• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuse (formally OverStrike) Re-Reveal (and Impressions), releasing Q1 2013

Toppot

For anyone looking for more footage to see the weapons, etc, check out the Xplay breakdown and interview w/Ted Price:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/60846/fuse-x-play-exclusive-with-ted-price/?quality=hd
Was just looking at this myself, didn't know if it deserved its own thread, but probably not.

Good to see Ted confirm that the art/tone change was their choice and not EA's.

Can't wait for them to show us some of the humour, I think that is peoples second biggest fear (After the art style change)

I don't understand how going from a more cartoony style to a more realistic style allowed them to do crazier with the weapons though =/ There's a reason you can have a Morph-o-ray in a R&C game and not in Resistance. To me the more serious style tells me to be more tactical with the guns, like the sniper shooting arrows above the turret guy then letting the mercury fuse mix land on him.

I'm also a wee bit worried still about how leaping effects leveling up and the gameplay, sounds like it is forced on you pretty much. Which is cool but if I've been playing one class a lot I'm worried another character will be underpowered for a job or have their points (If AI get any) will be distributed in area's I don't want it.

Still, bring on more Fuse!

Jawmuncher

Q1 2013......Oh man this game is being thrown to the sharks.

Just like Syndicate, Alice, and Shaodws of the Damned before it.

*EA we publish new games and could care less if we advertise them properly.

Well I like the Lost Vikings style of switching between characters on your team. What a great way to make solo play fun in what's normally meant to be a co op shooter.

Toppot

Q1 2013......Oh man this game is being thrown to the sharks.

Just like Syndicate, Alice, and Shaodws of the Damned before it.

*EA we publish new games and could care less if we advertise them properly.

Now, we don't know what deal they have in place with EA, I'm sure Insomniac has seen what has happened to the other games and have planned accordingly. Maybe Insomniac will put in more money to the marketing in return for a larger cut of the sales.

Aaron

Story seems kind of cliche, but one thing I wonder is why does the sexy evil lady always have raven black hair? Are blondes too dumb to be evil? What about an evil redhead, or maybe just a normal chestnut haircut without any goth dye?

Top Bottom