• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2014 |OT| Now with tiers! Still with tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll throw my hat in if there are any open slots. I'm in two keeper leagues (and run one of them) so it would be nice to be in a redraft league!

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I'll throw my hat in if there are any open slots. I'm in two keeper leagues (and run one of them) so it would be nice to be in a redraft league!

Ok! Well I think we are currently full after CouldBeWorse, although invites have only just gone out today so we have to make sure that everybody actually joins.

Please continue to say what's up if you're still interested in playing, I can't say for sure but we very well may still have spots open up.

DarkFlow

Banned
Auctions are a class of their own. COMPLETELY different draft strategy from before. I'd say we bring it up next year if everyone wants it, but that may be too big of a change to do this year. That's like randomly deciding to change to a keeper league

Edit: And it looks like we have 8/12 people in GJLP! Still not sure on what team some of them are, but it seems to be:
- Rob's Legit Team [???]
- Putin Karate Chop [SleazyC]
- Chris's Team [???]
- Corporate Peazy LLC [Future Foundation]
- Russsellmania XVI [iAmMaximus]
- Beats by Ray [youngplaya21]
- Mo Honey Mo Problems [???]
- BT's Skullcrackers [BoneThug?]
It's not THAT big a deal doing a auction. It also levels the playing field and makes it less about the random draft order you get assigned.

I love auction leagues and at least the ESPN software handles the draft very well. Snake leagues are fun, too, but auction leagues are more fair.

It's not THAT big a deal doing a auction. It also levels the playing field and makes it less about the random draft order you get assigned.

Isn't it essentially bidding on almost 200 players, with a specific budget? If over half of GJLP wants to try it out, I'll gladly try it too if Arkos is down with it

thanks. it's a silly request but i gotta dominate OT like I did last year
during regular season :(

Sorry, that's not gonna happen this season! You're gonna get beat
by ray

DarkFlow

Banned
ehh..I prefer snake b/c that's what I'm most familiar with but I'm not completely opposed to auction.

I have never done auction and am completely unfamiliar with it.

Isn't it essentially bidding on almost 200 players, with a specific budget? If over half of GJLP wants to try it out, I'll gladly try it too if Arkos is down with it

Sorry, that's not gonna happen this season! You're gonna get beat
by ray
Yeah everyone has the same amount of money, and people bid on how much you want to pay. It takes a little strategy to get what you want, but it's pretty fun and you can laugh at people who over pay. Each person gets a nominee, and the bidding starts from there. It goes round and round, people picking a nominee till the rosters are filled. Normally at the end you just pick who you want and get them for a dollar so it turns into snake at the end basically.

Arkos

Fine with me, I'm all for league rights and making them the laboratories where we carry out the experiments of democracy.

Edit: I say everybody in GJL2 calls that Fletcher guy "felcher" lol :p

Edit 2: still waiting on 3 people to join GJL2 and 4 people to join GJL3 just fyi

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah everyone has the same amount of money, and people bid on how much you want to pay. It takes a little strategy to get what you want, but it's pretty fun and you can laugh at people who over pay. Each person gets a nominee, and the bidding starts from there. It goes round and round, people picking a nominee till the rosters are filled. Normally at the end you just pick who you want and get them for a dollar so it turns into snake at the end basically.

Sounds interesting.

My mofo would probably work better with serpentine settings.

Edit- I'm guessing people also blow your budgets? lol

DarkFlow

Banned
My shamans need to work with snake.

yeah, these 3 slowpokes in JL2 need to hurry up. I want my draft number.

I face you week one, I never lose week one.
Sounds interesting.

My mofo would probably work better with serpentine settings.

Edit- I'm guessing people also blow your budgets? lol

Lol yeah, a few years ago i saw one dude bid almost half his budget on Peterson, he then had to wait for awhile to get anyone else because the system makes sure you have at least 1 dollar for each guy so you have a full team. It's also fun to steal players, or drive up the price when you know someone really wants a guy. Try out a mock draft and try it out, they have that on yahoo.

