• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear over the clash of 9/11 anniversary and Eid (End of Ramadan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

ShinobiFist said:
This is getting out of fucking hand. Islam is not terrorism. Cut the fucking bullshit already. America should stop pointing fingers at "Islam" and point the fingers at themselves. New Yorkers that work in wall st(like myself)at the time knows what the fuck went down that day. I lost a lot of co-workers that day. Jet fuel my ass brought those buildings down. Islam is the new "N****r" for this generation. America, don't change.
Oooh, please elaborate...

Prine

Banned
Zapages said:
It is kind of scary because we had police standing in front of our mosque for protection for all the prayers that were there on Friday.

tut tut, an issue orchestrated by bigots is costing the city thousands of dollars here. For no reason. Ignorant Americans are only harming themselves.

SmokyDave said:
Oooh, please elaborate...
Elaborate on what? You're probably one of those fellows that still believe on the "Magic Bullet" theory on JFK don't you. I was there, you wasn't. All you saw was BBC footage son.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
From an outsiders perspective its really hard to tell whether all this stuff is really an issue or just a very vocal minority with some "influental" support :S. Could someone enlighten me? Are these all legitimate concerns or blown way out of proportion?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oh god, truther bullshit. We need a "I like where this thread is going" pic that includes some kind of massive detour into a different shitstorm.

Imbrahim Hooper, another spokesman for CAIR, told msnbc.com that it is only after “times of severe crisis” like the Oklahoma City bombing or September 11 terrorist attacks that the organization has seen such an uptick in hate crimes against the Muslim community.
Wait, there was an uptick in hate crimes against Muslims after the Oklahoma City bombing?

Mecha_Infantry said:
I don understand this. Are that group against Eid being moved because they shouldn't bow to pressure, or are they against it being so close because they are celebrating Eid??
It's basically the same shit as the opposition saying a mosque two blocks to ground zero is unacceptable while also protesting mosques everywhere else in the country.

If it's the latter, why have that name as a group??
George Orwell was right.

ShinobiFist said:
Elaborate on what? You're probably one of those fellows that still believe on the "Magic Bullet" theory on JFK don't you. I was there, you wasn't. All you saw was BBC footage son.
:lol

Oh shit, a real live Truther! Awesome

SmokyDave

FleckSplat said:
Beware the Eid of September...?
:lol This was awesome.

ShinobiFist said:
I don't know what I believe yet, it's about 30 years too early to decide. Think of me as an empty vessel and fill me with truth...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm not really surprised by truthers... I have a lot of hippie friends, and believe it or not it's rampant in that community these days.

I usually just nod my head and mumble something about steel support structures... cuz I can usually fuck without a condom and dreadlocks make great blowjob handles.

Kagari said:
dark_chris said:
Anyways, this whole anti-islam crap is utterly retarded and stupid. Seriously, I am waiting till this shit hits rock bottom.
BocoDragon said:
This world is fucking juvenile, that this is even an issue.
It's like religion is supposed to be the console fanboyism of the planet.
SmokyDave said:
America Vs. Islam: Round 11.
The speed that anti-islamic sentiment in the US has grown is remarkable.
This isn’t the worst yet. We haven't hit rock bottom, but will do so on 9/11. It will be fucking crazy this year. Not only because Eid and the anniversary are on the same day, but also because this fine gentleman is planning a burn a quran party at his church.

Prine

Banned
RustyNails said:
This isn’t the worst yet. We haven't hit rock bottom, but will do so on 9/11. It will be fucking crazy this year. Not only because Eid and the anniversary are on the same day, but also because this fine gentleman is planning a burn a quran party at his church.

Shades if Genghis Khan there :lol

Amory Blaine said:
I'm 99% sure he's joking.

Yeah, it looks like you're probably right. Initially it was hard to tell, there are a lot of people out there that think that so it was plausible that he was serious.

Edit: Ah, so he definitely was then. Good show! :lol

Cartman86 said:
Jews shouldn't celebrate Hanukkah on Christmas. It's disrespectful to Jesus who they killed right?

cartmanGAF.jpg

All too easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom