• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Blade Runner 2049 impressions

Hopefully this is a huge success so he can start doing whatever the hell he wants instead of being attached to every popular property. He still needs that very big hit.

Yeah, those fucking known properties like Arrival, Prisoners, Sicario, and Enemy. Those classic franchise staples.

He probably would have chose something very different from Prisoners or Sicario to do if he could do what he wants. A certain creative freedom is only achieved after a certain level of (commercial) success that he is clearly chasing.

He probably would have chose something very different from Prisoners or Sicario to do if he could do what he wants. A certain creative freedom is only achieved after a certain level of (commercial) success that he is clearly chasing.

Maybe. I'm glad you can speak for the man, though. Believe it or not, being Christopher Nolan is not necessarily the endgame for every director out there.

You could click the hyperlinks and see for yourself...

Wasn't so spotty you couldn't post twice instead of just reading, tho.

Damn guys, he's just asking a simple question, not being accusatory of them. Twitter tends to error when viewing it on mobile for me even when on local networks. A simple "yes these people are credible." would suffice. Dunno why yall gotta be so hostile.

Any word on how much of the film is in IMAX?

It's gonna be like Skyfall where the AR will be opened up to 1.9:1

Ryan_OrangeDesert_Social_700x369.gif

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Damn guys, he's just asking a simple question, not being accusatory of them. Twitter tends to error when viewing it on mobile for me even when on local networks. A simple "yes these people are credible." would suffice. Dunno why yall gotta be so hostile.
They're trying to prove they're not replicants through their emotional responses. Quick, get the VK!

DirtyCase

DV has been the answer to my cinimatic dreams. I didnt even know I wanted to watch a film like Sicario, now its in my top 10 of all time.
I enjoyed arrival a fair bit but I can totally see where people are coming from when they say they didnt like it. A real slow burn, not much action with some higher level concepts, but if anything its a reflection of the short story the film was based on and not so much DVs directing ability.

And now apparently a great Blade Runner sequel? oh lordy.

But Dune? I thought Dune could never properly be adapted to the big screen, it was a waste of time to try, an exercise in futility if you will. Im still not fully convinced, but if anyone can do it, its mah man DV!

Even my GF is looking forward to BR 2049 and thats not her favorite kind of movie.

So that Blade Runner anime that dropped today, how long is the CrunchyRoll exclusive on it? Want to watch it in 1080p without giving a credit card number.

jon_i634

Banned
God, I can't wait for this. This is the kind of movie that I gotta see in theaters.

Any word if the faux-IMAX stuff is in 3D? 3D conversions usually look like butt, so I wanna avoid it as much as I can.

Rixxan

Absolutely thrilled by these impressions but still keeping my expectations in check

Better to go in thinking it sucks than thinking it's outstanding

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I can't wait for this movie, probably just as excited for this as I am for SW Ep8(and I'm extremely excited for that).

I think he means original projects hat he wants to pursue and not being handed over films that he might be a good fit

If he didn't want to do them he wouldn't have done them.

But he did want to do them. So he did them.

I'm confused as to where/why this narrative that Villeneuve's been handcuffed by studios and their shitty desires is coming from.

He chose to do all this shit because he wanted to do it.

I’ve had nothing but faith in this project – the talent recruited is just too spectacularly perfect for this film not to be fantastic.

God, we are so close now…

God, I can't wait for this. This is the kind of movie that I gotta see in theaters.

Any word if the faux-IMAX stuff is in 3D? 3D conversions usually look like butt, so I wanna avoid it as much as I can.

The IMAX version is 2D.

The 3D version was created without the involvement or intent of the cinematographer Roger Deakins. Avoid!

The original Blade Runner isn't especially great or interesting

Not sure if serious.

Top Bottom