Arkos

Hold up schedules will probably change once everybody has joined. It will be (forgive me if my math is off) weeks 1-5 division games, weeks 6-11 inter-division games, the remainder are rematches of your first 2 or 3 games.

Lol yeah, a few years ago i saw one dude bid almost half his budget on Peterson, he then had to wait for awhile to get anyone else because the system makes sure you have at least 1 dollar for each guy so you have a full team. It's also fun to steal players, or drive up the price when you know someone really wants a guy. Try out a mock draft and try it out, they have that on yahoo.

You know what... That sounds pretty badass now. Gonna try out a few mock drafts tomorrow..

And for GJLP, once rCizzle and Jayhawk joins we can determine everyone's division, schedule, and draft order. We can also figure out if we want to do auction or snake draft

@Omega: sweet, glad someone liked my team name. And I was the same way last year: I tend to do way too many trades (hell I already traded Dez/Reggie for Forte/Jeffrey in one league...)

Omega

Banned
im rob's legit team. it's the generic name it gave me..i'll eventually update it but Yahoo's 20 character limit sucks asscheeks

fuckin dead at beats by ray. if i dont win i hope you do just for that name

proper drafting/scouting free agency is what matters.

I won GJL3 last year. Granted only 4 of us seemingly paid attention to it, but i think i only finished with 2 players that i originally drafted.

Arkos

You know what... That sounds pretty badass now. Gonna try out a few mock drafts tomorrow..

And for GJLP, once rCizzle, Jayhawk, and Rawr its Ry joins we can determine everyone's division, schedule, and draft order. We can also figure out if we want to do auction or snake draft

My man! GJLP, you have a quality LM here, do him right.

Arkos

Chris' team (now 50 shades of Forte) is lastflowers.

I should kick you out of the league for that

Edit: I need to know who the following teams belong to in GJL2

Ben's Majestic Team
Michael Raimo's Team
Alexander's Team
Welker Texas Ranger (nice)

And also the following teams in GJL3

Matt's Team
Kin's Unrivaled Team

Still waiting on some other people to join

FAKE EDIT: Who the hell is Alexander's Team and why are there 2 of you now lol

DarkFlow

Banned

I am the owner of Welker Texas Ranger. :p

LQX

Just changed name. Team Boss = me.

Finally accepted my premier league invite. I was away for a bachelor party since receiving the invite.

No worries! Also, once rCizzle jumps in, GJLP will be set! Draft order will be determined soon, if no one has any objections to it. I'll post it on the Yahoo main page once it's set

Arkos

Boot both of the holdouts and let's get this shit started(by adding the the next in line). Or at least put a clock on them...24 hours and counting.

The clock is on. I'm going to wait until Friday at least, we'll see. We only have 1 person missing in each league (I worked on this late last night and had to finish it this morning or I would have posted sooner):

GJLP: rCIZZLE. I don't know if he's coming, I've messaged him, he isn't banned, just no responses. Maybe I'll check to see if he's been active on GAF at all recently. He is the most likely to actually be gone.

GJL2: OJdaKiller. He's banned. I've left my email in the thread if he happens to read it (arkoslaww@yahoo.com, send me a message OJ) but no response yet. I would hate to leave him out though, because he expressed interest as early as the end of last season and posted early on in this thread. I have messaged a mod and see below

GJL3: Vyer's friend. I only just sent him the invite last night, I either forgot to send it before or I didn't have his email yet. If he doesn't join by Friday (or so) then that will be no good, but he sounds like a good dude, and I trust Vyer.

What's the rush?

I agree, no rush, but we do want members who are going to be active and paying attention, so the longer it takes somebody to join the worse it looks. Also, if rCIZZLE (or anybody) doesn't join, then we have to re-invite people to different leagues and invite the new people to GJL3, so it will take a minute.

Finally, Erasure is hardcore about this shit, so don't get upset by it. It's a good thing.

We've gotten everybody to join a lot quicker than I expected though, so good job guys. I'm so proud. :')

Vyer

Vyer's friend is the last holdout to join for JL3.

I think the invite might have went out last night. I sent the dude a note to let him know it should be there now, so hopefully he responds.

EDIT: Ah, sorry just read that post. I sent the email in a PM earlier this week, but Arkos might have just missed it. no worries.

Arkos

(This is a GJL2 player)

He will be back on 9/9 (right after the first regular season week). I think we ought to autodraft a team for him and let him take over once he returns. He's obviously not reading GAF while he's banned, but he seems like he would be a good member. Evidence:

This year's thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124407935&postcount=18
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124439897&postcount=30

Last year's thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92314564&postcount=840
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92293144&postcount=834
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92313304&postcount=837
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93514141&postcount=898
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97031021&postcount=951

I'm pretty sure he posted even more before that, I just felt like I already had enough posts so I stopped. He seems like a good dude who really wants to play.

What do you guys say to autodrafting and waiting for him. If he doesn't join after he gets back we could 1) have a robot team, 2) bump people up, it's only one week after all, 3) stick somebody straight into GJL2 (this is unacceptable). I feel confident that he will join once he gets back, though maybe that's just me.

Let me know what you guys think about this situation pls.

(This is a GJL2 player)

He will be back on 9/9 (right after the first regular season week). I think we ought to autodraft a team for him and let him take over once he returns. He's obviously not reading GAF while he's banned, but he seems like he would be a good member. Evidence:

This year's thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124407935&postcount=18
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124439897&postcount=30

Last year's thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92314564&postcount=840
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92293144&postcount=834
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92313304&postcount=837
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93514141&postcount=898
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97031021&postcount=951

I'm pretty sure he posted even more before that, I just felt like I already had enough posts so I stopped. He seems like a good dude who really wants to play.

What do you guys say to autodrafting and waiting for him. If he doesn't join after he gets back we could 1) have a robot team, 2) bump people up, it's only one week after all, 3) stick somebody straight into GJL2 (this is unacceptable). I feel confident that he will join once he gets back, though maybe that's just me.

Let me know what you guys think about this situation pls.
Doesn't matter to me, but I don't know too many people who take an auto drafted team that seriously, especially when the times get rough. Hell rcizzle hasn't even logged in in a week either, so I'm down for just moving on, bumping eraser to GJLP (he's definitely dedicated enough) and the top 3-4 that's already joined GJL3 to 2.

Vyer

I wouldn't have a problem with it. we do run the risk of OJ not wanting to play with an auto draft team, and then we'd get stuck. I have no doubt he'd be invested either, but that's also why I wonder if he thought we'd move once he got banned.

Finally, Erasure is hardcore about this shit, so don't get upset by it. It's a good thing.

Thanks for the defense. Hardcore? haha. Dunno about that but I am damn serious about shit. And my energy is definitely at a "let's get shit done" kind of pace in just about everything. So no offense is directed at anyone I'm bossing around...I'm just quite impatient. Glad there are cooler heads to balance me out.

Arkos

I wouldn't have a problem with it. we do run the risk of OJ not wanting to play with an auto draft team, and then we'd get stuck. I have no doubt he'd be invested either, but that's also why I wonder if he thought we'd move once he got banned.

I'm not sure what you mean by "thought we'd move," but I got the rest of it. Thank you for the feedback.

Does anybody else (GJL2) have thoughts on "holding" an autodrafted team for OJdaKiller?

Also what's the word on draft type for GL2. I really want auction :(

I think we should keep snake this year, and acquaint ourselves with auction to decide if we want it next year. Unfortunately I haven't heard anybody else demanding auction (if you're there, speak up). The GJL is supposed to be pretty accessible, so I don't want to throw any big changes in suddenly.

Edit: It also looks like we could possibly have room for 1 or 2 more players. If you don't fit you'll have first dibs on next year (see OJdaKiller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom