• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV's future updates adjust chapters, add cutscenes, add playable characters, more

Wait, when is this patch happening? Just got my copy in the post today so I might just hold out and play The Last Guardian and some other stuff first.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think one of the problem in that chapter is killing those soldiers with death is quite annoying so you are forced to used Altena (or whatever it's called). Making death work easier on those soldiers would make the chapter just (a tiny bit) less frustrating.
I guess, still hardly solves the core issue with ch 13.

Rozart

D:

...What chapter is that? Should I be taking it slow? When will that chapter update drop?

Those are some really fucking big changes. Kinda floored right now tbh.

Toth

I'm sure the New Game Plus or the 'capping' they are talking about will be a catalyst for people to replay the game and see any new stuff. I like that they are actually listening to concerns from the players to improve the game because it's a fantastic game that can become even better with more tweaking here and there.

Personally, I really would like save points in dungeons.

Mengetsu

Quick translation

Wait second half of the game with more voiced cut scenes? Everything in the game is voiced right now at least in chapter 5 i'm in. Does the voice acting just slow down or stop in the second half of the game? Should I really stop playing this game right now cause im enjoying myself...

Pappasman

Wait second half of the game with more voiced cut scenes? Everything in the game is voiced right now at least in chapter 5 i'm in. Does the voice acting just slow down or stop in the second half of the game? Should I really stop playing this game right now cause im enjoying myself...
Im on chapter 12 and there is full voice acting on everything.

I can't believe this omg

what??? What???

adjusting the story of a game that's already out?
jIzprei.gif

Ruff

jfc people, 13 isn't the end of the world like some people are making out. Sure it's a little repetitive and bland looking and I'd agree overly long but I appreciate the change in atmosphere and the feeling of being alone, becoming incrementally become stronger to fight back until you regroup with your friends. Having the big bad constantly taunting and toying with you is a nice change of pace and it actually pushed the story through quite hard. I'd take this over finding 3 random lightning trees for reasons and calling THAT a chapter.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

No, it's not that voicework stops. It's that the game needs considerably more cutscenes.

And by god, my wildest dreams came true. They're doing it.

Maxinas

All that development time and it still looks quite lacking, this is only further proof. I might pick up the game within a year or two when they actually finish the game.

Soulflarz

Banned
jfc people, 13 isn't the end of the world like some people are making out. Sure it's a little repetitive and bland looking and I'd agree overly long but I appreciate the change in atmosphere and the feeling of being alone until incrementally become stronger and you regroup it gives you. Having the big bad constantly taunting and toying with you is a nice change of pace and it actually pushed the story through quite hard. I'd take this over finding 3 random lightning trees for reasons and calling THAT a chapter.

Ah, thanks for reminding me
The two longest chapters are the two worst chapters

As someone above me said, can't wait for ffxv ARR

jimmypython

I will quote myself from the spoiler thread:

WHAT!? He said because it shipped 5m they will continue the support. And they are talking about fixing later parts first and adding story to the first part.

Essentially what they did was releasing an unfinished game and finishing it post release IF it sold well.

WTF.

In addition:

(1) Tabata might think it's a good idea to treat a single player game like a MMO for some reason

(2) This actually is in line with Tabata's root: mobile games. BCFF7 was episodic

It seems there's no low or shame with this developer/publisher.

rhandino

Banned
So is this game actually finished or what.
Its kind of like if Bioware released Mass Effect as a single game instead of a full Trilogy with the first half of the game being more or less Mass Effect 1 and then the 2nd half being a selection of random missions of 2 and 3 without giving you some important context which makes them fell fantasticaly flat at best and nonsensical at worst.

I still love the game even as a half shell right now. If they fix it, i'll be more than happy. But this isn't good news in the slightest for us. I mean, I'm on chapter
and nearly done the game I'm assuming..... so this should have been launch stuff. C'mon SE, you had a really long time to get it right with the game.

That all sounds pretty substantial. Seems like my favorite game of (at least) this gen will be that much better in the long run, and while I've never bought a season pass, that will no longer be the case thanks to FFXV.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Suddenly don't feel so bad about not buying the game yet. Looks like there's a lot still left on the table for this to be a complete experience.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
What makes Chapter 13 bad? A spoiler-free explanation (i.e. no story specifics), if possible, please.

This, uh...kinda makes me want to stop until these updates are out.

Also, avatar player character? Whaaaat?

That part sounds like it's referring the content in the Season Pass (perhaps the online mode?). But honestly, I'm not sure. That sounds like a crazy change to implement if it's for the main game, which makes me think that's just DLC stuff. But if it's not the DLC...whoa.

raven777

Yea I suggest people to stop playing at least the main story stuff in latter part of the game for now until patch hits.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
You know what that means:

FFXV coming to PC in 2017 isn't possible anymore. lol

cordy

Banned
Are you fucking serious

Stop playing right now people

Do not get up to that chapter until the patch hits

I repeat

DO NOT PLAY THE WORST CHAPTER IN FF HISTORY UNTIL IT'S FIXED

What
Wait
Wait
What?

I have the game, I bought it on Day 1 but I haven't played it yet. I've been beating other games until then to make way for it so I won't be distracted.

Are you saying I shouldn't touch it until this is done? Is it that bad? Whoa.

Edzi

I'm confused since all the important info is in spoiler tags. Should I just stop playing and wait for the updates? I'm only in chapter 2 so far.

Rozart

I'm sure the New Game Plus or the 'capping' they are talking about will be a catalyst for people to replay the game and see any new stuff. I like that they are actually listening to concerns from the players to improve the game because it's a fantastic game that can become even better with more tweaking here and there.

Personally, I really would like save points in dungeons.

I'm in the same boat. Just reached Chapter 5 and I'm really loving the game so far. If the chapter update is coming really soon, I'd rather put the game aside for a bit and just wait for the patch to drop.

Demoskinos

I was planning on starting this tomorrow....now its just like do I postpone playing even further to wait for this patch. =|

Top Bottom