• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII on Steam October 9th, $16; full trilogy by Spring 2015

zulux21

What are the chances Tales of Vesperia ever releases on PC?

It's more likely that we will hear word that microsoft has just bought up both nintendo and sony in the next 20 minutes then tales of vesperia ever hitting the PC.

As for a future tales game eventually hitting PC, there is a small chance as namco has been doing more with PC games with the naruto series, but the same line is repeated again and again with the tales series "Japan is what matters most" and in japan last i checked PC sales weren't good at all, thus I don't see that happening any time soon.

Either way more on topic, I will pick ff13 up as soon as I have confirmation that the japanese only patch that added easy mode is included, or a modder adds such a mode so that I can skip through the horrible combat that ff13 has and just experience the rest of the game @_@

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
#1 Top Seller. Within an hour.

Toriyama's Waifu reigns supreme.

Parsnip

I did my part. I should be able to sell my ps3 copy for that same price too.

Size seems like somewhere between the console versions, so I'm going to assume that the videos will look like they do on PS3, but that they used some more modern codecs to cut the size down a bit.

Mesoian

Honestly, at this price, anyone who didn't play it yet and enjoy RPGs... this is a must have.

Don't let the absurd hate some people give this game get to you. It has its flaws but its definitely an enjoyable ride, with a convoluted story, but a very good battle system, incredible graphics and music.

Its good more people will have the chance to play it now.

Impressive that its already #1 on Steam. Totally deserved too, because Square is making a lot of right moves in this TGS. I am impressed.

At 15 bucks, if you're curious, this deal is great.

I bet you if FF10HD was up there, that would beat this.

But it's not.

But it should be.

BUT IT SHOULD BE.

Linkark07

Banned
Go screw yourself SE. First 360, and now PC. What happened to you? Hopefully your offices will close soon...

Good to see the trilogy is coming to PC. But I will stick to my PS3 version. I really don't want to play FFXIII again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WE DID IT GUYS!!!!!!!

uTCFMVn.png

I think FFXIII is a fun game. Not the best ever or anything, just fun. Great music.

Buuuut I can understand some of the hate from disappointed fanatics.

Glass Rebel

With the money I get from my PS3 version and the 10% off this is cheap enough to fuck around a bit with the battle system and send a message to SE.

Great news. As someone who loved XIII I would definitely try it out at a better resolution and framerate. I found XIII to be the most polished but still had a lot of fun with XIII-2 and LR.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just can't believe I'm actually going to experience Caius in amazing graphics... I can't believe it

I fucking love XIII-2 so much, top 3 last gen so fucking hard

Raitningz

looking at the top list right now... it wouldn't be surprising if you only needed a few thousand copies sold in order to make number 1 right now.

Yeah, this ^

I mean, CS: GO and L4D2 were selling top before that, and those are games that have been there forever.

Zafir

Probably a bit of a silly question but still; Run time lock as in I'll need to periodically connect to the internet to reactivate the game?
I work at sea, so anything that needs repeated internet access is pretty much useless to me :(

As in you'd need to use a proxy to launch the game. :/

SirNinja

Awesome news! These games will look stunning on PC, and the price for XIII is much better than I expected.

I'm starting to think Final Fantasy XV PC is a question of when, not if.

z1ggy

While you are at it, also buy Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky. One of the best JRPGs out there. Take dem jrpgs to the top of Steam.

Also, wow at #1 already.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Clarification: Steam's Top Sellers lists (they're region-specific) are ordered by revenue, not per-unit sales, which means FFXIII is selling significantly more copies than Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (which is full price and fifth on Steam US).

zulux21

You know what would be hilarious? If Bamco saw this and ported Tales of Vesperia to PC.

:x

if they were going to knee jerk react port any tales game to the pc it would be tales of zestiria which they are already talking about maybe porting to the ps4 at some point anyways. just let vesperia rest in peace already.

UnrealEck

While you are at it, also buy Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky. One of the best JRPGs out there. Take dem jrpgs to the top of Steam.

Also, wow at #1 already.

People will think I'm a dick for this but I'd only support more modern ports of Japanese games. I'm sick of all the 16 and 32-bit console era games.

Dascu

Not sure how many copies they've sold so far, but they're likely covering the cost of the port real soon. Maybe they have already!

Clarification: Steam's Top Sellers lists (they're region-specific) are ordered by revenue, not per-unit sales, which means FFXIII is selling significantly more copies than Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (which is full price and fifth on Steam US).

That game has bomba written all over it, unfortunately (
or not?
).

Glass Rebel

if they were going to knee jerk react port any tales game to the pc it would be tales of zestiria which they are already talking about maybe porting to the ps4 at some point anyways. just let vesperia rest in peace already.

But that wouldn't be remotely funny.

eIvgZYH.png

Halfway to the full series, guys. Keep 'em coming, Square, and throw us some spin-offs and Kingdom Hearts too.

I think Final Fantasy Tactics and maybe FFX and X-2 HD have a very real chance to appear on Steam eventually.

Top Bottom