• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F-ZERO (SNES) is 30 cents FEB 20th to MAR 21st on the Wii U eShop

arit

rtIdp3C.jpg

Failed the 2nd lap

meppi

3DS too?! Sweet! Also, more F-Zero while download is pending :p

Edit: Are you guys using the rival bump boost "cheat"?

Yeah, I downloaded both MH demos this afternoon and somehow did better on the 3DS than on WiiU version. Might have to try it with the nunchuck and wiimote though as I'm used to playing Tri like that. Stopped when the Ultimate version was announced though.

I'm playing F-Zero in practice mode btw, without any other crafts on the course.

I'm really enjoying this game,
Now I understand the fzero love! Wish it was two player though!

See, 30 cents well spent :)

If you crave for more, there is F-Zero X on the Wii VC, or try to get a used copy of GX if you have a Wii or Gamecube. Both support 4 player and both have freaking 30(!) racers on track. Play those to fully understand the love some of us have for the franchise.

Robin64

YES!

I'll make something proper, with nice easy PHP/SQL entry and stuff (so I don't have to keep editing the raw HTML file) and our contests will be glorious.

kitzkozan

Strange.. i don´t have any artifacts at all. Overall, this game is my gaming highlight in 2013 so far. I own my Wii U since launch day but now it has really "clicked". It´s just an awesome emulation of one of my favorite games of all time. 60 Herz, a Nintendo D-Pad, no lag at all and all of this playable in my bed.

This game is just perfect. Supertight controls, the best F-Zero Soundtrack of all time and and and.

I love it.

For 30 cents it's a steal, even if I still have my SNES cartridge. :p Wii U virtual console is the optimal way to play these old school classics imo. :D (perfect on the smaller screen of the gamepad).

Robin64

Are you guys going to go on to other tracks for score? I'm game to be in the Death Wind 1 leaderboards.

There is some stuff on the other tracks already but the first track in racers always seems to be the "main" one that people compete on. I guess because they are so simple they are the purest. Anyway, room for all tracks for sure!

Jethro

Seeing those fabulous times on Mute City, I hope you guys accomplished that without using a rival :/ That doesn't feel right, isn't it?

Jucksalbe

Banned
For my best times on Mute City and Big Blue I used a rival. I don't think you can really get much below 2'03 without one. For the other tracks (will post my times for them later), I turned the rival off because it was bothering me more than it was helping.

Katsuragi

F-Zero is such a timeless game! The soundtrack is probably among the Super Nintendo's most iconic ones and the gameplay aged fairly well. Thumbs up!

thomaser

I really loved those little background when I first played the game 21 years ago. Especially the one for Port Town, with those weird city-in-a-pita things way back there. Also, the huge tusks sticking up from the ground in Death Wind. It was all so mysterious.

The enemy AI is literally destroying me on the 5th King cup track... (Thank you Restore Point)

Is Practice mode only available on 7 tracks?

CDX

this would be also a good chance to ask in Miiverse for a re-release of BS F-Zero 2 since that never showed on Wii's VC.

I wasn't aware that F-Zero had two separate "SNES" sequels.

*sigh* I wish Nintendo would release all the BS (Japan's abbreviation for Broadcast Satellite) games on the VC both in Japan and internationally. It's a shame none of the BS games were ever officially released outside of Japan.

What's different in "BS F-Zero" compared to "BS F-Zero 2"?

BS F-Zero Grand Prix
7uwUYg8.png

VzPAfh2.jpg

BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2
pZkdOL3.png

Tehalemi

OT, but a few mentioned it, and I'm all for doing Super Metroid completion times/percentage completed leader boards when it comes out.

Also thank god for restore points in this game. :O

aceface

Hey, on the high scores page, can I go back and post the scores from the cart when I was a kid? No way I can get times that good again, lol.

I really loved those little background when I first played the game 21 years ago. Especially the one for Port Town, with those weird city-in-a-pita things way back there. Also, the huge tusks sticking up from the ground in Death Wind. It was all so mysterious.

I always loved those too! Port Town was a favorite, and I love Sand Oceans giant snail shell too. Silences ruins were awesome as well.

The backgrounds combined with the music was fantastic.

Frolow

Banned
What's different in "BS F-Zero" compared to "BS F-Zero 2"?

BS F-Zero is essentially the same game as the originally except with 4 different vehicles and 1 new track.

BS F-Zero 2 has a completely new "Ace" league and the same 4 vehicles as BS F-Zero.

Brera

Banned
Came out in Europe too. Nabbed one from the Stars Catalogue a while back but not had anything good to use it with. Until now!

XCVLhIb.jpg

Couple on ebay...I might bite at some stage. Greatest pad ever made.

Been playing this right now. As awesome and as playable as ever. Still the best Fzero and that's not nostalgia talking!

Eric C

I think this now might be my favorite F-Zero. Maybe.

I'm surprised by just how much fun I'm having playing this game.

Yes Boss!

So amazing the art and stuff in the game. Kinda reminds a bit of Space Harrier in that sense...of course F-Zero is a billion times better than Space Harrier, though.

Top Bottom