• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*EID MUBARAK!* RAMADAN 2015 |OT| Come with me if you want to fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Eid mubarak everyone.

Got a little eidi for ya'll.

First 5 muslims (sorry non-muslims, this ones for ppl who celebrate eid only) to PM me can get a steam game of their choice out of the two following.

We've used California sightings before, though. That's baffling. Why is it suddenly not feasible to base the day of Eid on something we've used before? That alone makes me question whether the choice for Eid on Saturday was a decision based on convenience for all the M-F 9-5 workers.

Regardless, if we don't count California suddenly now, were there not claimed sightings way east of the world (e.g. Malaysia, Australia)? Places significantly AHEAD of us? And then Colombia which is only an hour behind us? Chile, as well?

Toronto isn't a city in which we commonly see the moon - if we limited it to being in our "vicinity" we'd always go 30 days no matter what.

E: I don't mean to come off cross or anything, it just confused me. Regardless, Eid Mubarak to everyone no matter when you celebrate. This Ramadan has been a memorable one for me, and I hope you all have a fantastic Eid.
I completely agree.

Past couple of days has been rife with moon wars in my community. It is beyond ridiculous.

Belated Eid Mubarak, GAF!

Was a tough month and I wish I was able to keep more fasts. Nonetheless, happy to be surrounded by friends and family.

convo1_1.png

convo2_1.png

convo3_1.png

Can you just politely tell him that you know your workplace better than he does and also to kindly sod off? I mean your boss allowed it so whats the problem. Anyway, what's a panjabi?
he's 10+ years older than me and has worked in the corporate world much longer than I have. But, I don't think that should excuse a condescending attitude and disregarding anything that I may know and acting as if I know nothing about it just because I disagree.

I wore something like this

479.jpg

Haha I call it panjabi as well. Artisan, are you also bengali? Also, I think your cousin is needlessly upset.

Black ones with a scarf = swag on a thousand trillion.

For a second I thought it was some cross between a pajama and hijab. I see no problem with that dress.

Btw what's everyone's resolution after Ramadan? Mine was to incorporate 4~5 ayaats of Quran before each prayer and attend the mosque during fajr and isha as much as I can. There's also gym and study goals in the mix.

For me, its just being nicer to people, swearing less, and being more patient. I also plan on learning arabic. I knew how to read arabic but I never understood what I was reading so I think it would be cool to learn the language properly.

I also lost about 20lbs on keto :3 So I plan on continuing to eat healthy.

Anon67

For a second I thought it was some cross between a pajama and hijab. I see no problem with that dress.

Btw what's everyone's resolution after Ramadan? Mine was to incorporate 4~5 ayaats of Quran before each prayer and attend the mosque during fajr and isha as much as I can. There's also gym and study goals in the mix.

Consistently pray the sunnah for Fajr and generally clean up my Fajr prayer. I tended to just go through it very quickly since I wanted to go back to sleep. Not anymore, for the time being.

done.
x3CU2lH.gif

whats good bhai
apneo bangali?
What an idiot. I'm not a Muslim but at my office when they come in for holidays dressed in traditional garb it's nothing but a water cooler conversation piece. "Why the fancy clothes today? Oh it's because etc etc have a nice day"
He's not an idiot, he is very knowledgable and I respect him for those things but here I just think he was being petty - your example is even more proof.

@Artisan, is this the same cousin you screenshotted convos of previously? I dunno, seems like this guy has a chip on his shoulder. One of those, "you damn youths getting away with things I personally don't agree with and nobody really cares about because I'm just stuck up my own ass". Your boss approved, don't see why your cousin is getting all anal over it.

@Artisan, is this the same cousin you screenshotted convos of previously? I dunno, seems like this guy has a chip on his shoulder. One of those, "you damn youths getting away with things I personally don't agree with and nobody really cares about because I'm just stuck up my own ass". Your boss approved, don't see why your cousin is getting all anal over it.
He definitely has that I know better than you attitude. It's like someone pricked his ego.

Sch1sm

Mine is to keep up with praying. I have a tendency of falling off soon after the month ends.

He definitely has that I know better than you attitude. It's like someone pricked his ego.

no, no no guys this is not the same person. the person I screenshotted first is a friend of mine who is religious and can be condescending in that way. This person is my cousin who is basically my brother and he's not really religious at all, has been working a corporate world for a long time and is much older than me.

however, rustynails, they both have said attitude you're speaking of, just in different perspectives. now, I'm not saying there's no good to them whatsoever - I love my brother and he's done a LOT for me, but that doesn't mean he has to be that way with me. As for my friend, I give him less credit although again he's more religious than me and I respect that but he's still far from perfect.

After my licensing exam, hopefully I can go back to 5 times at the masjid. It sucks that we moved away from our old masjid which I absolutely loved as it was always packed and there'd be at least 50 people for Fajr and the imam would recite a different and extended part of the Qur'an every Fajr.

Starting a good deed is easy. Maintaining it is difficult, especially once you do stop.

"Upon you is that which you have the ability to do. By Allah, Allah will never become bored, and will thus continue to reward you until you yourself become bored with doing good deeds. Verily, the most beloved Deen to Allah is that which an individual is the most consistent upon." -Bukhari

May Allah grant us steadfastness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom