• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*EID MUBARAK!* RAMADAN 2015 |OT| Come with me if you want to fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

How do you workout during Ramadan ?

I ask this every year and yet somehow haven't started doing a single thing and gaining weight every day. Specially more in Ramadan
I usually do it one or two hours after break. You can definitely do it much sooner if you don't eat too much food or drink too much liquid during breakfasting.
Time to confess. Since the age of 11 or 12, I was fasting everyday while Ramadan (I'm 21 now) with really no problem at all. But since last year, I really started to really not appreciate it and wonder why I do that even though I'm not really into Islam (most of my family is actually). And this year for the first time, I started to drink water during the day and even ate a sandwich yesterday, feels bad to hide it from my family but I'm really not as much into this anymore. And if it wasn't enough, I never felt as weak as I ever was during Ramadan, I eat not that much during the night and my sleep schedule is completely disturbed (I sleep really early which is not really great when you can only eat at 10pm). Anyway I just doesn't like to fast anymore and I think this is the last year I will do it. I wonder if anything (has) felt the same here.
I feel something similar, but not in the case of Ramadhan since I like the mood and all of that (plus it is good chance to slim down my weight). It is prayer where I sometimes thought "why I should do this when I never had a khusyuk prayer?" and that occasionally making me skip prayers. But I still do it though. While my other told me to not do it at all rather than doing halfheartedly I just remember that the latter is a lesser evil compared to the former. Maybe I'll got that khusuk prayer someday, that's what I told to myself everytime.

Kids and their fantasies

http://i.imgur.com/jz5RRLP.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is amazing and adorable.

====

I eat something wrong and it upset my stomach now.
Probably have to break my fast if I go to the bathroom to more times.

So I prayed all 20 Taraweeh yesterday. At the end, Imam recited a dua and afterwards, he led a wajib prayer which was the first time I've seen. It had 3 rakats and he recited fatiha in all three, and also tacked in a fourth takbir (like starting a new salah) after the 3rd. Anyone know what this is?

Ashes

Banned
So I prayed all 20 Taraweeh yesterday. At the end, Imam recited a dua and afterwards, he led a wajib prayer which was the first time I've seen. It had 3 rakats and he recited fatiha in all three, and also tacked in a fourth takbir (like starting a new salah) after the 3rd. Anyone know what this is?

witr.

Tizoc

My older sister got back from Europe and is currently at the hospital, apparently she collapsed from exhaustion.
I'm praying for her quick recovery in these last few days.

Hope all your family and relatives are doing well too fellow GAFfers.

Hm, never prayed one behind an imam. Third fatiha recitation threw me off.

my understanding was that it's to differentiate it from maghrib but I was told that a long time ago so it's probably not right. It's like how people pray one rakah with a dua after Isha for witr

Man, we're on the last 10 days already.

how the time flies... bring on eid and the diabetes!!!
Yea it flew so quickly! can't believe we're less than 10 days till eid already
My older sister got back from Europe and is currently at the hospital, apparently she collapsed from exhaustion.
I'm praying for her quick recovery in these last few days.

Hope all your family and relatives are doing well too fellow GAFfers.
May Allah grant her a speedy recovery and make it easy on her.
my understanding was that it's to differentiate it from maghrib but I was told that a long time ago so it's probably not right. It's like how people pray one rakah with a dua after Isha for witr
Yea. Also the other way to do it is to pray two rakaat then one after.

Thankfully yes. He was with some of my uncle and aunts. Most of our family is back home so they were able to be there for him. While his death was kind of suspicious, he passed relatively peacefully. I was told he passed in the middle of a conversation with one of my uncles. He was just talking about some errands he wanted my uncle to do and then when he finished his sentence, just closed his eyes and passed.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know very well how powerless you can feel. The lowest I've felt was when my grandmother passed about 2 years ago. I was financially and emotionally in a terrible place and when she passed it broke me. I'm thankful that I had enough money (basically had to deplete my savings) to send my mom back home so my grandmother could spend her last few weeks with her. I'm in a much better position now Alhamdulliah but I can't help but feel like I could have done more for both of my grandparents. Its irrational but I'm sometimes like "if only I did X, Y, Z" and it kinda eats away at me.

I think the best thing you can do for your mom right now is to make her life easier any way you can. Take on some of her workload, or even just listen to her. She needs as much support as you can give her. Perhaps even try to talk with your grandmother as you never know when you'll get your chance again. I'll pray for you and your family.
Thank you. Any dua is much appreciated.

I wish I had the sort of money to be able to send my mother to see her mother, but I'm just a bank teller. I'm not sure I have enough even in my savings. I got a dyson vacuum for her recently, but I still don't really do much around the house. So what I really could do is help out my mother more in the house. She already does so much - tends to her garden (which is her passion), cleans the house, cooks for my father and I for ceri and iftar, and she works full time in retail. And I really hate that she does that because in 2006, she broke her ankle and it's healed since then but that happened to her at 49, so her foot's never been the same. and just knowing that she walks around like with it all day just depresses me when I think about it. Ah, this is isn't something to talk about here. Like I said, I may just make a new thread for it. But again, thanks.
Kids and their fantasies

jz5RRLP.jpg
3938688-super+islamic+heros.jpg

mosque in india did this all the time.

Thank you. Any dua is much appreciated.

I wish I had the sort of money to be able to send my mother to see her mother, but I'm just a bank teller. I'm not sure I have enough even in my savings. I got a dyson vacuum for her recently, but I still don't really do much around the house. So what I really could do is help out my mother more in the house. She already does so much - tends to her garden (which is her passion), cleans the house, cooks for my father and I for ceri and iftar, and she works full time in retail. And I really hate that she does that because in 2006, she broke her ankle and it's healed since then but that happened to her at 49, so her foot's never been the same. and just knowing that she walks around like with it all day just depresses me when I think about it. Ah, this is isn't something to talk about here. Like I said, I may just make a new thread for it. But again, thanks.
3938688-super+islamic+heros.jpg

Always try your best to help out. you are young work hard that is all I did. Until they were satisfied. They retired before 60 alhamdolilah. Moms are always super strong. Same was and is with mine. Full time job and whole thing. Never seen her tired.

Feels like the beginning of a story.

Went to Taraweeh and there was a bird in the masjid just flying around near the ceiling. Not sure how it got in there or how it'll get out..

Care to elaborate?

4 years ago I got into a bad ass car accident which turned out to be my fault, with two other cars involved. (i'm a bank teller) today someone came into the bank who I kinda recognized and suspected was one of 3 people involved in the accident. so i took him, and he wanted to deposit an insurance check made payable to him...with my father's name on it. for almost 5 grand. he didn't recognize me, but right then and there I knew what check was for.

up until this time i can say I had a pretty good time doing this teller job, but after that point I got really.. eh, depressed. i thought everything about that accident was done and gone, but obviously it hadn't. my parents are already in such a bad financial state, and this insurance check will probably make the monthly payments come down on my father harder.
Always try your best to help out. you are young work hard that is all I did. Until they were satisfied. They retired before 60 alhamdolilah. Moms are always super strong. Same was and is with mine. Full time job and whole thing. Never seen her tired.
my mom is a very hard working woman and she's fully capable of working, but she has a bad foot. that's why it bothers me that we can't afford to have her not work.

Sajjaja

Just came home from taraweeh with my Dad. Someone stole his sandals.....from the masjid......during taraweeh...in the last 10 days of Ramadan.....

Shengar

Just came home from taraweeh with my Dad. Someone stole his sandals.....from the masjid......during taraweeh...in the last 10 days of Ramadan.....

Why the hell this is happened everywhere.
My sandal have been safe for the past few years so I'm surprised this still happening.

some time it might just be same as other guy or by mistake. wait for tomorrow they might come back. it does happen a lot lol

It happens often to me in Makkah. If it happens there, I'm not surprised if it happens elsewhere.

Rule of thumb is to keep a shoe bag with you.

Happened to my dad the other day as well. We did find it today though. It's happened to me a few times as well and even one time I saw someone wearing them. What often happens is people will take off their shoes and put on random sandals to make wudu. They then end up putting them elsewhere.

To this day I've stopped putting my sandals near the wudu area and I've never had a problem since lol

Regginator

I wouldn't be so fast as to call it stealing though, especially if by any chance they're generic sandals. Some one might have mixed them up with their own sandals. It happens.

my grandmother continues to be in a not good state. my mother broke down in tears again and I continue feeling useless. she's also upset because her brother, my uncle who tends to my grandmother, is considering going on hajj while my grandmother is in this state.

my grandmother continues to be in a not good state. my mother broke down in tears again and I continue feeling useless. she's also upset because her brother, my uncle who tends to my grandmother, is considering going on hajj while my grandmother is in this state.
Make dua for her. Take advantage of the odd nights. It's all we can do.

How do you workout during Ramadan ?

I ask this every year and yet somehow haven't started doing a single thing and gaining weight every day. Specially more in Ramadan

I just started working out during Ramadan a couple of days ago and I just decided to go after I broke my fast for the day. Try not to eat too much before you go and you should be alright. The last time I worked out during the day a couple of Ramadan's ago I twisted my ankle plus not having nutrients after you workout is bad for muscle recovery.

Shengar

I just started working out during Ramadan a couple of days ago and I just decided to go after I broke my fast for the day. Try not to eat too much before you go and you should be alright. The last time I worked out during the day a couple of Ramadan's ago I twisted my ankle plus not having nutrients after you workout is bad for muscle recovery.

Yesterday I worked half and a hour after I broke my fast with full meal.
695267973924827462.gif

Thankfully my stomach is fine, it just a very unpleasant experience as I had to stopped it at 27 minutes mark/

Anyway, how long do you fast in countries where the day is much longer than the night?
I heard that a day in Sweden is 22 hours? Do you actually fast that long?

ya. i'm pretty sure it's prohibited no matter what, though. but yeah. no sex for 30 days

i thought it was no sex while fasting not the whole month?! Someone please clarify ;_;

Shitty Ramadan for me, I missed like 7 days due to a throat infection :/

Someday, I WILL fast for the whole month!

Welcome to the life of a Muslim woman. 8D Just look at it as God giving you a week long break and letting you do those days during an easier time, like December. Sleep til noon and fast til 5:30?aww yeah

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

At least this didn't happen to your dad while in Mecca. I tell you, stepping onto Mecca's roadway without sandal/shoes is a bad, bad idea, hahaha.

Certainly a day to remember though! Hahaha.

At least this didn't happen to your dad while in Mecca. I tell you, stepping onto Mecca's roadway without sandal/shoes is a bad, bad idea, hahaha.

Yeah... Sadly the roads are still worse as ever.

27th night today. Going to be tough. Hopefully I don't have to go to the bathroom post-maghraib.

Every time we go to Makkah or Madinah, we leave our shoes at the hotel or in the car and buy those cheapo 1-2 riyal (probably 5 riyals or more by now) slippers and wear those when out and about at the haramain. No real loss if they do get stolen.

Yesterday I worked half and a hour after I broke my fast with full meal.
695267973924827462.gif

Thankfully my stomach is fine, it just a very unpleasant experience as I had to stopped it at 27 minutes mark/

Yeah the body needs some time to digest a bit one time my brother ate a banana one time and went straight hard into abdominals exercises and he started puking. I've had similar experiences as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom