• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Dragon Quest XI (PS4/3DS) screenshots

55CB5FDD464ACA001A

Oh shiiiiit, could be turn-based battle be seamless?

don't give me crazy hope like this

rbenchley

Since you can see Drackies in the background in the battle screen, maybe there are no random encounters, but instead the enemies are all already on the map screen? And maybe there are seamless battle transitions like Star Ocean 5 and Tales of Zestiria.

Not sure about seamless battle transitions on the PS4 version, but random encounters seem to have been killed off (Praise Jesus!) GIF of the 3DS version:

egyVXhp.gif

Falchion

That looks amazing! I've never played Dragon Quest but I would absolutely check this out because it just looks too good.

Zyrox

Both versions look amazing. I need them both here in Europe, ya hear me, SE?
Those 3DS shots look a little too clean though. Probably bullshots. The game looks great anyway though.

Wow, both of those look ace, and the PS4 version looks like a return to form for incredible graphics from Japanese games. Definitely interested in the PS4 version, but might get both!

Aeana

The 3DS shots are bullshots to be sure, but I can already picture it on my actual 3DS screen and it has me salivating.

PS4 version looks ridiculous though. I can't wait for both. Hopefully we get a proper trailer at TGS and then a more in depth look at Jump Festa.

You probably won't need to.

Maybe not. There's a couple of 3DS games that gain AA when 3D isn't in use, perhaps this is the same.

Beats

The character models look nice on the ps4 version, but the environments don't really mesh well at all with them. I can't say I'm a fan of the overall look.

Rymuth

For those who want to play this, remember to buy Dragon Quest Heroes when it comes out.

Instead of hoping, we should make our own luck.

So, good looking 3DS screens = Bullshots, good looking PS4 screens = the real deal?

Come on ... how about trying not to be so biased ... the normal 3DS is able to push out some pretty nice graphics for the old hardware it has ... remember RE: Revelations?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
There's something really funky with this and DQ:Builders, the monsters looks like they were superimposed on a background of some other game. Heck, everything looks strangely out of place to me for some reason.

Maybe its the black lines?

DQ Heroes is kinda like that too. It looks good in motion.

AgeEighty

For those who want to play this, remember to buy Dragon Quest Heroes when it comes out.

Instead of hoping, we should make our own luck.

I think DQH will have to bomb pretty hard for DQXI to not make it West. And even then it may not have much impact. Whatever happens to spinoff games here, we do get all the numbered entries (as long as they're not MMOs).

That said, yes, buy DQH!

Looks really good. First and third screenshots are my favorites.

I really hope we get more footage around TGS (and a localization after this game releases...)

Fularu

Banned
Call me crazy but I prefer the 3ds screens

I really don't think DQXI benefits from the unreal engine. It's prety but it doesn't fit for me

harSon

Banned
Based UE4.

The improvements from UE3 to UE4 are pretty crazy. It almost seemed impossible to create a game within UE3 without it being 100% obvious that you were using UE3, but the games utilizing UE4 are so damn diverse and distinct - that I have difficulty making those same guesses.

As for Dragon Quest XI... looks so fucking good. The slate of AAA JRPGs coming out is amazing, and I really hope that most of them find success so the phenomenon continues through out the generation.

Porcile

It doesn't look as janky and mismatched as Dragon Quest Heroes, but it does look kinda weird. Nice and vibrant at least.

The 3DS version looks pretty. Don't like the MC's sprite form though.

OnFire331

Holy shit, those PS4 screenshots look incredible. I'd be satisfied if they went with DQH quality graphics but they seem to have gone way beyond that.

Here are some 3DS screens:

Am I missing something here? It doesn't look particularly great, especially the blurry textures. The stylized characters look great however but certainly nothing to fry the 3DS over.

3DS version looks amazing.

I have no doubt that the West will get the PS4 one, but hopefully, the 3DS comes over too.

Both are Day 1 purchases, if they do.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok, that is the best looking game so far on the PS4. Wow.

NSESN

Are there confirmation how 3DS version will work?
Do you have to choice between 2d or 3d after the intro or can you change whenever you want?

Aeana

Are there confirmation how 3DS version will work?
Do you have to choice between 2d or 3d after the intro or can you change whenever you want?

It's dual 2D/3D for the prologue and then you have to make a choice, but you can change it any time you want after that point. They just don't display simultaneously after the prologue.

Ourobolus

Banned
It's dual 2D/3D for the prologue and then you have to make a choice, but you can change it any time you want after that point. They just don't display simultaneously after the prologue.

Oh thank god. That was the weirdest design decision I saw, having them both simultaneously showing. Good to know it becomes a toggle.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
They both look great! I want to play both these games

Top Bottom