• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First details on the next Hitman game (IO, PC/next-gen, open levels, no checkpoints)

Derrick01

Banned
O my fucking god, can it be true?

Where's Derrick when you need him?

Don't worry there's no way I was going to miss this. They're saying the right things for now but Absolution was deserving to be on the all-time terrible sequel/remake list so IO needs to show....and they need to show a LOT to ease my suspicions. I'm hoping that since Absolution tanked they learned their lesson and these words won't just be nice words to butter up the fans. Let's not forget how much they were saying before Absolution came out too. They said there were sandbox levels in that game too and there turned out to be 3 or 4 in a game that had about 30-40 total areas and 1 of them was a really tiny strip club.

Also even if all of this stuff here ends up being true it's not enough to fix Absolution's sins. I need to know if the disguise system was fixed and if they got rid of instinct mode. Make no mistake instinct mode needs to go completely too, not attempt to be "fixed". You can't fix something that doesn't belong in a hitman game to begin with. I don't mean to be unnecessarily negative but I hope IO understands that after Absolution they're not going to sell their new game to most people with words and promises. You lose that benefit of the doubt after you put out a game that's going to be remembered alongside gems like Deus Ex Invisible War and Splinter Cell Conviction.

Interfectum

Don't worry there's no way I was going to miss this. They're saying the right things for now but Absolution was deserving to be on the all-time terrible sequel/remake list so IO needs to show....and they need to show a LOT to ease my suspicions. I'm hoping that since Absolution tanked they learned their lesson and these words won't just be nice words to butter up the fans. Let's not forget how much they were saying before Absolution came out too. They said there were sandbox levels in that game too and there turned out to be 3 or 4 in a game that had about 30-40 total areas and 1 of them was a really tiny strip club.

Also even if all of this stuff here ends up being true it's not enough to fix Absolution's sins. I need to know if the disguise system was fixed and if they got rid of instinct mode. Make no mistake instinct mode needs to go completely too, not attempt to be "fixed". You can't fix something that doesn't belong in a hitman game to begin with. I don't mean to be unnecessarily negative but I hope IO understands that after Absolution they're not going to sell their new game to most people with words and promises. You lose that benefit of the doubt after you put out a game that's going to be remembered alongside gems like Deus Ex Invisible War and Splinter Cell Conviction.

Yup. I'm trying to temper my excitement until I hear about the save, instinct and disguise systems. Those completely broke the Hitman experience.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Hitman: Absolution is one of the few games I agree 100% with you. That game was broken on a deep level and nothing about it should be kept for the next game.

Top Bottom