• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae 2.0 coming in May | Trailer at E3, more at Gamescom

To me it didn't really seem like they were going to be changing things left and right based on feedback, a lot of the issues that players had started being addressed before they even received the feedback. And it sounds like they expect things to work themselves out over time with careful tweaking. Or in the case of difficulty and the camera, they are going to give the player options, so I don't really see any problem in that.
Camera and difficulty options are not the problems though.

I'm talking about them backing down from their own systems.

Hopefully it won't feel like a cheap knock-off of a wannabe character-action game by the day this game comes out. At this point this is all I can hope for...

pszet0

Banned
Promotion for the main game will begin at Gamescom.

cant-wait.gif

AESplusF

Yeah I get it, I don't want them to head in that kind of direction either, but it just sounds like they won't to me, Tabata didn't really seem eager to totally overhaul the game based on feedback

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah I get it, I don't want them to head in that kind of direction either, but it just sounds like they won't to me, Tabata didn't really seem eager to totally overhaul the game based on feedback

That would cost entirely too much money and time at this point. They have a deadline to keep.

Monocle

As long as there are moist anime boys, I'm in.

But really. The first demo looked very good (I watched Chip Cheezum's stream), despite the issues listed in the OP. I'm glad the devs are aware of them and actively attempting to improve the game based on player feedback.

Srsly tho, how about those boys?

So basically SE crowdsourced their gameplay and focus group testing on people who willingly gave them money to participate? That's certainly clever, and since they honestly seem to be putting work into research and improvements I don't even mind any more. Of course this is assuming the finished game DOES eventually come out.

The "normal for a mechanic" outfit is totally true... If 90% of the fabric wasn't cut away, and lol those boots. So they're only halfway lost there. Frankly, my expectations for her character were so low that when I saw the look she had I thought "well, it could have been worse" (and considered that a positive reaction, sigh). I'd be happy with either the tops or bottoms being a normal length and design! Hoping for both I'd might as well wait for hell to freeze over, and, seriously/unfortunately, I'd never expect that that much out of any video game.
A long as there are moist anime boys, I'm in.
As long as its equal opportunity and gender-neutral sexual exploitation they get my respect for consistency. At least go all the way with it if you're going to keep it!

Geg

Er, I just watched the part where they talk about Cidney and they don't ever say they think her clothes are normal because she's a mechanic. Where did that interpretation come from?

Was that whole argument over something that was never actually said?

Aeana

Er, I just watched the part where they talk about Cidney and they don't ever say they think her clothes are normal because she's a mechanic. Where did that interpretation come from?

Was that whole argument over something that was never actually said?

That's the only part that apparently wasn't said. The other part about her not intended to be an erotic character was said. And that stuff I just posted above. And some other stupidity.

This just in: In the name of gender equality, Cindy will be a permanent member of the party, and all party members will be shirtless.
Holy shit. Would pre-order in an INSTANT. Support gender-neutral gaming, everyone!
Why not just make everyone unreasonably erotic, you might ask? Why not indeed!

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Why are you trying to ruin this game Europe

Geg

That's the only part that apparently wasn't said. The other part about her not intended to be an erotic character was said.

That's at least a little believable given likely language/cultural differences about what's considered erotic. More so than "she's a mechanic so the clothes are normal" lol

But yeah the other thing you posted was pretty bad

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Yeah, I get the impression the tone of this game is going to be pretty horrendous between this and the total "lol who cares" response to what was apparently Europe's #1 complaint.

They're not interested in taking feedback seriously, and don't even seem to understand that people could want women as party members for reasons other than being sex objects.

Shahed

They've listed pretty much all the problems I had with it pretty much in the order I typed it as well. I'm surprised yet but kind of pleased that Cindy's questionable design was brought up as a major complaint. I figured I'd be among the minority. Still compared to everything else I complained about they might not acually improve on this one sadly

Hopeford

This is kind of disappointing. It seems like they think that people want a female character in the party for...completely different reasons. I'm totally fine(and even like) the whole all-male party, but this comment really rubs me the wrong way. I really hope this was just a lost-in-translation thing or something, because that seems so ridiculously tone deaf.

Crocodile

If the aim is truly to have a "road trip for the bros" theme/narrative to the game (and they pull it off) I don't think excluding permanent female party members is a problem.

I still have no idea what they were trying to say to that response above though. Like huh? The hell?

A pretty shitty joke lost in translation?

You know what? Sod it, don't explain don't try to justify, just keep Cidney the way she is.

What I'm more interested is what's going on with Stella/Luna/are-they-the-same-character?

Aeana

If the aim is truly to have a "road trip for the bros" theme/narrative to the game (and they pull it off) I don't think excluding permanent female party members is a problem.

