• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Dragon Quest XI (PS4/3DS) screenshots

JimPanzer

vastly prefer the look of the 3DS version (on both screens). The characters don't really fit the surroundings on the PS4 version IMO.Will get both nonetheless.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
3DS version looks a hell of a lot better than the VIII port, but I suppose XI 3DS is built around the system's strengths

1439394108-005.jpg

is this texture bug ? what is it ?

Bloodrage

Banned
The character models look nice on the ps4 version, but the environments don't really mesh well at all with them. I can't say I'm a fan of the overall look.
I think it's because the PS4 version has actual textures, while the 3DS version's environments makes it look like a blurry mess in comparison. That's what I'm not a fan of, and maybe this is why I hate cel-shaded environments a lot of the time.

The PS4 version has finally given me texture.

is this texture bug ? what is it ?
Puddle of water.

jgwhiteus

Both look good, though at this moment I'm leaning a bit towards the 3DS version (hope they localize both).

It's still in an early stage, but for me the PS4 version looks a bit "empty" at this point - really huge and beautiful backdrops, but not much life or interest (e.g. the town looks deserted except for the people on the street). The camera is also zoomed pretty far out, to show off the backgrounds probably, and it might have a different feel closer in - I guess the 3DS version sort of forces the camera to be close so it looks like there's more going on in the screen.

In any case, both look good in their own ways, and looking forward to this one coming over.

Kssio_Aug

Loved it for both platforms! They didnt sacrificed the PS4 graphics to port something similar to 3DS, and neither tried to push 3DS hardware more then it should to meet somehow the PS4 graphics.

Both unique, and both are looking AWESOME!! May even consider a buying both.

-TK-

Maybe I'm crazy, but the 3DS version looks better than Ps4 version. Those backgrounds and characters don't blend very well.

BumRush

My God, the PS4 version looks unreal. With many other franchises going more modern (nothing wrong with that), it's great to see DQ sticking to that traditional vibe

Is there any kanji in DQ games? Seems there's not any in those screenshots, could be a decent game to start practicing reading Japanese

ant1532

Banned
without doing any actual real work, my memory off seeing the video of them running from a couple weeks ago tells me these pics are cleaned up a bit... i'd love to be told otherwise though(the video of each version looked effing great otherwise though)

Aeana

Is there any kanji in DQ games? Seems there's not any in those screenshots, could be a decent game to start practicing reading Japanese

Yes, but Dragon Quest games are aimed at kids, so the language level is fairly low. The 3DS version is also already confirmed to have furigana for the 3D mode.

dq11furigana.png

M-PG71C

Outstanding! I just started getting into Dragon Quest this year through the mobile games (Finished DQ 1 & 2, starting 3 now) so this is looking amazing! I'll likely buy both (And if somehow the NX version hits the same time, that one over the PS4 one).

SE is absolutely on fire lately! Their future output looks great!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
One if not the best looking 3DS game ....so hyped for both versions.

zhixson

Maybe we'll get a year when VII3ds, VIII3ds, X, and XI are all dropped on the west.

Probably not, though.

Hell, I'd just love to have a ps1 classics version of Dragon Warrior VII with a side of Dragon Quest VIII digital PS2
that magically run on PS4

Hastati

It looked great in the trailer, and looks great again here. I love the attention to detail and the half cel-shaded look. I'm so down for this game.

This is NOT an MMO, right?

AgeEighty

It looked great in the trailer, and looks great again here. I love the attention to detail and the half cel-shaded look. I'm so down for this game.

This is NOT an MMO, right?

Why would it be, when the last entry in the series was (and still is, actively) an MMO? You think they'd just release two MMOs right in a row to compete with each other and cannibalize each other's subscriber base?

Aeana

Both versions look amazing.

Also watch this game come out before FFXV.

DQ11 is confirmed for 2016, and is unlikely to miss that window because it's the 30th anniversary. FF15 is apparently not even in development if the last active time report is anything to go by.

ys45

Oh wow .

Il be really sad if I can't play this in the next 2 years in English ....

Please buy Dragon quest Heroes when it release

Top Bottom