• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denis Villeneuve in talks to direct Cleopatra for Sony Pictures

They will probably cast Marie Avgeropoulos

762fa9d7bea8ea8d414b327c50213f5d--the--season--female-celebrities.jpg
I.... would be ok with this.

pa22word

As to the movie itself, I kind of want to see this if only for an epic Actium setpiece battle. Rest of the story is mostly whatever. Most of the interesting stuff during that time happened on the other side of the Mediterranean.

Introducing Black Cleopatra, the sassiest queen to ever exist.

Teacher: You have a beautiful name, Cleopatra. Tell me how you got it?

Cleopatra: Mama always tell me I was a queen.

Teacher: Queen of what?

Cleopatra: Queen of kicking your ass for asking stupid questions, bitch.

Announcer: She's so sassy, you could cut the sass with a knife.

I want a Black Cleopatra movie now.

Well there is the classic Cleopatra Jones...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Dear Hollywood dune can be a multi movie franhise and spin off opportunity which you normally love whereas ben hur had disaster written all over it kthxbye

berzeli

Banned
pls do this. Man, it's been ages since we've gotten a proper epic romance film.

Sure, the 1963 version almost bankrupted Fox.
Sure, the audience might have moved on.

But I want it.

According to the article linked in the other thread, it seems he's doing Dune first. He'll pass on doing Bond, make Dune and do prepwork for Cleopatra while he's making Dune.

Dude's apparently a monster with how busy he keeps himself.
I mean, can you blame him? He went from Prisoners to major studios wanting to give him the reins of Blade Runner, Bond, Dune, and now a historical epic, in only four years. I’d want to keep the ball rolling too

Isn't this whole project attached to Jolie? Like she comes with it as the lead or bust? That was the case when they were trying to get fincher

I mean, can you blame him? He went from Prisoners to major studios wanting to give him the reins of Blade Runner, Bond, Dune, and now a historical epic, in only four years. I’d want to keep the ball rolling too

Oh I'm not blaming him at all! I'm just noting that the man keeps himself busy.

Tons of directors would probably burn themselves out from the sort of work schedule Villeneuve seems to have.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Isn't this whole project attached to Jolie? Like she comes with it as the lead or bust? That was the case when they were trying to get fincher

That was the case before, dunno now but I'd be pretty excited to see her portrayal of Cleopatra! Hopefully better than what she did in Alexander and that German accent..

N21

This isn’t Dune.

Isn't he reportedly a huge Dune fanboy? I doubt he'd push that off unless he really wanted to do something else first.

THANK YOU. Fuck everything that isn't Dune. Fuck Bond. Fuck Cleopatra. Fuck the king. Make Dune.

What happened to Dune?

All I can say is that I hope that this doesn't intervene with Dune being made.

Nobody asked for this.

Just make Dune, Denis.

DO DUNE DONT TEASE ME LIKE THIS

Dear Hollywood dune can be a multi movie franhise and spin off opportunity which you normally love whereas ben hur had disaster written all over it kthxbye

According to the article linked in the other thread, it seems he's doing Dune first. He'll pass on doing Bond, make Dune and do prepwork for Cleopatra while he's making Dune.

Dude's apparently a monster with how busy he keeps himself.

Face it guys, Dune is dead. Hear me out, what about Ice Age 6? We always need another one of those, right?

Meowster

Guess the Angelina Jolie project got scrapped. Was looking forward to her in the role but I bet Villeneuve will make a far better movie so oh well.

Lord Fagan

Face it guys, Dune is dead. Hear me out, what about Ice Age 6? We always need another one of those, right?

You just equated Frank Herbert's sci fi classic with an Ice Age sequel.

How old are you? When was the last time you read a physical book with paper pages?

The Rise and Fall of Roman Republic Cinematic Universe. Surely Caesar will get his own spinoff movie trilogy, starring Channing Tatum.

Top Bottom