I still have no idea what they were trying to say to that response above though. Like huh? The hell?
The dude thinks that the only reason to have a female character in the party is for eye candy. I mean, I know it's a really crappy viewpoint, but it's very clear what he means.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

They think people are requesting female party members because they want hot chicks to look at, so they're confused as to why people complained about the hot chick mechanic.

pszet0

Banned
Is this just gonna turn into another OMG Cindy's design is sexist thread? I'd like to talk about the actual game and the other number of things that they addressed in this presentation.

Aeana

Is this just gonna turn into another OMG Cindy's design is sexist thread? I'd like to talk about the actual game and the other number of things that they addressed in this presentation.

Then feel free to discuss them rather than whining about what other people are talking about.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
The dude thinks that the only reason to have a female character in the party is for eye candy. I mean, I know it's a really crappy viewpoint, but it's very clear what he means.

I know there are a million and one valid reasons to harp on BioWare, but this kind of integral misunderstanding just makes me want to stand up and start hugging all my BioWare games by comparison.

Maybe in another decade, Square.

Well, the guy that said that was the marketer. Tabata's stance on there being a female party member was that the game is set around those four people, and that won't change. But there will be guest party members, like Cor, and you'll see the group dynamic change when it's not just those four. He thinks it'll be interesting to see how the characters interact when someone else is thrown into the mix.

Crocodile

They think people are requesting female party members because they want hot chicks to look at, so they're confused as to why people complained about the hot chick mechanic.

I can't watch the video right now but they seem pretty straight faced (there's a smile at the end but not the "I'm making a joke" smile I feel) in the photos which makes it seem like its not a dumb joke. That's......pretty stupid of them.......

.JayZii

Banned
Nope. That's what he said.
That is what he said, but you did cut out a bit of the conversation where it sounds like Tabata is confused about the two points literally being put together like that by the other guy. The two sentence fragments together could kind of read like, "Cindy is too sexy, put that woman in the party!", which could seem like an odd bit of feedback. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They seemed to say they wouldn't be emphasizing her sexiness going forward, which I interpreted as some more tastefully done camera angles. I think that would help quite a bit. Maybe I'm giving them all too much credit.

Seemed like an overall positive and realistic reaction to feedback overall, so I'm not feeling so worried about the game's progress going forward.

pszet0

Banned
I know there are a million and one valid reasons to harp on BioWare, but this kind of integral misunderstanding just makes me want to stand up and start hugging all my BioWare games by comparison.

Maybe in another decade, Square.

Are we talking about the same game franchise here? You know the one that is filled with a number of strong female characters in their games. Hell, the last mainline title just had a trilogy staring strong female characters as the leads.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, I get the impression the tone of this game is going to be pretty horrendous between this and the total "lol who cares" response to what was apparently Europe's #1 complaint.

They're not interested in taking feedback seriously, and don't even seem to understand that people could want women as party members for reasons other than being sex objects.

I said this in a different thread and Falk echoed it here but most of the stuff they talk about are tweaks they were working on anyway. The survey was nothing more than a validation for what they were already doing.

Aeana

That is what he said, but you did cut out a bit of the conversation where it sounds like Tabata is confused about the two points literally being put together like that by the other guy. The two sentence fragments together could kind of read like, "Cindy is too sexy, put that woman in the party!", which could seem like an odd bit of feedback. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They seemed to say they wouldn't be emphasizing her sexiness going forward, which I interpreted as some more tastefully done camera angles. I think that would help quite a bit. Maybe I'm giving them all too much credit.

Seemed like an overall positive and realistic reaction to feedback overall, so I'm not feeling so worried about the game's progress going forward.

It's clear that perhaps Tabata doesn't feel quite the same way, but the guy who said it let his views on women shine through more than just that one time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Are we talking about the same game franchise here? You know the one that is filled with a number of strong female characters in their games. Hell, the last mainline title just had a trilogy staring strong female characters as the leads.

I thought you were here to talk about mechanics and other topics they addressed.

tensuke

Sweet, never expected an update to the demo... This is pretty cool! Shows that Square is listening. Even if the game takes a while to come out, at least it should be better in the long run.

I liked Noctis' voice, it reminded me a lot of Tieria Erde from Gundam 00. Also #TeamCidney

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

Alright, I suppose that's fair. I do indeed rather dig Yuna. (Well, not so much her X-2 schtick, but that's another story.) Elhaym, Tifa, Aerith, Garnet, Celes, Agrias, Freya... the list goes on.

It's still a grievous sort of disconnect re: marketing, though, and it could still reflect within the scope of this game. I think we're probably safe, but that was a heck of an odd segment.

Cyan, you do the Maker's work. If there were a global brawl to determine who leads the Drazi for the next five years, you'd win with ease.

Top Bottom