found Playstation consoles to be slow going for the first 2-3 years. They invariably come to life in a big way during the later years.
Agreed. It's been a thing since the PS2. But especially in its later years the PlayStation consoles have a large and diverse library.

What promises?

That you can suspend your games? We can do that. That you can have some one take over your game for you via remote play? We can do that. That you can remote play your games with Vita? We can do that. That you can get a service that lets you remote play PS3 games? We can do that. That you can play at least physical games five minutes after you put it in? We can do that. That you can press a button and share your games over twitch or take the last fifteen minutes and put it up on twitch? We can do that and we can also do so on youtube now. That we can watch other people's streamed games? We can do that. That we can participate in games we are watching streamed that take advantage of that? We can do that. That Sony is working to be a very open place for developers to put their games? I think the fact they are getting good indie support shows that. And from what I've read of indie developers they seem pretty happy with Sony support.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure they at this point have fulfilled the promises they gave us when they launched the PS4 and are now working on new stuff (and also have done some new stuff too.
Again, as the article stated (nobody was talking about the things you mentioned) and if I wasn't clear enough, for me I agree on the first party output. That's all.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Uh, what the fuck is the writer talking about? No-one (except the usual internet idiots) complained when Microsoft signed Kamiya's next game. Anyone with half a brain can tell the difference between the Tomb Raider clusterfuck and the Kojima deal.

I find it curiously funny how the writer compares the RotTR to Kojima's next game and says that the reaction to the first one's exclusivity was not warm and that it just was not fair... Wow...

EGM1966

You had a point until "best console version", that's just a stupid way of looking at things.

It's how the market views it and it does pertain to questioning how Eurogamer can apparently praise Sony then somehow say they're coasting and not being innovative and XB1 isn't coasting and is being innovative yet apparently PS4 had more exclusives of note critically and due to better console design (for playing games) had better versions of multi-platform gams.

As with the Kotaku articles there again seems little to no editorial control over what I gather is two writers.

Really perplexed at the lack of professional control in having different writers take each half of what should form one article and then ignore clear gaps in approach and style.

TBH if any site that claims to be professional wants to do this it should either use one writer or combine input of multiple staff with editorial control to deliver one consistent article.

But I digress into how regularly game media is rather lacking in basic journalistic professionalism.

nib95

Banned
Everybody really needs to chill. The author of this piece is not the same as the author(s) of their games of the year. It's OK for one person to feel that a console had a disappointing year or didn't fulfill its full potential this year without it being an existential knock on the product. I read both articles and I don't agree necessarily with either of them, but that's OK.

I do think both articles are just a little too flippant, though. This line in the PS4 piece really stuck out to me:

Really? They go on to mention the Kojima news later in the article! That was incredible and great news. This reads as pretty jaded, especially if all Gatsby really is good for is news (the sizzle).

Oh well. Anyway, anyone who continues to flip out is going to be banned.

In terms of big news, we had FFVII remake, Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian, Nier, Kojima Productions etc. I'm baffled at the notion that Sony's sales figures were the only stand out news for the year. I certainly doubt actual gamers would see it that way.

ReBurn

Gold Member
These articles are useless

You can't use gears remaster as a positive in one article, and then gloss over uc remaster in the other

You can't praise ori in one article and then downplay until dawn in the next... Not to mention completely ignoring helldivers

You can't use games with gold has caught up to PS plus in value as a positive and then say PS plus is a potential problem because makes ppl not wanna spend money for a negative

If you're gonna do articles like these, the two writers need to collaborate, or it just needs to be one writer... Obviously ppl are gonna compare the two articles, and the praises and criticisms are just way too inconsistent

It's almost as if they are two different articles written by two different people that aren't written in a way that directly compares one console to the other.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The PS4 is being carried by multiplats and Bloodborne. Yes Bloodborne is the highest rated exclusive and a great one at that but it is just one title. Since launch, Bloodborne is the only big name title that really is worth shouting about on the PS4.

Others are all forgettable experiences including Infamous;SS, The order, Driveclub, LBP3 etc.

'Barely moving the needle in terms of sales isn't a good metric when Eurogamer are talking about quality. You use the metric interchangeably.

Bloodborne. That's it. That's the only big AAA title I see worthy of mention. In that regard, Eurogamer are spot on imo.

I know it is divisive, but I had a good time with The Order and completely and utterly disagree on putting down DriveClub and Infamous: SS as forgettable titles not worth a second look. Both are very well crafted and, especially concerning DriveClub, very well supported over time. My only big disappointment of the generation was Kilzone actually. I had fun with Knack and my wife's little cousins liked it a lot too.

PlayStation continues to push a very wide array of diverse gaming experiences in addition to AAA first and third party games (some of the latter have a short time exclusivity agreement with Sony... sometimes limited to DLC to be fair). I think they owe their success or a good part of it to this approach.

Kyoufu

I have no problem with the article as a whole, but this quote...

and then there's Hideo Kojima, whose announcement of PlayStation exclusivity received exactly the kind of warm reception that failed to materialise for Microsoft's deal with Rise of the Tomb Raider. A sentimental reaction, considering Kojima's history with PlayStation, but perhaps not a fair one.

...is laughable. You'd think gaming journalists would at least have a basic understanding of what makes these two deals different. How embarrassing!

And even then, Tomb Raider was a business move by Microsoft, something that I don't blame them for, because after all it's a business and grabbing exclusives is part of said business. The outrage over that deal was directed toward Square-Enix as it was clearly evident that it would not do their IP any favours being timed exclusive to the lowest selling console. Can anyone say Kojima's deal with SCE is a bad business decision? I think not.

It's almost as if they are two different articles written by two different people that aren't written in a way that directly compares one console to the other.

It's almost as if you didn't read the articles...

Both have clear comparisons to the competition

Besides that, the whole point of my comment is they shouldn't be two different articles written by two different ppl. It leads to inconsistencies, and there's no avoiding the reality that readers will compare the two

pastrami

I think Xbox has had a great year. But the sentiment that Sony is coasting, and somehow lucked out on their sales is so obnoxious. Both articles also seemingly complain that PS4 exclusives aren't really system sellers, but Xbox One exclusives should be system sellers and it's baffling why the Xbox isn't selling better.

Can't say I agree with the sentiments of either article.

The PS4 is being carried by multiplats and Bloodborne. Yes Bloodborne is the highest rated exclusive and a great one at that but it is just one title. Since launch, Bloodborne is the only big name title that really is worth shouting about on the PS4.

Others are all forgettable experiences including Infamous;SS, The order, Driveclub, LBP3 etc.

'Barely moving the needle in terms of sales isn't a good metric when Eurogamer are talking about quality. You use the metric interchangeably.

Bloodborne. That's it. That's the only big AAA title I see worthy of mention. In that regard, Eurogamer are spot on imo.

That's your opinion though. Different tastes and all that. For me, the only good exclusives on the X1 are Forza 6 and Ori. More appeal to me with PS4 exclusives.

I'm pretty sure I remember an interview where Spencer said something like he was still a part of the team before Matrick left and he shares "some of the responsibility" of how the console launched and its messaging.

I'm going to have to dig around for the interview (maybe it was IGN, he was on there a lot), but I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that right.

Exactly, people do seem to have a short memory (including Eurogamer)! Phill is involved in both the X1 and ROTR fiasco and some people praise him like his some sort of a messiah?!?

benny_a

Exactly, people do seem to have a short memory (including Eurogamer)! Phill is involved in both the X1 and ROTR fiasco and some people praise him like his some sort of a messiah?!?
He has changed his tune though. It's hard to tie all of it into some coherent narrative as an obvious good move or not but if he continues to fund games such as Scalebound, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break all is good on my end.

In 2013/2014 he was still talking about third-party deals being cool and in 2015 he said it's more about first-party properties. If these public changes of heart are indicative of when he actually had these reversal of feelings then we might not see this for two more years anyway.

