• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Rocket League Cross Platform play is coming! (PC, PS4, Xbox One!)

j-wood

Agreed.

Jesus people, can we please wait for all the info?

I updated the OP. They said that Cross Platform with PS4 information will be coming soon. They used alot of confusing language by saying, "all platforms" "online unity everywhere". Mods, please change the title to say PS4 coming soon?

Very nice. Looking forward to more then 500 players in the Snow Day que!

By the time this comes, Basketball will likely have replaced Hockey.

Gonna miss those slapshots :(

Good news about the cross platform play though! Sounds like the PC might end up being neutral ground if they can't get PS<-->Xbox cross platform play greenlit.

Blanquito

So, once again, how does this actually work? Will PC players have to choose between crossplay with XB1 or crossplay with PS4?

We still need more details about this system before I'm willing to get really excited.

HooYaH

So, once again, how does this actually work? Will PC players have to choose between crossplay with XB1 or crossplay with PS4?

We still need more details about this system before I'm willing to get really excited.

I'm guessing W10<->Xbox and Steam<->PS4 players. Need more clarification from the devs.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
So this just means a larger pool of players when you search for games online?

Big deal imo.

I assume its going to happen as they've changed stance, but to get it working with PSN requires some work, its not just hook them up, its network apis and profile apis and all sorts of stuff.

Like XBL has a recent players list that wont work with PSN

There is no signal of Psyonix doing a W10 version of RL, and "new regarding other platforms coming later" clearly indicates they are working with Sony and MS to get out a solution right now. If they don't plan to do that or was turned down by Sony, they wouldn't mention that in the first place.

mikephelpsupersaiyan.gif
mikephelpsupersaiyan.gif
mikephelpsupersaiyan.gif
mikephelpsupersaiyan.gif

j-wood

Huh, just realized I could update the thread title. Thought a mod had to do that, either way more accurate now.

Genio88

Awesome news, i've got Rocket League on Xbox One, didn't have much trouble in finding opponets, though the more players i get to play against the better it is

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I updated the OP. They said that Cross Platform with PS4 information will be coming soon. They used alot of confusing language by saying, "all platforms" "online unity everywhere". Mods, please change the title to say PS4 coming soon?

Nice... seen their reddit announcement too.

This doesn't confirm PS4 <--> XBO crossplay, what the hell is going on?

It does not but Microsoft have said they will allow cross-play with any consoles (including PS4) so it's down to Sony who already allow cross play with PC and have allowed cross-play with the WII in the past so it's pretty much confirmed it's coming.

kiguel182

Every game should have cross platform multiplayer. I wish Microsoft and Sony could create some standard and have both use it.

I hope it doesn't mean more lag, am I playing against pc folks now on PS4 by default? Servers have been pretty good so far.

It's good though for the platform with the smallest DAU. :p

This doesn't confirm PS4 <--> XBO crossplay, what the hell is going on?

They went into a little bit more detail in the ID@Xbox post:
http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/14/letter-chris-charla-idxbox-updates-gdc/

First, in addition to natively supporting cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows 10 games that use Xbox Live, we’re enabling developers to support cross-network play as well. This means players on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live will be able to play with players on different online multiplayer networks – including other console and PC networks.

Of course, it’s up to game developers to support this feature, and Xbox Live players will always have the option of choosing to play only with other Xbox Live players. We’re thrilled to confirm that Psyonix’s Rocket League will be one of the first games to take advantage of this new capability by enabling cross-network play between Xbox One and PC players, with an open invitation for other networks to participate as well.

So it doesn't confirm it, but it would be a shocker given Sony's past statements that it isn't inevitable.

Ghazi

Thread title seems poorly worded? From what I can tell it's XBO<->PC and PS4<->PC cross play confirmed, not XBO->PS4

Helznicht

If Psyonix can bridge the gap between MS and Sony and get them to allow full cross-network play, I will buy this on principle alone.

Good lord. Please let this start happening with more games. So hyped about this!

Now I don't need to wait for my friends to pick up a PS4 to play this gem!

How are the leaderboards supposed to work if XB1/PS4 isn't available at the same time as XB1/PC and PS4/PC? PS4 and PC leaderboard are already shared, so what will Xbox use?

hesido

Wondering about the patch certification differences between platforms and how it may effect full cross platform titles.

Top Bottom