• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wow, sim steering means sim steering. seems to be an utter no no without a wheel, lol. LOVIN it

G Rom

Nah, you definitely feel the difference. Many errors I made in FM5 would have been easily managed or probably would have never happened in FM4 due to steering assists for gamepad.

eso76

could it be due to the new thumbsticks? gerstmann said they were very loose compared to the 360s?

Uh, I thought sticks were a lot firmer, but maybe I'm used to my old 360 pads.
Also, to answer your question, nope, it does feel completely different from fm4.
Boy are these cars touchy. Also, grass now feels like it should.

And yes, T10 should really be ashamed at their (or the publisher's) monetisation strategy.This is some unprecedented shit, FM6 better be a HUGE apology for releasing an incomplete fm5 and selling you back the pieces.
The amount of pr bullshit we were fed to justify the lack of content is ridiculous and its about time it bites t10's collective ass.

Game deserves to be boycotted. I was weak guys, you do that OK?

Xanadu

Banned
Uh, I thought sticks were a lot firmer, but maybe I'm used to my old 360 pads.
Also, to answer your question, nope, it does feel completely different from fm4.
Boy are these cars touchy. Also, grass now feels like it should.

And yes, T10 should really be ashamed at their (or the publisher's) monetisation strategy.This is some unprecedented shit, FM6 better be a HUGE apology for releasing an incomplete fm5 and selling you back the pieces.
The amount of pr bullshit we were fed to justify the lack of content is ridiculous and its about time it bites t10's collective ass.

Game deserves to be boycotted. I was weak guys, you do that OK?

fair enough i will probably be buying the pad for my PC anywho, i heard the bumpers are a step back though. and yea i'm kinda boycotting lol i will buy it eventually, either when they sell the xbox without kinect and hopefully a forza 5 GOTY version, i will almost definitely be playing forza 6 day 1, if it has all the things forza 5 should have had that is

So, people seem to be happy/thrilled with the audio-visual and physics in the game. And I've got to say I'm still tempted by the increase in layers in the livery editor.

BUT
Decimated car and track count, and the whole 'built from the ground up' talk is nothing but PR hot air.
No Public lobbies
No Clubs
No gifting of cars or paints (say goodbye to collabs)
Free Play has been stripped.
No Auction House or Storefront.
Tuning has been dumbed down to an extent ( engine and drive swaps )
No community leaderboards. ( offset somewhat by rivals leaderboards )
No affinity for car parts. ( WTF )
Intrusive monetizing offers which are eight times more expensive than FM4.

Whoever made these decisions about gameplay mechanics, let alone content, has a lot to answer for IMO. They have cut the community off at the knees.
Holy shit. I figured the monetization was going to get worse, but never thought it would be that much worse.

op_ivy

could it be due to the new thumbsticks? gerstmann said they were very loose compared to the 360s?

no. absolutely not. even in fm4, if you got into a drift it was easy to recover. even on sim steering. even with the pad. now? fuck no. with the pad i'm utterly losing control of the car once a big drift is initiated and i go to counter steer. very good stuff. i need a wheel!

So been "installing" for 5 minutes and it's still at 0%.... OS update took about 5 minutes total. What's going on here?

did the same to me. no worries. after 10 or so minutes it got to 1% then went much quicker.

Freeplay is there. Spent quite a while in there.

It's not. You can't drive any car on any track. There is a selection of cars that can be used. That is not free play like in the previous games.

For me there's no doubt that the game was designed around dlc and time saver packs.

Even worse is the false advertising of car tokens included with the LCE. The 1250 tokens won't let you instantly access any car in the game like it was advertised/announced.

People are angry, even on the official forums, and it's not hard to understand why.

Holy shit. I figured the monetization was going to get worse, but never thought it would be that much worse.

It's disgusting really.

Does the day one edition have special labeling on it in the US?

Just grabbed a copy from walmart and I didn't see any copies with any special symbol saying Day One like the pics I've seen for day one versions.

op_ivy

the new ai is so fantastic. i really feel as though they are individuals now. much better racers, much closer races. its really a HUGE fucking shame that all the races thus far are set to 2 laps though as i feel with 2 laps i'm forced to batter my way up front because there simply isnt enough time in a given race to race cleanly.

Daffy Duck

So I have my digital copy. Downloaded the game, played the first series however I have tried the other leagues and I'm told content not installed.

How do I fix that?

op_ivy

So I have my digital copy. Downloaded the game, played the first series however I have tried the other leagues and I'm told content not installed.

How do I fix that?

i would imagine you started playing before the dowload was done and you just have to wait. sounds like how it went with my install.

by the way, hoping turn 10 updates with a brake pressure slider. locking up the brakes with no ABS takes such a minute press of the triggers... i suppose i'll adjust, but god damn am i having a hard time right now.

A sweet roll at Bathurst.

HqKuyqd.gif

pixlexic

Banned
game is so awesome. and surprise the graphics are great ... nothing like what people have been spreading in this thread.
Driveatars are not assholes like some people claim and the impulse triggers work really well with this game.

Alright I'm severely disappointed. It appears the drag strips were removed, but there are still references to them in the photomode. Helios can you give an answer on if they will be showing up in an update or if I'm SOL? This is seriously game trade in type deception as everything I've read to this point showed it would be in the game. Hell you even still have drag compound tires.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
game is so awesome. and surprise the graphics are great ... nothing like what people have been spreading in this thread.
Driveatars are not assholes like some people claim and the impulse triggers work really well with this game.

Drivatars should only be assholes to those who are assholes.

the new ai is so fantastic. i really feel as though they are individuals now. much better racers, much closer races. its really a HUGE fucking shame that all the races thus far are set to 2 laps though as i feel with 2 laps i'm forced to batter my way up front because there simply isnt enough time in a given race to race cleanly.

The second series I did - which I think was hot hatch - already moved the lap count up to three and that was plenty of time to race decent Driveatars for a gold position.

faberpach

Ok the time of the day on some tracks is just stupid.

I hope I could drive in prague without being sunblinded... OK it looked amazing on the trailers but why do you keep something that affects on playability?

Also Alps there is a turn that you basically do it on the blind... WTF!!!

Hope one of the expansions is for alternative times some tracks just have turns that are not enjoyable right now...

dejay

Banned
Ok the time of the day on some tracks is just stupid.

I hope I could drive in prague without being sunblinded... OK it looked amazing on the trailers but why do you keep something that affects on playability?

Also Alps there is a turn that you basically do it on the blind... WTF!!!

Hope one of the expansions is for alternative times some tracks just have turns that are not enjoyable right now...

Sunglasses DLC.

It does mean many tracks are lit during or close to what photographers call the golden hour. It's the most flattering light at each of the day and looks fabulous. Fab for photos and replays.

Raudi

Apparently the 0% includes downloading patches/updates.

Yeah, mine stayed at 0% for a LONG time, must have downloaded the 6gb patch before it started installing.

You will be able to start the first race series after 13%

What's up with the Forza Rewards? after they updated the site a while ago I have no reward Tiers now! I need some reward CARS....getting bored with this 1M BMW :)

2beep

Banned
getting my xbox and forza tommorow ;3

i hope the tx wheel works with t500 pedals, also in eu you can buy the tx wheel for 295€ from the netherlands (think 5-10 more to ship to like uk))

Mascot

Awesome to hear positive impressions about Drivatars, but seriously - two lap races again? WT actual F? Would it have broken the game to let users decide how many laps races should be? The tyres barely get warm in a two-lapper.

Hawk269

Loving the game so far, but damn the new physics etc. has me working on some of the races. F4 seems so forgiving now compared to F5. Visually, this game just delivers. Yeah, some jaggies here and there, but overall it is pretty damn clean and it so silky smooth. Really breathtaking...but I need about 4 more tracks/environments. Seems like there will be a lot of repetition in career mode because of the lack of tracks. Hopefully, they announce FREE DLC tracks and they are incorporated into the single player game.

Top Bottom