He had to, that is why the board at MS offered him the position! But as i've said let's not put him on a pedestal like some sort of a messiah! As for the games i agree, Scalebound and QB are the games i'm going to get an X1 for!
Sure. The messiah figure stuff is not what I'm trying to support here. I think he is making good and bold moves. Whether or not this is truly long-term or not we'll know in a few years.

I feel their assessment of PS4 is on point. The library is just not there yet, especially compared to Wii U.

I don't have a bone yet, but the 2016 exclusive lineup looks absolutely killer on paper and will be hard to deny if all the games live up to their potential.

Plus with Playstation obviously putting a lot of effort into VR...we'll see. I hope I made the right choice because I'm really not trying to own every console again this gen.

CoG

I'm tired of the PS4 has no games, Sony is sitting on their laurels narrative. It's always coming from a vocal minority of folks who feel the Xbox One is better because Microsoft is firing on all cylinders and Sony is asleep that the wheel. My opinion is that Sony is targeting and the broader gaming audience where Microsoft is still working on gaining back the trust of core gamers.

He has changed his tune though. It's hard to tie all of it into some coherent narrative as an obvious good move or not but if he continues to fund games such as Scalebound, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break all is good on my end.

He had to, that is why the board at MS offered him the position! But as i've said let's not put him on a pedestal like some sort of a messiah! As for the games i agree, Scalebound and QB are the games i'm going to get an X1 for!

mintylurb

I mean they are written by different writers, even though I assume the Editor in Chief looks over both, being that is his job and all.

Calling the Xbox One year a textbook year after criticizing its lack of game releases in the first half is quite strange but again: Consistency is not Eurogamer's strong suit.

Welp, he did write "Who needs games: PlayStation 4's first year" last year.
Eurogamer should've went with PS4 in 2015: ps4 still doesn't have games for the article's title...but shu in was cute.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ps4 has no doubt been a disappointment on the exclusives front. You gotta wonder what the Sony first and second party studios are up to for so long? The saving grace has no doubt been Indie for ps+ and multiplat which save for mgs5/gta5 is of no interest to me.

2016 should fix that.

Justinh

It was IGN, though I am not sure at which point he mentions it.

https://youtu.be/rUODlNffWmU
Thanks, lol. I was halfway through one of the podcasts and I wasn't excited in listening to all the other ones I had queued up in other tabs.

I do think it's best to remember things more correctly, but I do think Phil Spencer's a great guy to be in charge of Xbox and get the feeling that he's steering the ship "more correctly" (I guess "more conservatively" as the article puts it).
Although, there's no possible way I could actually know that. It's just the feeling I get.

Let's not get there please! Same can be applied to MS "greatest exclusive line" BS! What will happen with Forza 6 when 7 releases (F5 is already in limbo)? What will happen to Halo 5 when 6 releases? Remove ROTR, which is not even a console exclusive and MSs line is even more barebones compared to Sonys!

Okay. I was talking about PS4. I'm not in MS's corner so chill out.

omonimo

Banned
What premise are exactly more encouraging to be more optimistic in the coming 2016 compared the ps4 for the xbone? Their continue shitty policies with Indie games? Jeez eurogamer. If this year has been shitty for ps4 and I could agree, the fuck it's more promising on xbone looking to the same year? I accept criticism but just open your eyes on both, because I'm not seeing something of radical different on xbone policies.

What's up with the Kojima comment in the playstation article? Does the writer not understand that financing a games development and publishing it like with Resistance and Ratchet and Clank series is different to buying exclusivity for a game that already has been financed by a third party publisher? The Kojima deal is on the good side of the spectrum when it comes to exclusives and RoTR the bad.

I like any article that slaps the PS4 for coasting along (despite a steady stream of exclusive indie, first and second party titles all year long) while praising Xbox's rise from the ashes (even if the first seven-eight months only included two notable exclusive releases).

That's some fine perspective taking.

Then again, everyone loves an underdog. Makes for a better story.

Xenus

No one knew UC4 was getting delayed though.

The TR deal was a business decision that was meant to benefit the platform by adding a good game to it's staple in 2015 and to counter UC4 as well as the avalanche of marketing deals that Sony had this fall/holiday. It's not like MS didn't know they had lost COD, or that Disney was steering all Star Wars related to Sony.

Tomb Raider remains unique in it's space until it launches on PC and more so on console unit UC4 launches. I don't see how that is a bad deal.

It's a bad deal for everyone involved because Microsoft paid presumably a pretty substantial amount of money for something that while critically praised sold pretty poorly. It's a bad deal for SE\CD cause it hurt sales and a good game is more known for the backlash then being a good game. And it's a bad deal for the consumers cause a game got delayed for their platform of choice and potentially hurt changes of another game.

In 2013/2014 he was still talking about third-party deals being cool and in 2015 he said it's more about first-party properties. If these public changes of heart are indicative of when he actually had these reversal of feelings then we might not see this for two more years anyway.

Sure. The messiah figure stuff is not what I'm trying to support here. I think he is making good and bold moves. Whether or not this is truly long-term or not we'll know in a few years.

How much of that is actual change of heart vs 3rd parties no longer willing to be accept their deals due to sales though? I mean RoTR probably just torpedoed any chance they had left of convincing 3rd major parties to do a timed exclusive/full exclusive deal with them on a game that would move the needle. It would be exorbitantly expensive for very little gain. So it's pretty much focus on first party or go whelp we got nothing. Which obviously they wouldn't do.

omonimo

Banned
I like any article that slaps the PS4 for coasting along (despite a steady stream of exclusive indie, first and second party titles all year long) while praising Xbox's rise from the ashes (even if the first seven-eight months only included two notable exclusive releases).

That's some fine perspective taking.

Then again, everyone loves an underdog. Makes for a better story.
But Spencer is a nice guy. It's more important. He put his head in the ashes, just that it's so promising for the xbone future. Well he continue to deny it exist the exclusive clause but I mean. He put his head in the ashes.

benny_a

How much of that is actual change of heart vs 3rd parties no longer willing to be accept their deals due to sales though? I mean RoTR probably just torpedoed any chance they had left of convincing 3rd major parties to do a timed exclusive/full exclusive deal with them on a game that would move the needle. It would be exorbitantly expensive for very little gain. So it's pretty much focus on first party or go whelp we got nothing. Which obviously they wouldn't do.
I'm not suggesting this is some genuine change of heart, because he loves us.

Ultimately being in the weaker position about these deals when it comes to that means you have to get creative with your budget and I like it when publishers get creative.
They are clearly trying to appeal to the enthusiast audience nowadays and I think that's only good, as I'm one of those.

More games created in total instead of locked by multiplatform publishers means the chances that one of them appeals to me is higher than before.

blakep267

I agree with the Sony criticisms because from my personal point of view I think they are valid. I'm not a person who plays 10-15 games a year. I usually skip downloadable titles since I don't have the time for them unless they get rave reviews. I don't like souls games. I love everything Japan, except for their video games which bore me to death( mainly referring to JRPGs). I'm not into destiny of COD. Over them. Battkefront was garbage. So from all that, Sony is not delivering anything that makes it great. The Xbox isn't that great either save for 3 or so games this year, but it's 3 more than the ps4 imo

If your game is an AAA title, a game that is on the PC as well, a game that's not in English, or a game I don't like personally, it doesn't count!

I mean, it goes without saying that you'll see some overlap if you have a decent PC. But some PS4 players absolutely do not have that choice or don't want to consider it. PC gaming isn't even in direct competition like the small vocal minority think it is - it's now a platform for console companies to produce more games on.

Would you kindly focus on the topic at hand and keep the PC out of this discussion? Because otherwise PC gamers will be forced to participate because of your inflammatory comments and you'll all start complaining about us derailing a console thread.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It continues to astound me how unfairly harsh people are on the PS4 in comparison to the competition, but I guess this is what happens when you're the market leader.

Didn't seem to happen when the 360 was the market leader last gen. The narrative was against the PS3 and Sony back then too, especially among American outlets.

Both systems were pretty meh this year. A few good multiplats and one or two great exclusives like Bloodborne or Ori and the Blind Forest but not a whole lot really stands out. I'll give it to Xbox One simply for Ori but that's also on PC. Halo 5 and Fallout 4 were pretty swell too but not fantastic in my opinion at least. Wii U and 3DS had a pretty good year but more so in quality than quantity.

2016 looks to be outstanding for PS4.

Don't do this please. I'm merely pointing out that the article is mostly talking about first party output and not in a single way do they present their arguments like this. This is not moving goalposts, its just how Eurogamer apparently feels about Sony's first party output in 2015. I mean, they give Bloodborne a firm nod in the article as something they want to see more from Sony themselves. They wished they got more than just Bloodborne. Is that an unreasonable request?

That only bolsters my point. If the article is talking about mostly first party output, then how are they like us or like enthusiast? To me, an enthusiast doesn't gate themselves within the walls of one particular segment, AAA, AA, or indie.

You don't have to play every segment evenly, but at least dabbling and presenting your opinion as such is far better than cherrypicking.

Eurogamer covers more than first party games. The games on their list of Best aren't all AAA titles. Do you think it's fair to focus on one area and exclude the many, many games found in other places within the console's ecosystem? That goes for both the One and the PS4.

Your original post, and even this one, lack the perspective I'm talking about - people only care about what's in front of their face, and that's fine, but not in regards to telling others what to expect out of the console fairly.

Would you kindly focus on the topic at hand and keep the PC out of this discussion? Because otherwise PC gamers will be forced to participate because of your inflammatory comments and you'll all start complaining about us derailing a console thread.

Did you literally just state you would be "forced to participate"? LOL, dude, rest your fedora, lest you appear behind me, slash me, and say "nothing personal kid".

Tigress

Again, as the article stated (nobody was talking about the things you mentioned) and if I wasn't clear enough, for me I agree on the first party output. That's all.

Ok, but what promises did they make to us about first party output? I don't remember them making any particular promises. And some stuff that has been announced has been delayed but it has or will be coming out. I don't remember much just being cancelled. in fact they will be making good on a promise they made for PS3 (it's just really delayed) next year.

Honestly, I don't care about first party output. I care that it has the games I want. I don't understand this focus on first party being the only important thing. The important thing is if it has games you want. Plus I like the features they promised that they have given us.

What promises?

That you can suspend your games? We can do that. That you can have some one take over your game for you via remote play? We can do that. That you can remote play your games with Vita? We can do that. That you can get a service that lets you remote play PS3 games? We can do that. That you can play at least physical games five minutes after you put it in? We can do that. That you can press a button and share your games over twitch or take the last fifteen minutes and put it up on twitch? We can do that and we can also do so on youtube now. That we can watch other people's streamed games? We can do that. That we can participate in games we are watching streamed that take advantage of that? We can do that. That Sony is working to be a very open place for developers to put their games? I think the fact they are getting good indie support shows that. And from what I've read of indie developers they seem pretty happy with Sony support.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure they at this point have fulfilled the promises they gave us when they launched the PS4 and are now working on new stuff (and also have done some new stuff too).

The only way Sony feels like they are going back to their arrogant ways (and I have felt this) is with the downfall of PS+. But honestly I've been happy with the last two months and if they keep it at least like that I'll stop being so annoyed by it. But I think a lot of it also is they require it for online now so they don't need to make PS+ look so good as that has shown to sell PS+ a lot more than having a good variety of games.

I must admit that i share your point of view on the promise part ... i'm not even sure what promise the PS4 haven't met yet other than a list of requests that get filled a little bit over time just like it was with the PS3 ( it seems how nobody remember how barren the PS3 was at release in term of features )

On the PS+ part was the real part where Sony output was trully disapointing. While it wasn't bad ..it clearly wasn't up to the PS3 days.

omonimo

Banned
I agree with the Sony criticisms because from my personal point of view I think they are valid. I'm not a person who plays 10-15 games a year. I usually skip downloadable titles since I don't have the time for them unless they get rave reviews. I don't like souls games. I love everything Japan, except for their video games which bore me to death( mainly referring to JRPGs). I'm not into destiny of COD. Over them. Battkefront was garbage. So from all that, Sony is not delivering anything that makes it great. The Xbox isn't that great either save for 3 or so games this year, but it's 3 more than the ps4 imo
I think what eurogamer said of ps4 it's the other face of the same mirror for the xbone looking just this year. What exactly are those 3 more games?

Jumeira

Banned
Eurogamer's top 10 game of the year list is as follows:

1. Bloodborne (PS4 exclusive)
2. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain (PS4, best console version)
3. Splatoon
4. Rocket League (PS4 console exclusive)
5. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, best console version)
6. Her Story
7. Invisible, Inc. (coming soon to PS4)
8. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
9. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4 exclusive)
10. Life is Strange (PS4, best console version)

6 PS4 games, 3 exclusive.
3 Xbox games, 0 exclusives.

Lol at straw clutching going on in this list. Masterful.

For me, no reason yet to buy a PS4 given i was never a fan of their franchises (Inc souls). Sharper looking multiplatform games arnt that big for me. Content with just XB1 until UC4 comes out, which is enough to justify a PS4 for my gaming tastes. Will not be buying PSN pass though, and will keep it for Japanese exclusives (Shenmue, Yakuza, Kojima) which does look strong.

Nocturno999

Completely agree with Eurogamer. Sony's 2015 first party lineup was awful compared to the Wii U and XBO.
Nintendo gives a proper closure to the 3DS and Wii U with spectacular games that got ignored by the media while
Sony slowly hides the Vita under a rug and waits for some 3rd party miracle or who knows.

2015 was a year full of promises and megatons that will take years to establish like FFVIIR and Shenmue 3
and the embarrassing VR presentation and lineup at the Playstation Experience that the media pretended it didn't existed.
MS brought backward compatibility and great games the last quarter. People keep saying 2016 is going to be amazing but
Uncharted was pushed back to almost half of 2016 and makes me realize why I don't sell my PS4 for an XBO or Wii U.

omonimo

Banned
Lol at straw clutching going on in this list. Masterful.

For me, no reason yet to buy a PS4 given i was never a fan of their franchises. Sharper looking multiplatform games arnt that big for me. Content with just XB1 until UC4 comes out, which is enough to justify a PS4 for my gaming tastes. Will not be buying PSN pass though, and will keep it for Japanese exclusives (Shenmue, Yakuza) which does look strong.
What exactly is your point? So because you don't care of ps4 exclusive, it's better play multiplat at 900p? That's a weird perspective of the things.

xion4360

10. Life is Strange (PS4, best console version)

is Life is Strange better on PS4? I looked around for comparisons and played the demo for both and they seemed to be pretty much the same so I snagged it on XONE for $10.

What exactly is your point? So because you don't care of ps4 exclusive, it's better play multiplat at 900p? That's a weird perspective of the things.

His point is he is content with his XONE which he probably chose over PS4 to start with because of games like Halo and Forza or just his own gaming circle and doesn't need to buy a PS4 until an important enough game is released. Why is that hard to get? I did the same but the other way around.

Xenus

I'm not suggesting this is some genuine change of heart, because he loves us.

Ultimately being in the weaker position about these deals when it comes to that means you have to get creative with your budget and I like it when publishers get creative.
They are clearly trying to appeal to the enthusiast audience nowadays and I think that's only good, as I'm one of those.

More games created in total instead of locked by multiplatform publishers means the chances that one of them appeals to me is higher than before.

Yeah it was great anytime more games are created rather then Money being tied up in marketing deals or exclusives that may not have enough return on investment to be worth it let alone to finance more games. I was just pointing out that the change in philosophy wasn't of altruistic motives but more of forced by market conditions.

benny_a

Uncharted was pushed back to almost half of 2016 and makes me realize why I don't sell my PS4 for an XBO or Wii U.
I would just do it. Always follow your heart when it comes to this. It's just how you spend your leisure time with entertainment and if you get so far as regretting a purchase I think it's usually best to just cut it out of your life.

Jumeira

Banned

That's not what I said at all.

Reasons to justify a PS4 purchase at the moment, for me, I can't given most of the games id purchase on it is available on my x1. Until UC4 comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom