• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2014 |OT| Now with tiers! Still with tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
U0XnkZe.png

(2013 GJL thread)

Links to 2014 leagues
GJLP
GJL2
GJL3

Why hello there everyone. Your benevolent overlord Arkos here. It has been a long time. I hope I find you well. It is good to see you.

UPDATE 9/1: It's on like Donkey Kong fuckers

As we approach our second season (and the first to utilize our unique, innovative, forward-thinking, outside-the-box, synergistic, tiered league system inspired by European football) we take a moment to pause. We reflect on the AFK's we have lost. We marvel at the champions of our inaugural season. And, we prepare for another season of brutality, hatred, and unfairness.

It looks like last year's rules will be changing, but here is what will stay the same

1. Playoffs

6 teams, division winners get a bye, one-week games.

2. Promotion and Relegation

Top 4 teams move up (thus, division winners automatically move up, if you've been paying attention). Middle 4 teams stay where they are. Bottom 4 teams move down. Obviously if you're in the Premiere League you can't move up, and if you're in League 3 you can't move down.

3. Tie Breakers

Record > Head-to-Head Record > Points For. If you can break that, then congratulations.

4. Trophies

Premiere League winner - Lore Trophy
68Kyd3U.jpg

GJL2 winner - Bish Trophy (design pending)
GJL3 winner - hot meal (kidding, suggestions are welcome. Blamespace trophy?)

Second place gets the Bono. AFK's get the computer dog. We also have a chicken in case someone makes a huge mistake.

5. AFK

3 strikes and you're out.gif

6. Draft

Draft is the Sunday August 31st evening (EST) after the last preseason game.

***AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO***
(asterisk is LM)

JX6LtYc.png

GJLP

Gaming Division
Straw Hat Pirates [Jayhawk]
Ayahuasca Shamans [ErasureAcer]
Putin Karate Chop [SleazyC]
Chip's Ahoy [Omega Rex]
Corporate Peezy LLC [Future Foundation]
BT's Skullcrackers [Bonethug]

OT Divison
Chip United [Notrollious]
The GRONK [iAmMaximus]
50 shades of Forte [lastflowers]
Mo Honey Mo Problems [Teptom]
FrankGoreWaifuPillow [Rawr its Ry]
Beats by Ray [youngplaya21] *

hWuuXk7.png

GJL2

Gaming Division
Blair Walsh Project [smokeymicpot]
Stonking Great Hits [Clobersaurus]
Fletcher [Fletcher]
OGF [Vyer]
Rabid Lobsters [Mazre]
Stupendous Men [Arkos] *

OT Division
Cunning Creepers [SuicideUZI]
Welker Texas Ranger [DarkFlow]
Eli's Red Bucket [LQX]
Jammy Gits [Jamie OD]
AP's Switch [OJdaKiller]
Sangreal's Team [sangreal]

e2TIEbE.png

GJL3

Gaming Division
Team Dutti [Dabushman]
Doof United [darkiguana]
dammitmattt lives!!! [CouldBeWorse]
ShinRPGamer F.C. [ShinRPGamer]
kelika beasts [kelik]
Password is Taco [GK86] *

OT Division
Toronto Maple Leafs [Samyy]
Blahoholics [cr_blah_blah]
ccb fan Team of ??? [ccbfan]
Turd Blossoms [Texfan]
Aldon's Airlines [thebigmanjosh]
Irritable Bowe Syndrome [Rudakus]

On-Deck Circle
[rCIZZLE]
[CriginsMcJuggs]
[VPhys]
[Compbros]
[Arkos' friend]
?
?

That about does it my friends.

I look forward to winning ALL OF THE LEAGUES. Let the shit talking and relentless hatred begin.

Cheers.

Ferny

I look forward to winning GJL3, then GJL2, and finally the Premier League. Let the shit talking and draft discussion begin.

I'll make sure you never come to the Premier League!

I'm fine with Yahoo. Think I like their system a bit better as they have more detailed analysis of recapping week to week action. Think you can actually set up your roster for weeks in advance as well.

When will the leagues be up to join and when do we find out our drafting position?

Arkos

When will the leagues be up to join and when do we find out our drafting position?

Leagues will be up asap (we still have a month+ until the draft) and drafting position is random, so it's up to y'all when draft position is decided. Tell me when, I'll feed them into a randomizer, and boom.

Ferny

Leagues will be up asap (we still have a month+ until the draft) and drafting position is random, so it's up to y'all when draft position is decided. Tell me when, I'll feed them into a randomizer, and boom.

Do them as early as possible. It'll give everyone a chance to prepare.

Arkos

Hey!! Where's the new blood??

Ferny had to accept a more prestigious position so we have another spot. Any takers?

Didn't even know this thread was up!! And let's get the ball rollin'! Should we do a checkin to make sure everyone is here and not banned before talking about the draft?

I'm down again this year. I kinda stopped playing when it seemed like everyone else quit lol.

That should hopefully change this year, at least in the premier and 2nd league. I believe everyone that are in both of those leagues played thru all of the regular season last year

So there's space in League 3?

If so, I'll join.

Which site does it use (Yahoo or ESPN)?

Looks like we're switching to Yahoo this year

LQX

I'm in.

Also, Yahoo is the best for Fantasy sports IMO. Way easier and functional than the others.

DarkFlow

Banned
That should hopefully change this year, at least in the premier and 2nd league. I believe everyone that are in both of those leagues played thru all of the regular season last year

Looks like we're switching to Yahoo this year

Yeah it kinda sucked when no one would do trades and you were stock with whatever was on the waiver wire.

I am in, Team Doof will rise again,. I know I kinda flaked out last season. Sorry about that. October and November were just really awful in my personal life(my Dad died), so I did not keep up like I should have.

As far as GAF Justice League 2 is concerned:
- United We Run (9-7) [youngplaya21] checked in
- Only Human (9-7) [ErasureAcer] checked in
- Only Goodell Forgives (7-9) [Vyer] checked in
- Stonking Great Hits (6-10) [Clobersaurus15] no word yet
- Frank Gore Waifu Pillow (10-6) [Rawr its Ry] no word yet

- Blair Walsh Project (8-8) [smokeymicpot] checked in
- Team D (8-8) [Impaler] couldn't send a PM. Banned???
- Team Boss (7-9) [LQX] checked in
- Victory Strikes Again (8-8) [SuicideUZI] checked in
- Butt Fumblers (8-8) [DarkFlow] checked in
- Deimon Devil Bats (7-9) [Jamie OD] checked in
- Team Farmer (10-6) [not a GAFfer] no idea on a word yet

I'll work on sending PM's to everyone in the Premier and JL3 in a bit. Looks like the following people want to join JL3:
- Fletcher
- Mazre
- OJdaKiller
- sangreal
- darkiguana
- GK86
- Samyy

Arkos

Sweet, I've been a little busy but I'm going to carve out time this weekend to set up leagues and send invites.

Edit: Updated OP

DarkFlow

Banned
As far as GAF Justice League 2 is concerned:
- United We Run (9-7) [youngplaya21] checked in
- Only Human (9-7) [ErasureAcer] checked in
- Only Goodell Forgives (7-9) [Vyer] checked in
- Stonking Great Hits (6-10) [Clobersaurus15] no word yet
- Frank Gore Waifu Pillow (10-6) [Rawr its Ry] no word yet

- Blair Walsh Project (8-8) [smokeymicpot] checked in
- Team D (8-8) [Impaler] couldn't send a PM. Banned???
- Team Boss (7-9) [LQX] checked in
- Victory Strikes Again (8-8) [SuicideUZI] no word yet
- Butt Fumblers (8-8) [DarkFlow] checked in
- Deimon Devil Bats (7-9) [Jamie OD] checked in
- Team Farmer (10-6) [not a GAFfer] no idea on a word yet

I'll work on sending PM's to everyone in the Premier and JL3 in a bit. Looks like the following people want to join JL3:
- Fletcher
- Mazre
- OJdaKiller
- sangreal
- darkiguana
- GK86

Don't lit that farmer guy back. He was a total no show most the season after he drafted Payton Manning with his first pick.

Omega

Banned
GJL1 Gaming pls

I'm down.
obviously

and yeah fuck team farmer. dude picked peyton, won his first game, talked shit, was never seen again. I think he had more AFKs than I had wins

Anyone happen to know if it is possible to reset the trophies on an ESPN from last season without having to delete and remake every single one manually?

edit: never mind went ahead and just changed them all manually

Well if one of the leagues decides to use ESPN instead of yahoo you can count me in. Already in a couple leagues on ESPN and don't feel like fooling with 2 different apps.

Anyone ever do a pay league here on GAF?

Well if one of the leagues decides to use ESPN instead of yahoo you can count me in. Already in a couple leagues on ESPN and don't feel like fooling with 2 different apps.

Haven't seen a pay league done before. Tried to start once a long time ago, but getting the $$$ and sending it out sucks ass. And it doesn't matter to me which site it's on, but I'd definitely prefer ESPN too. Tried yahoo last year, and it just felt off....

Arkos

Ok no Farmer :p (don't mind at all since he doesn't even GAF)

Yahoo is easier because I don't have to get everyone's emails to invite them and people seem to like it (a lot seem to prefer it) so I figured try both in the first 2 years and see what works. I'm also used to Espn but I'm down to give it a shot

You guys talk it out, I'll make a decision soon though so I can finalize the leagues and send invites

I am in, Team Doof will rise again,. I know I kinda flaked out last season. Sorry about that. October and November were just really awful in my personal life(my Dad died), so I did not keep up like I should have.

I'm sorry to hear that, I went through the same thing during football season 2 years ago. All is forgiven

I will join if there is space. Can a buddy join too?

It's better for communication if it's all GAF people. It is the GAF Justice League after all :p also it seems Farmer (non-GAF) didn't really work out last year.

But yes you're in, as are Fletcher, Mazre, OJdaKiller, sangreal, darkiguana, and Samyy (everyone who has spoken up so far)

Still got at least 3 spots, probably more once some people don't respond to invites

Vyer

Don't really mind either. At the moment most of mine are on Yahoo so I guess it would be more convenient.

Arkos

OP updated with the current state of affairs. We still have room in GJL3, and we still need responses from some returning members.

Other than that it's smooth sailing baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom